"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
I'm really proud of this team and we have a good crops of player moving foward. I really hope we can enjoy a really nice season next year with all those young talented players, also it was a nice trip till the end.....but damnnnnnnnn i'm so pissed...oh well another things time will have to take care of.....go sens go now heal up we see you at camp :yo:

the tribute

May 10, 2011
The highlight of this game is really the end of a spectacular career for Daniel Alfredsson. Ottawa thanks you for a long and dedicated sens career...Thank you for the memories and all the great moments. I was there when you played your first sens game and there to see you finish your career tonight. I hope the organization does the class thing and retires his number 11 in his honour.

He's not done.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
Given that this team was not even supposed to make the post-season when Spezza, Karlsson, and Anderson went down (not to mention Michalek and Cowen), I can't complain when the team has reached as far as the second round after beating the second-seeded Habs (whose fans are still bitter like a jilted ex-girlfriend from losing in five) only to go down to a stacked Penguins team.

There are a lot of positives to build from here on in - good depth, lots of heart, and solid coaching among many.

Very excited to see what this team can do next year with a healthy Spezza, Karlsson, and further development of the rookies in the team.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
So proud of this team nothing but love for them, hoping for a good off season and a better fate next year. Hope none of you fans and players are down on themselves right now, we are amazing and only getting better. I love you guys and so happy to be a fan of this team from the management to coaches to players down to the fans I love all you!. And 1 for the road.

2CHHHHAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNZZZZZZZZ

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
We were simply outclassed and beat by the pens (ridiculous depth). At least they saw how a contender plays.

Next season will be a great one with Cowen, michalek, and spezza being healthy. (karlsson hopefully will reach 100% sometime as well)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Don't mind that we lost. I hate Pittsburgh but they are way better than us and deserve the series victory.

Thanks for the entertainment and the awesome season, Sens. In the words of Kelly Clarkson, my life would suck without you.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Awesome year. Especially the demolition of Montreal. That was great.

That was such an amazing series. At least two of those games were classics.

The comeback against Pittsburgh was amazing, too.

Some hugely entertaining games for us in the post-season. :yo:

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
We beat Montreal, nothing else really matters.

Pittsburgh should enjoy it while it lasts. There is no way they can keep the Crosby-Malkin-Letang trifecta under the lower salary cap.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Since so many were curious, here's the Karlsson/Cooke handshake:

karlcooke.jpg

Pretty sure Cooke tried to tongue-**** him...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What a ****ing great season. No shame in losing to the best in the East, but it's too bad we couldn't give them more of a run.

In a sense, it's good that we didn't go further in this series. It gives Spezza, Karlsson, and anyone who's nursing ailments time to recover fully. We'll need a fully healthy crew next year -- we're going far.

From our home opener against Florida to our second-to-last home game, we showed the league that this isn't a team that quits when the going gets tough. Did we have the raw god-given talent of, say, Datsyuk? For the love of Alfie, not even close. But every single player on this team shouldered the load and came out of it smelling like roses.

Special kudos to Anderson, Bishop and Lehner to keeping us in games we had little business being kept in; to Methot, Benoit, Phillips and Wiercioch for seldom, if ever, looking out of place and consistently giving 100 per cent efforts; to Condra, Greening, Daugavins, Smith and Conacher for showing that when the going gets tough, we say **** YOU, GOING, WE'RE GONNA DO IT OUR WAY; to Turris, Michalek, Pageau, Silfverberg and Zibanejad for providing scoring that, while not as abundant as we'd have liked, was always timely; to Neil, Kassian, Cowen, Gryba and Dziurzynski for always answering the bell when someone tried to push us around; to Regin, O'Brien, Latendresse and Lundin for being the best damn press box attendants in the league.

And, of course, a massive shout-out to Alfredsson. I sure hope he hasn't played his last game for this team, but he's got his own future, his family and his kids to think about too. If he comes back, nobody will be as happy or excited as I will be. Regardless, if this was his last game, he's been the best damn captain anyone could ever hope for, and whoever follows will have massive skates to fill.

Lastly, to you guys. With seasons as intense as these, the discussions on here have rivalled that intensity. We've all had our differences of opinions, and every fanbase has its loose screws, but the bottom line is that there's no other fanbase on HF I'd rather have shared this season with than you guys and girls (yes, AndrePetersson, this means you.)

Cheers, everyone. Have a great off-season, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, and I really can't ****ing wait to watch these guys build chemistry together, grow together, improve together and win a Stanley Cup together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad