Post-Game Talk: I ****ing benched Franzen in my fantasy league

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Fwiw thread starter, ive franzen in my keeper league and he is sitting there on my bench as well with his ridiculous statline. Im somewhat sad.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner

Franzen had "no clue" why Neil went after him: "He usually steps up when the game is over, tries to be the hero, put his cape on fly around"

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner

LOL, nothing like a subtle dig!:laugh:

Honestly, though, considering how Neil was going after Franzen's head toward the end of the game, Franzen might not want to aggravate Neil or the Senators more than he already has; he's kind of setting/set the stage for the next meeting between the Wings and Sens.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Honestly, though, considering how Neil was going after Franzen's head toward the end of the game, Franzen might not want to aggravate Neil or the Senators more than he already has; he's kind of setting/set the stage for the next meeting between the Wings and Sens.

The Sens have acted like thugs in three of the four games this year. This was also barring something pretty miraculous the last possible meeting this year. I have no problem with him calling out Neil for that, it was crap. Franzen was whacking with Methot all night, but honestly after the first couple games the Wings decided to defend themselves with their sticks, heck Smith even threw down with Neil before this.

Neil does have a history of this for those that have watched this league for a while. He doesn't handle blowouts real well and once again was acting the fool. I am sure the Sens were tired of the stick work, but the Wings were tired of all the attempted high checks they were throwing and it was set early. On Nyquist's second shift Cowen tried to get him high, Nyquist gave him quite the glare after the whistle and it really just continued as it has all season. Honestly with the 6-1 score I really wanted Ericsson to go feed his fists to Cowen that guy has been a piece of **** in all the games they have played this year.

See no reason for Franzen to answer Neil and guess what you act like a clown you get called one in the post-game. Franzen and Methot was a little different they were laying the lumber on each other all night, seems the Sens decided that was what they wanted to do once it was clear he was lighting them up and they couldn't defend him. Huge game for them, the frustration showed, what Neil did to a guy coming off a two month battle with concussions is pretty despicable though.

Talk a lot about these guys needing more respect as borderline as Neil likes to play the game, he is usually defended as one of those tough guys that can play hockey and understands the moment. He can be a baby when they are losing at times, but targeting a guy coming off a concussion that just schooled you with a hat-trick and has never been much of a fighter is pretty ridiculous. It failed him last night and Franzen rightly didn't protect him and Renney lost it on the bench, because he knows better.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Cleary should be a star of the game for not taking a roster spot in place of Sheahan or Jurco

Good point. Both he and Tuzzi get a star for not being in the lineup.
Bertuzzi in the lineup, we barely win in OT. Bertuzzi not in the lineup, we win 6-1.
Bertuzzi and Cleary in the lineup and we lose both games.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

We don't play Ottawa anymore this year and they won't make the playoffs, **** Chris Neil, I used to like the guy, but he's worthless now.

crashman

We don't play Ottawa anymore this year and they won't make the playoffs, **** Chris Neil, I used to like the guy, but he's worthless now.

I like how the Wings are getting "revenge" on Cowen by making him look like he doesn't belong in this league, it's the best revenge possible for his hit on Datsyuk. Granted, he's doing it to himself because he's a bad player, but it was nice seeing Tatar make a fool of him. I still think he deserves a quality beating though.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Franzen
Nyquist
Kronwall

Loved the plays where on Franzen's 2nd goal Datsyuk dummied the puck through his legs and let it go to Franzen...I at least think he did that on purpose. Also loved the smart play by Kronwall on Jurco's goal of realizing there was a delayed penalty so he haad the luxury of deking at the blue line even though he was the last man back

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

That's subtle?

I'd hate to see not subtle. Probably get fined.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Gustav Nyquist: 17 points +7 in his last 13 games
Sidney Crosby: 13 points EVEN in his last 13 games

Nyquist > Crosby

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Nyquist is one of the hottest players in the world right now. He looks like a legit star and will be if he can keep up this consistency for the rest of the season (not saying THIS much, but even close to this level).

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Nyquist is one of the hottest players in the world right now. He looks like a legit star and will be if he can keep up this consistency for the rest of the season (not saying THIS much, but even close to this level).

Don't see why not, as long as he has the linemates. Him and Franzen have been cash money.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I believe I read somewhere Franzen loves playing with the kids like Nyquist. They're honestly perfect compliments to each other. Nyquist can be the playmaker and Franzen has the best finish on the team when he's on. They also can both play the opposite role as we've seen with Nyquist's goal scoring and touch for the net.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I believe I read somewhere Franzen loves playing with the kids like Nyquist. They're honestly perfect compliments to each other. Nyquist can be the playmaker and Franzen has the best finish on the team when he's on. They also can both play the opposite role as we've seen with Nyquist's goal scoring and touch for the net.

Franzen's not a bad playmaker either. Had a great pass to Bertuzzi vs. Montreal and the deflection on the DeKeyser shot made the OT goal happen.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Nyquist-Mule-Tatar
Dats-Z-Alfie/Weiss
Jurco-Sheahan-Alfie/Weiss
Gator-Helm-

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Nyquist-Mule-Tatar
Dats-Z-Alfie/Weiss
Jurco-Sheahan-Alfie/Weiss
Gator-Helm-

Don't know how much Holland and Babcock want to rely on Franzen for center duties. While Franzen has worked there short-term he may not be a long-term solution.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don't think we can mess with the youngest kid line. To think we could roll this when healthy:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Weiss
Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Abdelkader - Helm - Miller

That is just ****ing nuts. Shame we won't get Zetterberg back until likely next season.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I don't think we can mess with the youngest kid line. To think we could roll this when healthy:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Weiss
Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Abdelkader - Helm - Miller

That is just ****ing nuts. Shame we won't get Zetterberg back until likely next season.

I actually like our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad