Post-Game Talk: I ****ing benched Franzen in my fantasy league

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Just got home from the game, that was insane, was proudly standing and cheering for all 6 goals. Franzen gets a hattrick every time he's in Ottawa. What a beast. Chris Neil is a piece of ****. He was waiting in the hallway after he got ejected and was still chirping. He should go to the WWE or something, hockey doesn't work for that clown.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I see no reason to do anything that jeopardizes the Nyquist\Franzen combo or the Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco line.

IMO Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco needs to be a permanent part of the roster. Jurco and Sheahan are 22 and Tatar is 23. That may be the youngest line we've had for like 20 years. And it's a legitimate second line, imagine these guys with a couple full seasons under their belt.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Noticed today Tatar is tied for #2 (28) and Goose is #5 (25) in takeaways for the team.

Top 5:
Dats 55 in 39 GP
Tatar 28 in 51 GP
Zetty 28 in 45 GP
Quincey 27 in 60 GP
Nyquist 25 in 35 GP

Also, Jurco has 50 hits in 21 games

Brandel*

this thread is funny. you guys just created a reason to get upset and then got upset over it lol. let it play out, we just won both games, dont get so worried about the lines right now lol

NyquistIsMyGod*

Datsyuk really didn't do much nor can he right now. When he gets going, this team could put together a serious push.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I feel like that was Datsyuk at like 60%...

I agree. And 60% might be on the generous side.

He's still going to be a useful player because of his IQ and skill, but his skating is tough to watch. Dan Cleary might be a better skater right now.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Any chance we can take Franzen off your hands? If he can score like that in Ottawa we'd go 41-0 at home and win all our home games in the playoffs enroute to a cup :laugh:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Nice ot have a game that doesnt give you an ulcer for once.

Nyquist is still going at it, Mule better keep it going as well. He could carry the team into playoffs like he used to this time of the year.

I actually think Jurco is going to be better than Nyquist. Hes just so fast and smooth out there, its only a matter of time til it all clicks

If that happens... the transition between the Eurotwins and what comes after might not be THAT tough... I still think Nyquist is going to become better but they both got some serious skill!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Babcock we weren't as good, we just got the goals, that man hates offense.:laugh:
:laugh: he probably hatets Franzen now for scoring 3 goals.
Babcock says that Bertuzzi will be back in the lineup next game. This probably means Nyquist back to the 4th line despite today's 1st line having been excellent and Gus having assisted on two goals... because Babcock is still stuck in 2011. Way to **** with a winning formula, Mike. ****ing damnit.

When Babcock gets it into his head to do something, he seems to stick with the plan even when doing so makes absolutely no sense.
Our only hope is Bertuzzi realizes the team is much better off without him so he pretends he is injured, or some of the players injures him at the practice :laugh:
Franzen and Nyquist are so good together too. Weird if Babcock is already commited to Bert being back in the lineup next game. He has a couple days to come to his senses, hope he does.

Seems both Franzen and Z have been on fire when put together with Nyquist.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Never bench Franzen against Colorado
Never bench Franzen against Ottawa

Follow those rules and many fantasy points will follow. He rips those teams up.

I do not understand why Babcock does not say Franzen he will only play vs Avs and Sens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That game-thread was fun to read. Everybody was freaking out about Cleary return and Nyquist on the 4th line.

And when the game started, Nyquist played those first 2 periods with Datsyuk, like everybody hoped.

So funny. :)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I know it's only been two games, but it's pretty damn impressive what this team just did considering Datsyuk can't skate and Zetterberg is not in the lineup.
Hats off to our youngsters.

I truly believe this forward group with a healthy Datsyuk and Zetterberg can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the NHL (assuming that Zetterberg replaces Glendening/Andersson.)

But like I said from day 1 in our preseason predictions thread, health is the most important factor and we just haven't satisfied that criteria this year. We should still make the playoffs though so hopefully Z progresses and can play at some point and for the time being, hopefully Datsyuk can regain some of his skating.

The blueline still worries me a bit though. A #2-3 would be great, but even a solid bottom pairing veteran would be useful to play along Smith. Lashoff has been one of the most pleasant surprises this season for me, even in his limited role, but a veteran presence wouldn't hurt to have around.

The good news on the front though is that the Dekeyser-Quincey pairing has essentially completely changed Quincey's game. Say what you want, but he's probably played his best hockey as a Red Wing since late December.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
And when the game started, Nyquist played those first 2 periods with Datsyuk, like everybody hoped

And by golly, he had 2 assists and was a +2 in those two periods.

But seriously, everybody had the right to freak out:
1) NHL had Cleary in
2) Babcock just put Bertuzzi in the night before despite the fact that he was benched all of Janurary
3) There is the no bigger Dan Cleary fan that Mike Babcock

Tonight's lineup was the lineup that gives us the best chance to win right now. And i think the majority of people would agree with that. The fact that Babcock said he's going to change it and put Bertuzzi in next game is worrisome and annoying. And you bet I'll be complaining about it come Tuesday.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I know it's only been two games, but it's pretty damn impressive what this team just did considering Datsyuk can't skate and Zetterberg is not in the lineup.
Hats off to our youngsters.

I truly believe this forward group with a healthy Datsyuk and Zetterberg can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the NHL (assuming that Zetterberg replaces Glendening/Andersson.)

But like I said from day 1 in our preseason predictions thread, health is the most important factor and we just haven't satisfied that criteria this year. We should still make the playoffs though so hopefully Z progresses and can play at some point and for the time being, hopefully Datsyuk can regain some of his skating.

The blueline still worries me a bit though. A #2-3 would be great, but even a solid bottom pairing veteran would be useful to play along Smith. Lashoff has been one of the most pleasant surprises this season for me, even in his limited role, but a veteran presence wouldn't hurt to have around.

The good news on the front though is that the Dekeyser-Quincey pairing has essentially completely changed Quincey's game.Say what you want, but he's probably played his best hockey as a Red Wing since late December.

And that is since he ........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad