Post-Game Talk: I ****ing benched Franzen in my fantasy league

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It's nice to have a game where I can actually kick my feet up.

Don't touch the lineup Babs.

And let's hope Datsyuk didn't have a setback.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Why? Dude was great in the dozen or so games pre-concussion, looked great playing with an injured Datsyuk and an anchor last night, and has a great record against Ottawa...Shame on you!:laugh:

I have him on my IR, I figured I'd give him an extra game this time to make sure he could stay healthy.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
How I feel after that game:
43655-carlton-dancing-gif-8Bku.gif

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Another fantastic game by the kids. With the addition of a hungry Franzen this is a good forward lineup. Datsyuk is far from himself but hopefully he can keep moving in the right direction.

Gustavsson got the job done again. Made some nice saves, looked a bit shaky but it works.

Big 2 wins, we're putting a bit of distance to the teams below at least, even if we haven't gotten much closer to the teams ahead.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Fun game. My only knock on Babcock is that he didn't play the Kid Line more.

I agree with Babs there. They've been getting 2nd line minutes lately and none of them have dealt with an entire NHL season. Let them get some rest, especially with Ottawa potentially gooning it up.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
BTW, even if Weiss comes back, I feel like the Kid Line is too good to break up. Earlier I would have imagined Jurco getting sent down, but the more they play the more I think they're up for the rest of this season.

Waive Eaves again (best of luck to him) and let Weiss battle for a spot - starting on the 4th line. See if he can beat out Glendening or Andersson to begin with. I don't care if he was getting paid 10 mil. We need points.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Franzen is a lottery ticket against anybody except the Avalanche...

But now recently the Sens :sarcasm:

I see your sarcasm...but I actually think since Franzen came back from the first injury stint he had, he's been playing the best hockey of his regular season career. He had a horrific start and a terrible first 10-15 games but is somehow scoring at a 70 point pace. Its a shame he had the concussion, because he's picked up right where he left off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad