Post-Game Talk: I ****ing benched Franzen in my fantasy league

FadedWingsFan

Jan 28, 2013
Vancouver BC
Cleary thank god was not they put glendening in instead i believe, good choice he was good on the forecheck. Poor guy still needs his first goal lol. I feel bad for doubting the franz countless times, but when he scores it makes my week lol. Probably going to replay that hattrick 100 times :D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I didn't think he would have a great game on the back to back but he was playing Ottawa.

Colorado and Ottawa just get owned by the Mule, it happened once again tonight.

Mule
Kronwall
Tatar

Thought everyone played well tonight.

Hope Babs noticed how easily Smith breaks the zone in possession on the PP, I know it was a runaway but it was funny how easily he did that, just effortlessly pulled the Ottawa pk apart when he rushed it up on the PP and quite frankly our second unit could really use that at times.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
who put the 93 on his hat im cursious? his teammates trolling him?? or was that just coincidential?

Guessing Zibnejad was playing a joke on him or they gave him his hat on accident. Really don't think somebody did that after the first period or something to make a funny especially with how butthurt all the guys were behaving for the rest of the game especially towards Franzen.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
BTW, even if Weiss comes back, I feel like the Kid Line is too good to break up. Earlier I would have imagined Jurco getting sent down, but the more they play the more I think they're up for the rest of this season.

Waive Eaves again (best of luck to him) and let Weiss battle for a spot - starting on the 4th line. See if he can beat out Glendening or Andersson to begin with. I don't care if he was getting paid 10 mil. We need points.

I feel the same way about the Kid Line. I was actually thinking about the exact same scenario while watching this game and I'd just stick Weiss on the 4th line when he comes back and take things from there.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Babcock says that Bertuzzi will be back in the lineup next game. This probably means Nyquist back to the 4th line despite today's 1st line having been excellent and Gus having assisted on two goals... because Babcock is still stuck in 2011. Way to **** with a winning formula, Mike. ****ing damnit.

When Babcock gets it into his head to do something, he seems to stick with the plan even when doing so makes absolutely no sense.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Babcock says that Bertuzzi will be back in the lineup next game. This probably means Nyquist back to the 4th line despite today's 1st line having been excellent and Gus having assisted on two goals... because Babcock is still stuck in 2011. Way to **** with a winning formula, Mike. ****ing damnit.

When Babcock gets it into his head to do something, he seems to stick with the plan even when doing so makes absolutely no sense.
Franzen and Nyquist are so good together too. Weird if Babcock is already commited to Bert being back in the lineup next game. He has a couple days to come to his senses, hope he does.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Franzen just gave it to Neil pretty good, he likes to play hard after the game is over and he couldn't move me, so I guess he was upset.

Basically brushed him off as a clown.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Franzen and Nyquist are so good together too. Weird if Babcock is already commited to Bert being back in the lineup next game. He has a couple days to come to his senses, hope he does.

MLive reported that he said that, but hopefully he said it before the game and will change his mind based on tonight's performance. The team clearly does NOT need Bertuzzi in for offense.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nice ot have a game that doesnt give you an ulcer for once.

Nyquist is still going at it, Mule better keep it going as well. He could carry the team into playoffs like he used to this time of the year.

I actually think Jurco is going to be better than Nyquist. Hes just so fast and smooth out there, its only a matter of time til it all clicks

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Hopefully he will wake up soon.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
gotta love the nhl schedulers. "Let's cram in a back to back after 2 weeks off and then get another 5 days off after that"

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Nice ot have a game that doesnt give you an ulcer for once.

Nyquist is still going at it, Mule better keep it going as well. He could carry the team into playoffs like he used to this time of the year.

I actually think Jurco is going to be better than Nyquist. Hes just so fast and smooth out there, its only a matter of time til it all clicks

I would've agreed with this a bit ago, but now I think Nyquist is going to better than Nyquist. :laugh: Either way, its so nice to go from Filppula/Hudler/Helm/Abdelkader to Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Sheahan. This has to be one of the most complete prospect groups the Wings have ever put together. Every one of those guys has skill, can skate, has a great work ethic, drives the net, and isn't inhibited by their size.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

I honestly don't get it. It's so frustrating. Coach Canada/Can't Do No Wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad