Value of: How interested would New Jersey be in Quinn Hughes

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just draft Luke if he falls to NJD. Luke Hughes can move the puck and he's a bigger, better actual dman in his own zone. I think Quinns vision on offense is better, but this scenario doesn't involve a bunch of assets parting ways for NJD.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
I think if the Hughes brothers were to play together it'd be more likely that Vancouver trades for Jack than the other way around

Regardless, I can't see either Hughes brother being moved at this point when they're still so young
If NJ can draft Luke, poor Vancouver fans may see Quinn to NJ speculation for years

Reactions: thethinglonger

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
After like 1000 threads/posts about Vancouver trading for the #1 pick to get Jack I at least like the premise of this thread with the skate being on the other foot. Neither guy going anywhere of course.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils , like every team in the NHL would be very interested but not interested enough to give up what the Canucks would want. Which would be a ton. Only way it would remotely be possible is if the Canucks are slammed against the cap and would not be able to sign Pettersson and Hughes so Nj takes back a terrible contract or two or three plus Hughes for one or more of Nico Smith Holtz Mercer Severson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You know what I’m tired of both fan bases being toxic with each other.... so I think I came to a conclusion that will be fair for everyone.

New Jersey sends Jack Hughes to Anaheim
Vancouver sends Quinn Hughes to Anaheim
Anaheim drafts luke Hughes this year
Year after that we draft Jack Hughes v 2.0

everyone’s happy, cept Buffalo cause they will still suck

Reactions: Scorcho

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Nuck fans wildly underrating hischier and smith, wow.
Wasn't a Canuck fan that made that proposal.

Not sure where you get your conclusion from.

Personally, I would consider it, but ultimately I'd just keep Quinn. He's shown in the playoffs that he can play strong D. Just this season our team D has been a gong show, and he's struggled in his own end. Been phenomenal in transition and offensively though. The feeling I get watching him is though that he's not done growing. We're seeing just the tip of the iceberg with him.

I really like Hischier and Smith, so I completely understand why most Devils fan hate that proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00