Value of: How interested would New Jersey be in Quinn Hughes

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Wasn't a Canuck fan that made that proposal.

Not sure where you get your conclusion from.

Personally, I would consider it, but ultimately I'd just keep Quinn. He's shown in the playoffs that he can play strong D. Just this season our team D has been a gong show, and he's struggled in his own end. Been phenomenal in transition and offensively though. The feeling I get watching him is though that he's not done growing. We're seeing just the tip of the iceberg with him.

I really like Hischier and Smith, so I completely understand why most Devils fan hate that proposal.
no sane devils fan would make a proposal that lopsided so i assumed it was a nucks fan.

maybe bertuzzipunch isn't the best representation of your fan base lol

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Hughes is their top defender. Adding to Petterson, Horvat, and Boesser would surely be nice, but Vancouver isn’t exactly flush with great d-men...presently or in the system. I think it’d cost a king’s ransom to get Q out of Vancouver.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Vancouver would have to get a piece back that can play defense so they upgrade from Hughes to an NHL caliber defender.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Vancouver would have to get a piece back that can play defense so they upgrade from Hughes to an NHL caliber defender.
And Quinn is still better by miles defensively than every single devils defenseman and thats ontop of getting minimum 60-70 points a season.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
And Quinn is still better by miles defensively than every single devils defenseman and thats ontop of getting minimum 60-70 points a season.

please look at a HERO chart to see just how "good" quinn is defensively...yikes.

he's like -16 this year dude

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
It's more likely he signs a short term deal and walks than gets traded. If the other brother gets drafted by the Devils, watch out.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If NJ can draft Luke, poor Vancouver fans may see Quinn to NJ speculation for years
Jesus, do all of you work with your sibling or something? Is this a thing?

And before anyone throws “Rob Niedermayer” at me, Lamoriello took Scott Niedermayer, fresh off his Norris trophy winning season, to an arbitration hearing in 2004 after he ask for a 5 year/9m deal. (It was the dumbest thing Lou ever did.)

Niedermayer got a one year/7m deal from arbitration that was void by the lockout. Lou offered him a 5 year/7.8m deal, ironically because the 25% rollback in the new CBA would have reduces the original deal Niedermayer ask for a year earlier to a 4 year/6.75m deal.

What was the deal Scott Niedermayer took from the Duck? It was 4 year/6.75m.

So, I would argue 1) it really wasn’t about his brother 2) don’t take to a salary arbitration hearing if you actually want to keep long term.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Jesus, do all of you work with your sibling or something? Is this a thing?

And before anyone throws “Rob Niedermayer” at me, Lamoriello took Scott Niedermayer, fresh off his Norris trophy winning season, to an arbitration hearing in 2004 after he ask for a 5 year/9m deal. (It was the dumbest thing Lou ever did.)

Niedermayer got a one year/7m deal from arbitration that was void by the lockout. Lou offered him a 5 year/7.8m deal, ironically because the 25% rollback in the new CBA would have reduces the original deal Niedermayer ask for a year earlier to a 4 year/6.75m deal.

What was the deal Scott Niedermayer took from the Duck? It was 4 year/6.75m.

So, I would argue 1) it really wasn’t about his brother 2) don’t take to a salary arbitration hearing if you actually want to keep long term.

A lot of people do work with their siblings, it’s also a little bit different when it comes to Hockey. They’ve been playing together since before they were in school.

That being said they’re all fantastic players and don’t need to play on the same team. If they choose to, they can make that happen in free agency. By time that rolls around though they’ll have played/lived apart from each other that it’s likely not as enticing as it would be coming out of the draft.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
chances are better to see the Hughes from NJ to VAN... but for the sake of this thread

To NJ:
Q. Hughes

To VAN:
T. Smith
A. Holtz / 2022-1st (unprotected)
2021-2nd

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is honestly not a shot whatsoever, but there’s literally not one player on the New Jersey Devils I would take over quinn hughes

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
These threads are so pointless, it just becomes a pissing match with everyone overvaluing their own players while undervaluing the other teams assets.. The Devils absolutely have enough to acquire Quinn and the Canucks have enough to acquire Jack, neither team would be willing to pay the price though, so move on

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This is honestly not a shot whatsoever, but there’s literally not one player on the New Jersey Devils I would take over quinn hughes

not a shot but you definitely felt like you still had to post it right?

Thats great by the way, we don't really care tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad