Value of: How interested would New Jersey be in Quinn Hughes

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Vancouver regularly get voted as one of the best cities in the world to live in.
New Jersey is on a different list. Mostly likely to get stabbed in.....

Why be offended? Jersey is ok, but it’s kinda a shit city.
And the team has sucked since Stevens retired.

You can stop proving my point anytime you like.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What’s with this fascination with brothers playing together?

Would any team want to turn the franchise over to the Hughes brothers? I’m not sure that all three together plays well to any other good players on the team. Also the dad wears gear from the agency representing the kids. I’m not getting warm and fuzzies when any of those kids go to contract talks. In a cap league signing all three Hughes bros in a few years may make Toronto’s lineup look balanced by comparison.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils say no lol yeah u can keep those multiple good players ya think u have. Pretty sure canucks have multiple better players than the devils do.

and yet here the Devils and Canucks are basically playing at the same point per game rate with the Devils being in a much tougher division...huh, funny how that works

oh and thats not even bringing up the fact that the Devils best player has basically not played this year

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not saying that isn't what NJ would have to pay to get VAN to trade him

...but yeah, that is never happening.

Oh for sure not, but why would Vancouver trade him for anything less? Unless you did Hughes for Horvat and brought the Schnieder deal full circle. :sarcasm:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'd suggest Vancouver is giving up the best player in the trade.

That usually means a loss, so it takes a lot to make it happen.
A player that got Hall to have his best year ever or a kid who's trending to be the next Gostisbehere. Yep.. Clearly Vancouver is giving up the best player.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
People act like brothers get some sort of boost by playing together. Other than the Sedins, I can't think of an example that backs that up.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'd suggest Vancouver is giving up the best player in the trade.

That usually means a loss, so it takes a lot to make it happen.

The difference in value between Hischier and Hughes is certainly not Smith (looking like a future bonafide top pair guy) AND a high 1st round pick.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hischier + Smith + 1st (likely top 6) for Hughes

Hoglander + Podkolzin for Jack Hughes

These threads are always great comedy. How to cause a franchise to fold.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Hischier + Smith + 1st for Q. Hughes + 3rd?
tenor.gif

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Dito from the Nucks as well. Nico is a 3rd line centre on this team which doesn't put him in a position to excel.
Besides Quinn at 20-21 has over 100 points in 125 games and his D struggles get blown out of proportion.

LOL Nico a third line center keep dreaming

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
or they just sign in Vancouver when they become UFA's. The bros have a ton of Canuck Merch. Jack had to give it up since he's a devil. Luke has a Canuck mask. the ones with the team logo on it, cause he loves the Canucks. yup.

Yeah every player is begging to play for the storied franchise Vancouver C's year in year out a threat to win the Cup.....The ceiling in their rink has no more room for all those banners ....Now back to earth and reality Lawrence neither team does this trade.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Love Quinn but wouldn't want him at any of the prices quoted in this thread, trading Hischier + Smith for him doesn't make us a better team.

Realistically it would make far more sense for Vancouver to try to acquire Jack, if they were dead set on trying to unite the brothers for some reason. It would cost Pettersson though, which is likely a non-starter currently as Jack is 3 years younger and still finding his feet in the NHL. Jacks production isn't quite there yet, but anyone who has watched him play consistently can see the talent is there, it's just a matter of letting him mature physically and surrounding him with some better wingers. There's absolutely zero chance the Devils would give him up for anything less than EP.

Almost impossible to see a scenario in which all of the Hughes brothers end up playing for the same team, but Vancouver would definitely have the best shot of pulling it off if they wanted to.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Hulls, Plagers, Sutter's, Sedin's, I am sure there are others
Any examples from this century (besides the Sedins, like I said)?

Also, looking at it a bit: they played together, but it's not like all of their career highs were when the played with their brothers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Love Quinn but wouldn't want him at any of the prices quoted in this thread, trading Hischier + Smith for him doesn't make us a better team.

Realistically it would make far more sense for Vancouver to try to acquire Jack, if they were dead set on trying to unite the brothers for some reason. It would cost Pettersson though, which is likely a non-starter currently as Jack is 3 years younger and still finding his feet in the NHL. Jacks production isn't quite there yet, but anyone who has watched him play consistently can see the talent is there, it's just a matter of letting him mature physically and surrounding him with some better wingers. There's absolutely zero chance the Devils would give him up for anything less than EP.

Almost impossible to see a scenario in which all of the Hughes brothers end up playing for the same team, but Vancouver would definitely have the best shot of pulling it off if they wanted to.

I actually think the guy that posted the Buffalo/Vancouver/NJ , 3 way trade, might be closest............

I think it was.........

Eichel for J. Hughes +........................not sure what the plus is
Hughes for Dahlin..............................not sure who give a plus, if any
Buff drafts Hughes.............................NHL would have to tell everyone to lay off of Hughes at the draft

I mean, it would a serious marketing campaign, and Eichel would be dancing in the Streets. Personally, I think its a winner!

I actually think it would be incredible, if everyone developed and stayed there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad