Holiday GM Game #1 by donut & JW

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

The 2nd overall pick has been traded. Announcement will be made after the playoffs.

Alex Galchenyuk is available for (quality) futures. Only one asset and not a package please. Send your offer!

Ermo20

Feb 29, 2016
South Carolina
:jets and :stars

Will update needs for the offseason later, but I want to make some deals with both teams. Just looking to strengthen both teams' cores. Anyone can be had except obvious untouchables (Seguin and Benn on the Stars, Scheifele and Laine on the Jets).

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:isles

After a disappointing postseason the Isles are very happy to announce they’ve agreed to terms with team Captain John Tavares on an 8 year, $96M contract. The deal also includes a full NMC.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:isles

After a disappointing postseason the Isles are very happy to announce they’ve agreed to terms with team Captain John Tavares on an 8 year, $96M contract. The deal also includes a full NMC.
Well shit. There goes my off-season plan :laugh:

Also
To :sharks
2018 ANA 3rd
2018 NYI 4th
Patrick Sieloff

To :sens
Brock Nelson

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Renaud Lavoie : Tavares re-signing with the Isles is a nightmare for many Habs fans hoping the team would have signed him on July 1st. However, I am told that there was no recent discussion in the organization about him. Apparently, the decision to not go after Tavares, even if he was available, was made a few months ago.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Renaud Lavoie : Tavares re-signing with the Isles is a nightmare for many Habs fans hoping the team would have signed him on July 1st. However, I am told that there was no recent discussion in the organization about him. Apparently, the decision to not go after Tavares, even if he was available, was made a few months ago.

Renaud Lavoie : I am told that the Habs will announce in the next few hours the acquisition of their new top line center, in a trade with a western conference team. Details to follow...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:vegas The Tavares signing made us a little nervous about FA prices, but are still looking to make a splash in FA. After the Marche signing we still have 25M in space for a Top 6 W, a 1RD, a top 4 D, and 2-3 bottom 6ers.
We are not opposed to filling one of these needs thru a trade if the price is right (esp RD). McNabb, Merrill, our 1sts (LV and NSH, both in the 22-27 range), Dansk and others available

:hawks have signed a number of RFAs. We now have about 17M to spend, top targets are a 1G, 2 top 4 D, and depth up front. Seabrook with retention can be discussed, as well as other interesting trades

Ryan Hartman- 2yr 1.5m aav
John Hayden- 2yr 900k aav
Vinnie Hinostroza- 1yr 650k

Pokka, Jurco, Dauphin, Gustaffson have all accepted their QOs

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:avs

Pleased to bring back Nemeth, Nieto, and Bigras back. Yakupov and Siemens will not be qualified.

With the signing of Tavares, the Avalanche are also wondering what the **** they are supposed to do with their 20 million in cap space, with a 20 man roster already set? :sarcasm:

But seriously, I can take on a cap dump if compensated. The Avs are also shopping the 14th overall pick, Chris Bigras, Vladislav Kamenev, and potentially Samuel Girard. Looking to acquire a high end young forward.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:nashville will be gone for the rest of the day. We will talk to pending RFAs and UFAs tomorrow to see who we are going to re-sign. We also have a deal that will be announced after the playoffs, likely confirmed tomorrow when I rise from my slumber.

On another note, I will be handing round 1 of the draft. More to come from the commissioner.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:cbj made a hell of a run, but congrats to a very worthy Tampa team

Moving on to off-season business, we will entertain offers on RFAs Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner. Looking to potentially move one for a more coat conscious alternative

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Calgary has extended the following RFA's:
Mark Jankowski 2 year deal AAV $1,350,000
Garnet Hathaway 1 year deal AAV $900,000
Freddie Hamilton 1 year deal AAV $900,000
Brett Kulak 2 year deal AAV $1,350,000
David Rittich 1 year deal AAV $1,000,000
Morgan Klimchuk 2 year deal AAV $875,000 (2-way deal)
Jon Gillies 1 year deal AAV $900,000
Marek Hrivik 1 year deal AAV $750,000 (2-way deal)

Austin Carrol, Hunter Smith, Emile Poirier, Hunter Shinkaruk have all accepted their QO's.

The Flames have also informed pending free agents: Matt Bartkowski, Eddie Lack, Tyler Wotherspoon, Luke Gazdik and Tanner Glass that they will not be brought back to the organization.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Montreal Canadiens have traded their 2018 1st round pick (2nd overall) to the Nashville Predators for forwards Ryan O'Reilly and Eeli Tolvanen.

We were very lucky with the draft lottery and even if it was a difficult decision, we had to make this move to be competitive as early as next season. O'Reilly brings an elite two-way game and we see him as a perfect fit on our top line with Jonathan Drouin. He will also bring leadership to the team. Tolvanen is an interesting prospect, an additionnal asset that was needed for us in the trade considering that the 2nd overall pick could turn into a franchise player.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl

The draft will be held tomorrow; the first round at about 6pm est and the second some time in the evening. Both rounds will be auto'd, so please message me with your individual lists by 5pm est tomorrow. Teams that do not send lists will have their picks auto'd from the draftsite list.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:rangers Ryan McDonagh, 10th Overall and JT Miller are available looking for a young top 4 defender with upside as the base of a package for McDonagh or a young top 6 centre.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:ducks are disappointed to have made it all the way with no cup to show for it, but knew TB was a great team. We will look to make some small changes this offseason to make sure we win it all next time.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
2018 7th

:hawks
D Joe Morrow

Cheap 6/7 option so I can spend a little more on a need. Morrow has also accepted his QO of 715k

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
2018 7th

:hawks
D Joe Morrow

Cheap 6/7 option so I can spend a little more on a need. Morrow has also accepted his QO of 715k

Confirmed.

Also around for about an hour. Still listening to offers for Alex Galchenyuk but we actually like the fact that we are deep up front.

Open to ideas.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

The Montreal Canadiens have traded their 2018 1st round pick (2nd overall) to the Nashville Predators for forwards Ryan O'Reilly and Eeli Tolvanen.

We were very lucky with the draft lottery and even if it was a difficult decision, we had to make this move to be competitive as early as next season. O'Reilly brings an elite two-way game and we see him as a perfect fit on our top line with Jonathan Drouin. He will also bring leadership to the team. Tolvanen is an interesting prospect, an additionnal asset that was needed for us in the trade considering that the 2nd overall pick could turn into a franchise player.

Confirmed...it was a tough choice to make but we felt having ROR was a luxury and this move will still help us for the upcoming season and set us up nicely in the future with a potential franchise player.

We have also submitted offers to UFAs and RFAs, word is though Cody McLeod, Alexei Emelin and Matt Irwin will be testing UFA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad