Hitman (2016)

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Hey, is this worth getting?
I've read mixed reviews about it. Disconnections etc etc.

EDIT: I bought it, it was only like €12 on Steam anyway.

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Hey, is this worth getting?
I've read mixed reviews about it. Disconnections etc etc.

EDIT: I bought it, it was only like €12 on Steam anyway.

Definitely worth getting if you like the pre-Absolution games. If not you won't like this one either, it's pretty slow paced and the game mechanics don't make for very satisfying combat.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Definitely worth getting if you like the pre-Absolution games. If not you won't like this one either, it's pretty slow paced and the game mechanics don't make for very satisfying combat.

Never played any Hitman games before. I don't really want combat either, I want to sneak and stealth kill. :)
Enjoying it so far quite a lot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Is the combat any good? I've heard its not the best. I know the point is to avoid shootouts or combat but it could happen? Is it clunky or decent?

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Is the combat any good? I've heard its not the best. I know the point is to avoid shootouts or combat but it could happen? Is it clunky or decent?

It's extremely hard to kill all guards in open combat, at least in the Paris level. You can only take a few bullets before you're dead and there's probably around 150 guards on the level (300 NPC:s in total, not counting the crowds).

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
I'm having a hard time with the replay value, like I thought I would.

LOVED the first time playing, and just doing whatever I wanted to get the job done...but not motivated to do much else.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I'm having a hard time with the replay value, like I thought I would.

LOVED the first time playing, and just doing whatever I wanted to get the job done...but not motivated to do much else.

Those "extra" contracts or whatever they're called needs background stories etc.
"GO KILL THAT DJ!!". Ok, no mention to why or anything.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Got the game.... so far its...alright. I've been taking my time and trying new things out. I'm on the final mission in the tutorial. So price for time spent/played so far is great. I'm hoping some more story unfolds after I finish the tutorial so its not just... go to Paris and kill this guy...because..... I'm hoping we learn more about these 6 people where supposed to kill over the 6 chapters and have a bigger story unravel each chapter

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the Paris mission doesnt have a huge amount of story itself, but it does set one up

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So the Sarajevo Six isn't the main story, its just added in hits for each of the locations? Interesting. I thought the main story would revolve around those 6 people, one being in each location.

I'll be playing the Paris mission probably tonight! Took my time on the tutorial stuff and wanted to get a lot, if not most of it all completed and get all the trophies.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
So the Sarajevo Six isn't the main story, its just added in hits for each of the locations? Interesting. I thought the main story would revolve around those 6 people, one being in each location.

I'll be playing the Paris mission probably tonight! Took my time on the tutorial stuff and wanted to get a lot, if not most of it all completed and get all the trophies.

its not. it would be pretty BS if the games story was PS4 exclusive :laugh:

it is a bit annoying that those extra targets are exclusive though :/

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Those "extra" contracts or whatever they're called needs background stories etc.
"GO KILL THAT DJ!!". Ok, no mention to why or anything.

ahaha exactly.

The Silent Assassin challenge is cool, because that's a hitman staple. It's freaking tough to pull off:

-Can't be seen
-Kill only the targets
-Hide the bodies
- Something else i think.

Hiding the body is the tough part for me.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ahaha exactly.

The Silent Assassin challenge is cool, because that's a hitman staple. It's freaking tough to pull off:

-Can't be seen
-Kill only the targets
-Hide the bodies
- Something else i think.

Hiding the body is the tough part for me.

I might be wrong but im pretty sure you only have to hide the bodies of the guards etc you knock out. im sure I saw someone to Silent Assassin using an Accident-Kill with the body found

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Ah, that's great to know, thanks. It makes sense since that wasn't a requirement in the old ones.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
the Paris mission doesnt have a huge amount of story itself, but it does set one up

Didn't know the 6 where a PS4 exclusive, my bad. I had a bit of time to explore some of the Paris map, its pretty big! I'll probably beat it Tuesday. Glad that there's at least somewhat of a story being set up for the 2nd instalment.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This game is kind of stupid when it comes to killing people. Apparently you can shoot a target in the chest with a sniper rifle, they fall down and then get right back up and run away like nothing happened.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
ok. i'm digging this game now. Those escalation contracts are fun.

My only complaint at this time are the loading times. Good lord.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ok. i'm digging this game now. Those escalation contracts are fun.

My only complaint at this time are the loading times. Good lord.

on console or PC? I have it on PC and its one of my fastest loading games I have installed. its on an SSD granted. just surprised how often I see this complaint

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
on console or PC? I have it on PC and its one of my fastest loading games I have installed. its on an SSD granted. just surprised how often I see this complaint

On console, or at least on PS4, the loading time for Showstopper was around a minute. They released an update yesterday that has shortened it some but it's still 45-50 seconds of just staring at the tv every time.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Yeah ps4. This game is big on trail and error, so you can imagine how annoying it is to wait a minute everytime you hit the "replay" button.

They've said they're committed to continously improving it, so can't be too upset. It's a great game still, I get why they went with the whole episodic style now. Smart.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
At mastery level 16 now. :)

The detail they cram into this map is amazing. They don't let any space go to waste.

What's the latest thoughts from you guys?

The Italy map comes out April 24th (or 26th, I forget). Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad