Hitman (2016)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
GOTY Edition out on November 7th including 4 new missions and new weapons+outfits

its apparently a $20 upgrade if you own the complete first season (even if you bought episodicaly). which seems reasonable given the price of the episodic missions

Full Details: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
GOTY Edition out on November 7th including 4 new missions and new weapons+outfits

its apparently a $20 upgrade if you own the complete first season (even if you bought episodicaly). which seems reasonable given the price of the episodic missions

Full Details: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

the other big thing they buried at the bottom of that press release: All the Season 1 elusive targets are going to be reactivated after the GOTY release. So everyone will have a chance to finish the targets they never played and get the suit unlocks they didn't get the chance to obtain the first time around. You can't replay or re-try any elusive target that you've already finished (success or failure) though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just want the season 2 (story) missons

I'm taking the GOTY edition with new content and reactivated elusive targets as a positive sign for season 2. I can't see them doing all this content and not having an eye towards reigniting interest ahead of launching a new season of missions (I could see it as a farewell/parting gift, but if that were the case I would've expected the announcements to say so)

Just a heads up that launch for the new game and fresh/reactivated content is this coming Tuesday.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
GOTY launch today. I did the 3.5 gb download that adds the patient zero content (Though I haven't bought the unlock yet)

However, this morning when I tried to turn the game on to check on the elusive targets, I was having trouble connecting to the server. There are also some obvious cosmetic menu changes as everything is now in gray rather than red.

also there was a release today from IOI

https://www.ioi.dk/goty-launch/

I'm a little confused by some of the comments because he talks about the "next Hitman game" instead of a second season for this game. Makes me wonder if the GOTY content release is a swansong for this game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i bought the GOTY upgrade. $26 Cdn, adding the Patient Zero, 3 new disguise/weapon combos, and 3 escalation contract sets that feature those new disguises. The patch that went out on the 7th contained all the data, so there are no additional downloads once you buy the upgrade.

Apparently the first Elusive Target reactivation will be the game's very first ET on November 17. No end-date specified yet.

Also, in redesigning the menus and the like, they've changed the mission selection to show Patient Zero prominently, but also have put all the previous missions under a heading of "Season 1", which does make me hopeful that my above-stated fears about GOTY edition being a swansong for this game and the "next game" being a brand new game to buy were overstated and that whatever they put out next will indeed plug into this existing game's framework.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Elusive Target #1: The Forger is active starting today for about 9 days.

It's a pretty simple mission set in Paris. You can get an easy silent assassin rating if you wait in the attic, separate him from his bodyguard, then take him out while he's in a room by himself. Probably takes less than 10 minutes to finish if you know where you're going.

I did it this afternoon and it was my 5th kill and 5th SA rating, so I unlocked the Blood Money suit with gloves and the Winter Suit with coat.

I've also played through 3 of the 4 Patient Zero missions in the last few days. They're fairly short and are left quite open-ended by the lack of opportunities. The missions are:

1) prologue mission has you taking out 2 targets in Bangkok
2) mission in Sapienza by the marina/beach at night. 2 targets and an object retrieval
3) the most different mission, totally in a sniper's nest, you have to take out 5 targets without any of them fleeing the premises and with bonuses for staging it like accidents or hiding the bodies with your shots.
4) The final mission is in the GAMA hospital facility without you starting as a patient. You have to eliminate 2 targets, but also contain a virus outbreak. The longer you take, the more people get infected and must be killed, as well as increasing the potential that 47 gets infected and putting you on the clock.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Elusive Target #3: The Prince, goes live tomorrow (Friday)

Also starting tomorrow, IOI is releasing all the game's Paris content for free through the holiday season. The Showstopper, Holiday Hoarders, every Escalation Contract, and every challenge/achievement/unlockable will be accessible at no cost permanently provided you download it during the free period.

The ICA Facility prologue/tutorial missions are already permanently free as well. So you can basically get 20% of the game at no charge for a few weeks.

Chance are most of us already have it, but spread the word and get people playing to help bolster the fortunes for a full and rich second season.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Definitely feel absolution was the begining of a downward slope for this series, basically took everything great about blood money and managed to mess it up. Even in this one NPCs basically just stay in the same place until the player is near by rather than have a set rout they will follow from the moment the game starts. Tried too hard to make this like assassins creed when it didnt have to be

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Elusive Target #3 (The Prince) reactivation ends at 5am PT on Christmas morning, so if you haven't taken him out yet time is running out.

At this point I'm mostly waiting for a reactivation of targets in Colorado and Bangkok so I can get the suit unlocks for there, as well as maybe 5 more targets overall to get the last 2 general completion unlocks (blood money and signature suits with gloves) It's going to be a while though. There isn't a Bangkok target until #13 and a Colorado one until #18. Which, given that it's taken about a month to run 3 targets means it'll be summer before we get that far down the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad