Hitman (2016)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hopefully the main game isn't like this. There's gonna be BOAT LOADS of targets in the map right?

the story mode is one target. I mean.... why would there be lots of targets?

they will add extra timed targets in the weekly challenges etc, but the standard story mode just works like the beta

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
the story mode is one target. I mean.... why would there be lots of targets?

they will add extra timed targets in the weekly challenges etc, but the standard story mode just works like the beta

isn't it just 1 or 2 maps at launch? Therefore only 2 targets? That doesn't sound right.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
We're only getting 1 or 2 maps to start. You're telling me there's only 1 target per map?

well we already know Paris has one target, an arms dealer called Novikov

the replayability is in HOW you kill the target, and in the extra targets added through timed challenges

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
You're just assuming things. We won't know until launch. The maps are WAY to big for only 1 target and a few timed missions.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
It unlocks at 3am EST, not midnight for some reason... damn! So excited for this game.

My friends list is full of people playing the division...screw that game!

Blood Money v2 baby!

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It unlocks at 3am EST, not midnight for some reason... damn! So excited for this game.

My friends list is full of people playing the division...screw that game!

Blood Money v2 baby!

I start work at 2pm tomorrow, im so getting up early and playing it before :D

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
RIP my plan. game doesnt unlock for another 7 hours sigh. Ill play after work :D

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
If it's like Blood Money episodic makes a lot of sense. Blood Money was very very very episodic from level to level. I would buy it but my backlog is stupid so I am halting purchasing too many games until I can catch up... which may never happen. :(

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
This game will have 6 BIG maps...Blood Money had 13 smaller maps... hard to say what i'd prefer.

This game is ALOT of fun so far :) ... won't say much more to avoid spoilers.

I'm just very skeptical on the replay value...I'm afraid i won't find it enjoyable. This game is really banking on it. Nothing other than the "elusive contracts" really intrigues me. I'll give it a chance of course, but its hard to get motivated to kill the same target over and over.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Paris mission seems cool but keeps disconnecting from server. meh. ill come back to this next week when im off work and can really explore

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Damm, sorry to hear. Kinda lame a single player experience needs a Internet connection.

Paris is awesome though. So much room for activities.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Seems like a good game. But it's the first game I've had to return on Steam. Too many loading issues. I'll buy it again once the bugs are figured out.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So its 6 episodes? So only 6 missions, so the each mission isn't very long then? $18 CAD is still a bit much for one mission, idk about this game but I do love the series

Also if I buy episode 1 and then want to eventually just buy the whole thing does the full game still cost full price or does it take off the $18

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
So its 6 episodes? So only 6 missions, so the each mission isn't very long then? $18 CAD is still a bit much for one mission, idk about this game but I do love the series

The Paris level dwarfs any previous Hitman level in terms of content (though not in pure size if you count St Petersburg from Silent Assassin). It's pretty overwhelming actually. I've played for 7-8 hours and I still haven't discovered every nook and cranny in the palace. Also, that's not even counting all the contracts and elusive hits you'll get before the next level releases.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Wish I had bought through Steam and not GMG so I could return it. Just the same map over and over with 'challenges/feats'. I am bored and not even off the yacht, and there is just 1 map (so far) after and it will be the same. People may like it but not my cup of tea.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Wish I had bought through Steam and not GMG so I could return it. Just the same map over and over with 'challenges/feats'. I am bored and not even off the yacht, and there is just 1 map (so far) after and it will be the same. People may like it but not my cup of tea.

I hear ya, but you can't compare the boat map to the Paris map.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is it true you need to have online to play this game?

You can play offline.

A couple of features are not available if you play offline though. It also seems like you can't load autosaves when you are offline. So you have to make sure you save manually whenever you are offline.

Also, if you are online and it suddenly disconnects you from the servers while you are playing, you get kicked to the menu.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Roughly, how long is this game/episode. Is it more than 2 hours?

if you do one playthrough, probably 2-3 hours

if you are an enthusiast who enjoys experimenting, trying out new things, beating challenges etc, it can easily last up to like 10-15 hours

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00