HFWF OT 3 -- "you can't even read!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Lol **** math. I loved math in high school, but I took it like a few years later in uni and I was so lost. Ended up withdrawing.

Needed a science course still so I took horticulture (botany). Learning about plants is about as exciting as it sounds.

Sounds exciting to me. I loved my science classes. Actually if I could do it all over again and start from scratch I'd get a degree in one of the sciences.

My loan consolidation finally went through and my income based repayment came in at $252 a month. Then in 10 years the rest is forgiven since I work for a non profit and did Public service forgiveness.

That means I'll be paying $30,000 and having $70,000 forgiven. This is under the assumption Trump and Devos don't **** me in the ass.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Science wasn't too bad for me.

Took like 3 science classes. Environmental science (intro was solid since i had a good prof but the environmental issues class i took to fill my requirement put me into a coma) and planetary geology.

If i could just take like 90 credits worth of history, i would. Love it so much and i feel like i actually learned something.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Took like 3 science classes. Environmental science (intro was solid since i had a good prof but the environmental issues class i took to fill my requirement put me into a coma) and planetary geology.

If i could just take like 90 credits worth of history, i would. Love it so much and i feel like i actually learned something.

Yeah that's the problem, I like school too much. I would want to take all the history, all the sciences, etc. I was going to go to grad school for library science but decided to do public administration with a focus in public policy instead. Just after research I couldnt bring myself to spend the $ to do library science because jobs to get are so damn difficult. Librarians once hired, stay there until like they are 100 years old, there are no job openings. On the flip side, its heavy on research so you DON'T have to work at a library per se, you can work in any research field.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I screwed around in high school and regret it so much. I was so convinced wrestling was the only thing for me that I didn't take it too seriously and regret it. I wish if I could do it over I'd have taken all my sciences and maths to either take business in university in a different concentration, or taken something science based so I could be in the medical field.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I pissed around so much in high school, still ended up with great grades probably by accident :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

Man, I love history too. But I found a couple classes I took in 3rd and 4th year to be kind of difficult without much background knowledge.

I wish I had just gone into trades tbh

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I love history too but upper division was hard when I took those for my Minor. That said, one of the Profs had the most demanding course-loads I'd ever seen in a History course, and the other one I had issues with was a look at food over time. Obviously it's a lot easier when you're just focusing on one or two particular parts in time versus flying all over the place.

Too bad they don't let you focus on military history...I'd be all over that. :s

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Lol **** math. I loved math in high school, but I took it like a few years later in uni and I was so lost. Ended up withdrawing.

Needed a science course still so I took horticulture (botany). Learning about plants is about as exciting as it sounds.

For very petty reasons, I am very happy to hear this :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My college marks are the reason I wish I didn't **** around in high school. My marks are high af with minimal studying, just less ****ing around.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
My college marks are the reason I wish I didn't **** around in high school. My marks are high af with minimal studying, just less ****ing around.

Same here. I was upper-average in high school (low 80s) and have been killing it ever since. I was even over 4.00 GPA when I dropped my pHD. 3.67 for my MA. Currently over 3.60 for my MBA.

.... yes I have way too many diplomas.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wanted to get an MBA but the idea of sitting at a desk doesn't appeal to me too much, even if it would mean a nice pay check lol

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Not sure I follow.

Let's just say it involves an ex deciding not to follow a certain career path and deciding to want to do horticulture because she thought she was very naturey and whatnot
And because I'm still a bitter man about how things ended up, I am hopeful in that it was extremely boring

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Let's just say it involves an ex deciding not to follow a certain career path and deciding to want to do horticulture because she thought she was very naturey and whatnot
And because I'm still a bitter man about how things ended up, I am hopeful in that it was extremely boring
Ha, it probably wasn't boring for her, sorry to say. I found it boring as ****. But my class was full of girls in the program who were like all curious and loving of plants and their roots and their stems and the water amount they get and all that lame stuff.

Was so happy when I calculated that I only needed like 18% on the final.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Ha, it probably wasn't boring for her, sorry to say. I found it boring as ****. But my class was full of girls in the program who were like all curious and loving of plants and their roots and their stems and the water amount they get and all that lame stuff.

Was so happy when I calculated that I only needed like 18% on the final.

Yeah, that honestly doesn't sound like her cup of tea to be honest
So there is hope yet

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I went to see War for the Planet of the Apes today. Pretty decent end to the trilogy. It was just too cheesy and predictable sometimes. There was a couple times where I closed my eyes and did not want to open them again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad