GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I just can't fathom keeping Ross Colton for 4M beyond this season. You can't match him up against the other team's best because he stinks defensively and has poor IQ. He doesn't kill penalties and Bednar even sends him to serve delay of game minors. He doesn't play PP because the top guys play so long on PP1.
Most of all, he injures his own teammates!!! WTF did he do to Kivi tonight? After Girard and Parise already, and who knows who else. Sheesh.

Reactions: Alienblood

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Watch the play and tell me who you think was responsible for that goal? The guy standing there and tapped it in? Or the one that skated through 2 players, deked a 3rd and got the shot off that got the goalie out of position?
I haven't argued that MacK didn't create the goal. Rantanen doesn't score we put it on Rantanen. Rantanen does score, he didn't score well enough.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't care that he scored, he played like horseshit.

Facts are facts a tap in goal generated completely by another player doesn't change how poorly he played.
I know. But then why is no one else scoring?

The worst part of this all is the Avs just absolutely wasted two mildly above average efforts from Georgiev. What a travesty.
The worst part of that worst part is the effort wasn't above average, it was bad and he was much worse than the other goalie.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
At least in that timeframe he's got 12 assists. That's a 54 point pace which is basically what he's been the last two seasons. He also does play fantastic defensive hockey.

I just can't fathom keeping Ross Colton for 4M beyond this season. You can't match him up against the other team's best because he stinks defensively and has poor IQ. He doesn't kill penalties and Bednar even sends him to serve delay of game minors. He doesn't play PP because the top guys play so long on PP1.

If you want a 13 minute center who plays exclusively even strength go find one in UFA for 1-2M cheaper than Colton.
Colton isn't even really a Center. 4 mil for a converted hopeful to be center

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Watch the play and tell me who you think was responsible for that goal? The guy standing there and tapped it in? Or the one that skated through 2 players, deked a 3rd and got the shot off that got the goalie out of position?
See, I'm wondering if this is a thing. Is there a rift? Mikko is scoring mucho points but not hardly doing anything else ... it's always been that way a bit, but not last season of course, but this one ... eek. But he also seems to be super crabby, just his personality (cue Finnish jokes), I don't know, if we all notice it, his laziness must annoy his teammates even more?

Blah blah blabber blah I have no clue but thinking out loud and nodding at Ismo. Mikko has been such an enigma to me. He is impossible to figure out. I keep trying.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Oh, he heard it.

I understand that Bednar wants Mack and Rants to figure it out together but he's up against the wall now.

He's going to have to play Mack with Nuke and Lehks and put Rants with Mitts. Give Mack the two best 2-way wingers and forecheckers.

Reactions: katfude

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't care that he scored, he played like horseshit.

Facts are facts a tap in goal generated completely by another player doesn't change how poorly he played.
I mean I'm not going to give Mikko credit for a good game because he obviously was quite bad but that goal doesn't happen if Mikko doesn't go to the net hard and take a Star with him. Look at where MacKinnon's shot is going. Well wide of the net.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I know. But then why is no one else scoring?

The worst part of that worst part is the effort wasn't above average, it was bad and he was much worse than the other goalie.

When I say above average, I mean..in relation to his other efforts. Not to other goalies. Everyone knows he’s a shit goalie.

Reactions: UncleRisto

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I haven't argued that MacK created the goal. Rantanen doesn't score we put it on Rantanen. Rantanen does score, he didn't score well enough.
If he scored a goal by whizzing it by the goal tender, or got an assist by making a great pass, we would only be bitching about his effort, but at least he'd still be contributing. Tapping in that goal doesn't mean shit when you just put out that type of effort. Unless he's injured, there's no excuse for him to be this lazy. He's not skating, hitting or hustling for anything. He hasn't been great in these playoffs, but tonight he was a complete liability. That's not normal for him. He's been off all season, but tonight he was extra shitty. We can't afford for our top line winger to be killing plays like he has. I have no doubt in my mind that a good amount of MacK's frustration is coming from Mikko right now. He's actively hurting his team and the coach still won't split them up.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
See, I'm wondering if this is a thing. Is there a rift? Mikko is scoring mucho points but not hardly doing anything else ... it's always been that way a bit, but not last season of course, but this one ... eek. But he also seems to be super crabby, just his personality (cue Finnish jokes), I don't know, if we all notice it, his laziness must annoy his teammates even more?

Blah blah blabber blah I have no clue but thinking out loud and nodding at Ismo. Mikko has been such an enigma to me. He is impossible to figure out. I keep trying.
Ya telling his goalie "shut the f*** up. I'll f***ing kill you" may not be the most mentally stable thing in the world.

If he played on a Canadian team and they caught that on camera it would have been a media fiasco.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I really hope there's some excuse we find out about at the end of the season for Mikko's play this year. I just don't know what happened to him.

Reactions: SB

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We’re just missing Landy big time. He’s made for games like this against teams like Dallas. At least losing Landy came with winning the cup

Reactions: Alienblood

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I’m more pissed at the top players for the PPs than anything else. Those were squandered opportunities. They did create some chances at 5v5.

I think the Stars did a pretty good job of preventing MacKinnon from getting the puck, which led to the other four players just repeatedly turning it over on the PP. Then MacKinnon prevented himself from getting the puck when he just went and sat on the bench 30 seconds in.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Ya telling his goalie "shut the f*** up. I'll f***ing kill you" may not be the most mentally stable thing in the world.

If he played on a Canadian team and they caught that on camera it would have been a media fiasco.
Well, I guess we will actually know when it's time to put up or shut up as his contract comes up ....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad