Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Until he is gone it should be pinned to the front page.

should be stickied to the top of the first page for sure.

I just don't get why MGMT is letting this linger on, it makes no sense, Q is toast move on already and start the healing process from the damage that Q has caused

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I don't really follow the media, but know Chicago sports media is embarrassingly sycophantic. Have there been any criticism of Q or anyone else in the organization this season? Or is the Pravda style the way to go?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Q said he was very disappointed by that 4-0 loss to Detroit ...that none of his team competed ...But how can the Country Club coach who so trusts his player's ...especially the core leaders to flip that switch on when required,be so angry when it is hisctolerancevofvtheir taking the complacency route so often both IN GAME for parts of games , for long stretches of a season, and now in tge key signature statement game of the season. ..the one just before the by we. .where they go out like they just wanted to be on the beach already instead of realizing every preciiusbpoint matters ..to instead of setting the tone of compete all the way from here through game 82, they instead indicate they are prepared to mail more in?

Q tolerated their lethargy far too long this season already. .he is non-punishmentbof of slacker "leaders" set the tone for continuing lazy habits that I believe led to the total mail in vs. Detroit I that Getaway game..They wanted Getaway more than play that game..It is an indictment of the leaders. ..an indictment of the players. .but more than anything an Indictment of Q ...it was the culmination of a festering attitude problem on this team...With vet "stars" thinking no sweat is called for ..and with a win if we manage to but otherwise take what cones and ve happy atmosphere pervading the club. THE vet leaders convinced themselves they still can flip the old switch at any time to save the day or season ...so they fool themselves they can simply "save them elves forbplayoffs"...but now ..they are I a pickle. ..may be no playoffs for them...so no switch to flip then..Q has tolerated too mich sloppy lazy play this season..now it has shown up to put them on this bind.Well they had better be saving themselves to show us their resolve in these final 37 games....but :

We all know game 46 will be another bliss as they toss us the "rusty from too many days off " excuse.

So we actually have only 36 games remaining to get 45 or 46 more points from the 37 ganes remaining..Because first game back is almost a certain loss.

45 orc46 more points from 36 games?For this COUNTRY CLUB team?Not gonna happen.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q said he was very disappointed by that 4-0 loss to Detroit ...that none of his team competed ...But how can the Country Club coach who so trusts his player's ...especially the core leaders to flip that switch on when required,be so angry when it is hisctolerancevofvtheir taking the complacency route so often both IN GAME for parts of games , for long stretches of a season, and now in tge key signature statement game of the season. ..the one just before the by we. .where they go out like they just wanted to be on the beach already instead of realizing every preciiusbpoint matters ..to instead of setting the tone of compete all the way from here through game 82, they instead indicate they are prepared to mail more in?

Q tolerated their lethargy far too long this season already. .he is non-punishmentbof of slacker "leaders" set the tone for continuing lazy habits that I believe led to the total mail in vs. Detroit I that Getaway game..They wanted Getaway more than play that game..It is an indictment of the leaders. ..an indictment of the players. .but more than anything an Indictment of Q ...it was the culmination of a festering attitude problem on this team...With vet "stars" thinking no sweat is called for ..and with a win if we manage to but otherwise take what cones and ve happy atmosphere pervading the club. THE vet leaders convinced themselves they still can flip the old switch at any time to save the day or season ...so they fool themselves they can simply "save them elves forbplayoffs"...but now ..they are I a pickle. ..may be no playoffs for them...so no switch to flip then..Q has tolerated too mich sloppy lazy play this season..now it has shown up to put them on this bind.Well they had better be saving themselves to show us their resolve in these final 37 games....but :

We all know game 46 will be another bliss as they toss us the "rusty from too many days off " excuse.

So we actually have only 36 games remaining to get 45 or 46 more points from the 37 ganes remaining..Because first game back is almost a certain loss.

45 orc46 more points from 36 games?For this COUNTRY CLUB team?Not gonna happen.

For those who care to read. My take on pre-season questions revisited:

Chicago Blackhawks’ Preseason Questions Revisited On Bye Week

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Sorry guys but quenneville does not suck. The numbers dont lie. they cant lie. you are all pea brains.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i have been preaching this, it is time for many changes. but since the org is not going to do the important one now, then it is best to change the game plan and esp in the "country club" approach. they did it once where Q had a intense practice. well instead of one intense practice, do regular practices and working a new game plan.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
To be clear, I am all for firing Q but there has to be a better option if you are going to do so.

I wish he would just evolve like he did when he joined the Hawks.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Coach Q is not getting nearly the best out of his players because he pampers the core and is too hard on the rookies. I doubt that the players have much of any respect for him anymore. Coaching change needs to come first to see what a new coach can do with the team and then you look at what areas on the team need improvement. I am convinced that this team as it is now can play far better than what they have been. We have seen this in a few games but not many. I always liked Coach Q but he is not the type of coach you need when re-tolling a team with a lot of rookies. A positive atmosphere is most necessary for a rookies to grow and establish themselves. When is the last time we ever saw a positive atmosphere with this team and management? What I see is a lot of poor management from both Bowman and Q but mostly from Q. A complete re-haul of management may be the only true answer that will right the ship and help re-tool a winning team.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

Sorry guys but quenneville does not suck. The numbers dont lie. they cant lie. you are all pea brains.

Your link is Adobe Flash, which sux as much as Quenneville, except that's in digital media circles.

Last edited:

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I don't really follow the media, but know Chicago sports media is embarrassingly sycophantic. Have there been any criticism of Q or anyone else in the organization this season? Or is the Pravda style the way to go?

There's been some pointed questions asked, in a respectful way, such as regarding Seabrook's benching. Of course, my expection is set really low, seeing how long the Chicago media played "nice" with the perennial trainwreck that's the Chicago Bears (Dick Jauron/John Shoop, Lovie Smith/Rex Grossman, et al. :facepalm:)

Reactions: Spectra

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
From what I can gather lines will be:

Cat-Toews-Duke
AA-Schmaltz-Kane
Bouma-Wingles-Saad
Hino-Kampf-Jurco

Glass starting

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Things are getting real bizarre with Q's decision making. (I mean well beyond the realm of his usual stuff)

I think he sees the writing on the wall or wants out and a fresh start somewhere else. Something just seems very off with the culture. It's almost like the vet core is trolling Q and Q is trolling Bowman.

Both the team/organization and Q need a clean break from each other.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why watch a team that obviously doesn't give a shit about winning? All you are doing is supporting a losing culture. It's one thing if they are trying to get better, but keeping Q next season tells me one of two things.

1) They don't really care about winning, and care more about the perception of "firing a legend".
2) They really think Q is doing a good job. In which case, they are incompetent, and also don't deserve my support.

Chicago fans are, for the most part, naive and ignorant. They continue to support incompetent, losing franchises, by going to games and buying merchandise. Which only perpetuates the problem...

Fans only have one way to send a message to the management and ownership of a sports team. Don't go to games, and don't watch on TV.

I'll just do what I did back in the dark days of the Blackhawks. Watch the other 20 or so exciting teams.

This team right now doesn't care, and it's obvious. Why the hell should I? Because it makes me a "real fan"? What a joke.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I mean, if you only support a team because it's winning, that makes you a bandwagon fan. It's silly to think the Hawks aren't trying to win, keep repeating it, it just makes you look silly.

It's one thing to not support a team because management doesn't want to pay star players, it's stupid to not support them because their players are declining and the rest of the league has passed them by.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Where, exactly, did I say that? Read the post. Then try to comprehend what you have read. Winning and losing is a very small part of it.

What's stupid, is to support a team when their management is incompetent. Like the Bulls, and Bears. And the Hawks, if they bring Q back next season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where, exactly, did I say that? Read the post. Then try to comprehend what you have read. Winning and losing is a very small part of it.

What's stupid, is to support a team when their management is incompetent. Like the Bulls, and Bears. And the Hawks, if they bring Q back next season.
Being incompetent is also not a reason to not watch a team you support. Because being competent means you are most likely doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad