Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Where, exactly, did I say that? Read the post. Then try to comprehend what you have read. Winning and losing is a very small part of it.

What's stupid, is to support a team when their management is incompetent. Like the Bulls, and Bears. And the Hawks, if they bring Q back next season.
i have always looked at it as this, we support the team inspite of those incompetent management group.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, there is only one reason I won't support or watch my favourite hockey team. And that is if they trade their all star players to save money, and/or stop putting the games on TV.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lol.

Whatever makes you feel good.

Sports is entertainment. Like any entertainment, when it stops being entertaining, what the hell is the point of watching? I don't watch a shitty movie just because my favorite actor or actress is in it.

I've turned off more games this season than I have since probably 2006. This team sucks. They are not entertaining to watch. They are frustrating more than anything, as it is obvious they are not putting in 100% effort. They don't care enough to give it their all, so why the hell should I care?

I will never understand the irrational loyalty fans have towards their team. It's a one-way street. The organization doesn't give a shit about you. The players don't give a shit about you. It's a business. Period. When a business sucks, you have to let that business know. Or they will continue to suck.

Reactions: LDF

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think you are unclear on the definition of "fact".

Phrases like "die hard fans", "real fans", and "less of a fan" are made up by those who have to justify dedicating more time and money than they should to a sports organization. There's not a scale to "fandom".

I've always been a Chicago fan. I still follow the teams. I just choose not to spend time and money on an incompetent organization. When the teams are entertaining, I will watch them, I will go to games. When they're not? I don't. Why? Because I am not an enabler. Most sports teams really don't care about winning as long as fans are still filling the seats and watching the games... The examples of this are endless....especially in this city. You're not a "better fan" because you keep giving the team money even when they suck. You are gullible.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not trying to justify anything. Fans who watch through the good and bad times are better/bigger fans than those who don't. That is a fact.

Reactions: dk2k

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
bottom line is Hawks fans are spoiled, and this board proves it every damn day!!!

I keep saying it, but go talk to Blues fans about having our problems...or Stars fans....or Jets fans...or Wild fans...or you get the point...

what team has won more Stanley Cups than we have since 2010?? I will await this massive list of teams that has had life so much better than we have............and go....

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Of course we are spoiled. Very few teams in any sport will win 3 championships in a lifetime. Let alone three in a decade.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here's the logic. I love my kids. I will always love my kids. But when they make mistakes or misbehave, I do not reward them. If they don't do their chores, they don't get their allowance anyway... I don't ignore those mistakes or misbehavior. The mistakes are pointed out, the misbehavior is corrected. They do their chores, or don't get money. I'll leave it to you to correlate the two.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Here's the logic. I love my kids. I will always love my kids. But when they make mistakes or misbehave, I do not reward them. If they don't do their chores, they don't get their allowance anyway... I don't ignore those mistakes or misbehavior. The mistakes are pointed out, the misbehavior is corrected. They do their chores, or don't get money. I'll leave it to you to correlate the two.
oG9xw_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: RayP

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's called reinforcing negative behavior.

Hey, if people want to continue to give their hard earned money, or devote their valuable time to a sports team that sucks, and isn't making every effort they can to improve, have at it! Just don't be surprised when that team continues to suck... And don't come out and claim to somehow be a better fan because of it.

There are actually studies out there in regards to the psychology of a sports fan, and the various methods teams employ to increase psychological commitment, attitudinal loyalty, and behavioral loyalty... That you are somehow a "better fan" for sticking with a loser is exactly what the team wants you to think. :laugh:

You think the players do these fan events with their very limited free time during the season because they want to? :laugh:

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's called reinforcing negative behavior.

Hey, if people want to continue to give their hard earned money, or devote their valuable time to a sports team that sucks, and isn't making every effort they can to improve, have at it! Just don't be surprised when that team continues to suck... And don't come out and claim to somehow be a better fan because of it.

There are actually studies out there in regards to the psychology of a sports fan, and the various methods teams employ to increase psychological commitment, attitudinal loyalty, and behavioral loyalty... That you are somehow a "better fan" for sticking with a loser is exactly what the team wants you to think. :laugh:

You think the players do these fan events with their very limited free time during the season because they want to? :laugh:
is there a study of fans who just like to go out there to support their club, enjoy watching the hockey game.

why is it that some want some justification of success to go ??

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It kind of depends upon how much a particular fan's identity is caught up with said team.
Sports are entertainment yes but they are also a venue for belonging to a tribe and to a successful tribe that competes well against other tribes. I'm sure it's in the psychology of the human being to ensure survival that has them ultimately follow said team.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
is there a study of fans who just like to go out there to support their club, enjoy watching the hockey game.

why is it that some want some justification of success to go ??

Because it's competitive sports.

Insert Lee Elia.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
a point can be made on both sides. those who says one is not a fan if they don't go to games..... what happen if that person has a financial restriction, does that skewed that reasoning ??

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If you don't want to devote much time to a bad team that's your call, but front running or being fair-weather about it is a pretty clear indicator that you're more casual than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->