Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Right, and again I find it more appalling that the coach of a supposed contender is ignorant to how awful Tanner Glass is, and how awful the Rangers are in the same stats he claimed they are favored by.

I would rather he was just lying.

Wait, so now he's not lying? You accused him of lying before. Is he lying or is he just analyzing the player's contribution in a different manner?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Wow, from some of the comments here, if I didn't know the team's record (and that the Rangers were 6th overall in goals/per game, 1st overall in goals against, 4th! overall on the powerplay and 6th on the penalty kill), I'd think the team was in the cellar and about to fire their coach. :shakehead

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Wait, so now he's not lying? You accused him of lying before. Is he lying or is he just analyzing the player's contribution in a different manner?

Here let me help you:

He lied about his tenure in the AHL, he lied about Tanner's contribution to the team in the NHL.

He will continue to lie about him, I'm sure.

He also lied about the Rangers and how the "new" statistics favor them. Total and complete ********. It's either that or delusions.

WRONG!

You put those words in my mouth. I never said he lied about Etem being sick. I believe Etem was sick, may even still be sick. However he lied, or is ignorant regarding the aforementioned statements which I did claim he is lying about.

His statements are factually incorrect.

There only two possibilities:

Lying

Ignorant

You pick the lesser of two evils and I do not really care which one you believe, but to me the latter is much more frightening although certainly more genuine than the former.

There's nothing outlandish about it. He said the stats favor the Rangers, he said Tanner Glass played well in the AHL, both are lies or ignorance. Both are unacceptable from the coach to protect bad players and bad play. :help:

Just a conspiracy though. :laugh:

Lying or ignorance.

I rest my case.

Conspiracy though.

I think we should be clear now. He either knows what he said is not true (That's called a lie.) or he is unaware of the fact what he is saying is not true. (That's ignorance.)

:teach::dunce:

I find it harder to believe he is not aware that Tanner Glass sucks, and the Rangers are not favored by the stats, than I do he is lying. All of this information is readily available.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You've harped on him lying from the beginning. You're accusing him of being a liar. Let's not try and pull the intellectually dishonest ******** that you usually go for. Insinuating that the guy is lying is pretty unbelievable. Again, it's why you were called out on it. I couldn't care less if your first post left a tiny amount of wiggle room for you to squirm with in the very last sentence (although that sentence actually only modifies the previous sentence since it's in a new paragraph which goes back to my point that you have called him an outright liar since that first post).

The charade is cute, though. I have to admit that I am highly entertained by the squirming to try and get around being called out for believing in conspiracy theories.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Enough with the conspiracy theory talk. We can debate the point without turning this into the moon landing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
You've harped on him lying from the beginning. You're accusing him of being a liar. Let's not try and pull the intellectually dishonest ******** that you usually go for. Insinuating that the guy is lying is pretty unbelievable. Again, it's why you were called out on it. I couldn't care less if your first post left a tiny amount of wiggle room for you to squirm with in the very last sentence (although that sentence actually only modifies the previous sentence since it's in a new paragraph which goes back to my point that you have called him an outright liar since that first post).

The charade is cute, though. I have to admit that I am highly entertained by the squirming to try and get around being called out for believing in conspiracy theories.

Yes, we get it, you are aghast I think it is possible he might actually be lying. I'm sure AV has never lied to the media about team decisions. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Enough with the conspiracy theory talk. We can debate the point without turning this into the moon landing.

Hey, if we can also end the unfounded and absurd accusations of AV outright lying I'm all for that. Unless someone is posting a link backing up him actually being a liar, that's absurd to even talk about on this board.

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hey, if we can also end the unfounded and absurd accusations of AV outright lying I'm all for that. Unless someone is posting a link backing up him actually being a liar, that's absurd to even talk about on this board.

He did say something untrue, so...

Some call it coach speak. Some call it lying. It's not a conspiracy theory.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
He said the Rangers were at the top of the league in analytics when they are at the bottom. He may not be a liar, but that was a lie or a mistake. Not much to argue past that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guys, again, talk about AV or Glass. Fine.

No tinfoil hats, no 9/11, no JFK, no conspiracy theories.

Last warning.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

It was Tanner Glass. With the rope. In the library.

Tanner Glass. Tanner Glass. What is Tanner Glass - really - about as a hockey player? Well, lets look at his name. Tan-ner G-lass.

jon-stewart-channels-glenn-beck-2010-0318.png

Tan, tan people. People that are tan are usually from warm places, like the desert. People in deserts generally don't play much ice hockey. Hmmm... Lets look at the rest of his name; Glass, lass. Lass? Lass can be short for Lassie, you know who a famous Lassie was? A dog. A dog from a desert? Well, so far his name suggests he's a dog from a desert, but what's left? What haven't we used yet? Maybe that can help us truly understand Tanner Glass as a hockey player. Nerg. NERG. Urban Dictionary suggests that nerg can mean a word that expresses frustration, like a sigh.

Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!
anigif_enhanced-4434-1438866063-3.gif

Tanner Glass's play creates expressions of frustration from the fanbase, like a sigh, because he plays like a dog from the desert!

^I'm sorry for this. But actually, I think it makes more sense than anything AV has ever said about old Tanner.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
IDK we need to do something. I just don't see the level or urgency or frustration of knowing that in case you hadn't noticed people... TANNER GLASS is in the lineup. He who wasn't supposed to be named again. He with the bad contract who was put to pasture in Hartford. Who is worse than any player who ever played for the Rangers. Worse than Redden even. That guy is on the team right now. He somehow managed to get back on the team with his ugly play and even worse cap hit when we are playing like ****. WHY?! WHY!! WHY!!! WHY!!!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

This cannot be happening to us. NO! DEAR GOD! NO!

Why is this happening to us?

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE REASON! I am dead serious. I just don't see the outrage. People are like oh whatever. Yeah he sucks but what are you gonna do. NO! NO! We need to organize. We need to start a petition. We need to do something! I can't watch another game with this guy in it. I mean what is AV ****ing thinking at all? Is he even thinking? Why would he do this why is he trying to insult us? WHY?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
IDK we need to do something. I just don't see the level or urgency or frustration of knowing that in case you hadn't noticed people... TANNER GLASS is in the lineup. He who wasn't supposed to be named again. He with the bad contract who was put to pasture in Hartford. Who is worse than any player who ever played for the Rangers. Worse than Redden even. That guy is on the team right now. He somehow managed to get back on the team with his ugly play and even worse cap hit when we are playing like ****. WHY?! WHY!! WHY!!! WHY!!!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

This cannot be happening to us. NO! DEAR GOD! NO!

Why is this happening to us?

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE REASON! I am dead serious. I just don't see the outrage. People are like oh whatever. Yeah he sucks but what are you gonna do. NO! NO! We need to organize. We need to start a petition. We need to do something! I can't watch another game with this guy in it. I mean what is AV ****ing thinking at all? Is he even thinking? Why would he do this why is he trying to insult us? WHY?

Good stuff. It's depressing when they show his face on TV during stoppages. And then to hear Sam and Joe go on about his effort, character, teammatey-ness, etc.

I wish AV would level with us, why is he doing this. People pay good money to watch this team. Can't we see the best hockey possible?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's a game.

Fact is this team has much, much larger problems than Glass right now. Complaining about about the rain while the ship is sinking.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
What a snipe tonight looks like a 30 goal scorer to me....

im kidding Tanner you still suck

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Not a night to be giving Tanner a hard time. He had a good 1st period and sparked the rally in the 3rd with his goal. For at least one night, we should leave him be, lol.

Glass played 11 minutes and was on for 3 goals against.

"Tanner Glass? He's a minor concern!"

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I hate glass and his game but still have to be honest, Glass has been a totally acceptable 4th liner since his recall. Wtf?

If he played like this all last seasons, nobody would hate him.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I hate glass and his game but still have to be honest, Glass has been a totally acceptable 4th liner since his recall. Wtf?

If he played like this all last seasons, nobody would hate him.

agree. He isnt the problem. Girardi and Boyle are. Staal right behind them.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
1 win and 5 losses since he was recalled. His locker room presence is certainly having an impact on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad