Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@NYRangers goalie Mackenzie Skapski was born the day after (June 15) NYR won the Stanley Cup in '94.

Anyone else feel old now? Haha...

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
One more thing to thank McDonagh for this season. I know it wasnt intentional, but wow, McDonagh is batting 1.000 this season.

And I mean that honestly. He is, whether fans want to admit it, partly to blame for our number one goaltender being out come playoff push, in one of our biggest games of the years against the Bs.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
One more thing to thank McDonagh for this season. I know it wasnt intentional, but wow, McDonagh is batting 1.000 this season.

And I mean that honestly. He is, whether fans want to admit it, partly to blame for our number one goaltender being out come playoff push, in one of our biggest games of the years against the Bs.

McDonagh isn't to blame unless he did it intentionally, and he did not. Lets be real here man...

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
McDonagh isn't to blame unless he did it intentionally, and he did not. Lets be real here man...

I know it wasnt intentional. But it was his stick that lifted his mask/neck protector.

Im just saying, 14-15, McDonagh isnt doing anything right. It was a careless mistake that cost Lundqvist a shot to the throat.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I've heard (am no expert) that goalie masks are also designed to deflect pucks away when hit in the front area like that, so you're not getting the full force of a shot on the mask. Richter got hit in the side of the head which isn't designed to handle that

At any rate, not good to hear what MacKenzie has to say but I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Richter wasn't hit on the side of the head.

The puck took a nice chunk of paint off lady liberty on his mask.

SLE17

Dec 21, 2011
NJ
Don't think we could have gotten much better follow up information than day-to-day! I think he plays vs Preds.

In my opinion there were lingering symptoms of some sort which medical staff wanted to get checked out further but additional testing today did not revealed anything worrisome.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Maybe Skapski gets in the game at some point tonight and goes on to become the next Ken Dryden or Patrick Roy and leads us to the Stanley Cup.....nah ,LOL....that only happens with the Habs . Oh well....one can dream a little haha....hope Hank is OK and he is back after a couple of games . :nod:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Maybe Skapski gets in the game at some point tonight and goes on to become the next Ken Dryden or Patrick Roy and leads us to the Stanley Cup.....nah ,LOL....that only happens with the Habs . Oh well....one can dream a little haha....hope Hank is OK and he is back after a couple of games . :nod:

I know. When will the Rangers pick a goaltender that no expects a lot from, and then that said goaltender fills in one day that starts the path to becoming the franchise leader?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
On one hand, the subtle wording of some of those tweets is somewhat worrying. On the other hand, these people largely make a living by writing tweets and articles that garner attention.

Kind of hard to tell what to make of this.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So word around the room is they are "CONCERNED" but yet they say its "Day to Day"....? yea, i am thinking this could be more like week to week but i hope im wrong.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Gary Warwick, famous goalie mask maker, (he's done countless masks for NHL's and goalies everywhere, Ryan Miller, Nabokov, Turco, to name a few) told me when he was doing my mask that Richter's injury was directly due to the fact that his terrible Bauer mask was a stock shell that wasn't corrected moulded to his head, and had a severe lack of padding. It basically fit 'loose', so when the puck struck it, it actually caused a much more significant impact with his skull, than it would have if it fit tight with thick foam (like all current masks do)

Gary was the one who made Richter's new mask when he attempted his come back, but once he took the knee to the head and got another concussion, he knew that was it.

If Richter had a mask that fit properly, and was padded correctly, he would have played many more years. Crazy to think.

I've only needed to own one of his masks for the last 18 years... Best mask in the business!

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Scratch Moore and call up McIlrath to let McDonagh know what the deal is when you mess with Hank!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think anyone reading anything into any of the language being used is being ridiculous. That goes equally for those being pessimistic as those being optimistic.

The statements and tweets are nothing but ambiguous.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Lundqvist has been suffering “intermittent” headaches since Saturday but they are not concussion related. (NY Post)

Ok now im in full panic mode. Head Aches? They can try and sugar coat it ALL they want but you dont get ****ing head aches unless you have a concussion or something seriously wrong. This day to day injury could quickly turn into week to week.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
I get headaches fairly often, then again I probably do have something seriously wrong with me, or I'm just a Rangers fan.

BarbaraAlphanse

Ok now im in full panic mode. Head Aches? They can try and sugar coat it ALL they want but you dont get ****ing head aches unless you have a concussion or something seriously wrong. This day to day injury could quickly turn into week to week.

Throat, nasals, head... all somewhat connected.

Lack of oxygen can create headaches. Additionally, it could be something completely unrelated by coming about as a bi-product. If Hanky has some sort of supplement daily that requires chewing and he elected not to eat/ingest it in order to avoid the pain in his throat, the withrdrawal can easily cause headaches, too.

Don't believe me, drink coffee for two weeks straight and then go two days in a row without having a cup. Voila, a headache.

Pre-work outs can do that too if you suddenly stop. My point isn't to say that this is what is causing the headaches... just another possibility that isn't tied to a concussion.

Finally, possibly much scarier than concussion, something to do w/ an artery. A lot of arteries in the neck. If the puck caused one of them to constrain... that's bloodflow that's being constrained... hence, lightheadedness and likely headaches.

So many possibility that can cause headaches directly because of getting hit to the throat. Doesn't mean concussion.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
My goodness larry brooks going into panic mode implying sather may look into trading for addition Veteran goalie help possibly using jt miller as trade bait ! In no way do I want to see that happen unless hank is out for the year

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My goodness larry brooks going into panic mode implying sather may look into trading for addition Veteran goalie help possibly using jt miller as trade bait ! In no way do I want to see that happen unless hank is out for the year

...well we really dont know how serious the injury really is so that isnt a far fetched comment.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Richter wasn't hit on the side of the head.

The puck took a nice chunk of paint off lady liberty on his mask.

Not accurate whatsoever. Richter turned his head toward Chris Tamer's shot and the puck hit the side of his mask near his ear. His skull fracture was above his ear, and produced a significant concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad