Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, nothing crazy bad. Most likely a DTD injury with a stiff neck...

Some chiropractics and massage therapy and he'll be good to go in about 5-6 days

hell no keep chiropractors away from him especially his neck. They have literally killed people doing neck "manipulations" before.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yep I'm going to go with this...

I know my body personally takes 3 days to feel the pain from a big sting...

For instance, I got flipped over someones legs yesterday playing hockey. Neck felt absolutely fine, felt kind of stiff this morning. Tomorrow it will feel worse, and the following day it will be hell. After that, I'll be good to go.

The only thing that gets me is I'm wondering if it's a hairline fracture in his jaw... that would suck

Possibly, even tho there was no contact with his actual jaw. Much more of the larynx/esophageal area.

Hank-puck-throat-tease.jpg

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Ironically I suffered a bruised jaw last weekend, took until today for all the pain and swelling to subside. Felt like I had dislocated it, pain was that bad when I moved it. Feels great today.

'Take two and call me in the mornin' situation, hopefully.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Just when we had a chance to take over the division.. I'm really starting to hate McDonagh.. He is more of a liability than Glass at this point.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just when we had a chance to take over the division.. I'm really starting to hate McDonagh.. He is more of a liability than Glass at this point.

Let's not go insane here. I am not particularly thrilled with his play, but it was a freak accident and he isn't to blame.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The issue now is if Talbot can handle the upcoming madness. 12 in 21.

Henrik needs to rest. He'll never admit it but sometimes these events help.

Talbot can most definitely handle it. He's a great athlete who is young, well prepared, and rested.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
hell no keep chiropractors away from him especially his neck. They have literally killed people doing neck "manipulations" before.

I'm not even sure I can take this post seriously--have you actually dealt with Chiropractics before?

I've been going since I have been born. Athletes commonly have chiropractics applied to their bodies. It's very common in sports

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Hopefully this is one of those things where Hank tried to play and while he played well on Saturday... maybe he had trouble keeping his breath or it swelled up more and it uncomfortable.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't know, AV usually says when something isn't a concern.

Concern about him being out a while, “we don’t know yet, we will know later on today.”

Not a promising response.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He was probably ok to play for the rest of the FLA game. He probably woke up the next morning with a bruised and swollen neck. Give him some time off. Give Cam the bruins and hope he's ready to go for the preds. Maybe give him a week off. Cam plays 3/4 games and he returns for or after the leafs game. Cam was going to play a bit this month anyway, we all knew it with the hectic schedule.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
All the best to Hank for a speedy recovery, hopefully its a minor thing. Fortunately for us, we have a very good backup :)

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It's not worth speculating really, but you have to imagine that he has some discomfort that has got the medical staff concerned. Would they do an MRI to check for structural damage to those neck tubes (technical term), or is it something a doctor can feel manually?

It's interesting that people who saw him at Steiner last night say he looked fine. You'd think his whole neck would be pretty bruised after that.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It's not worth speculating really, but you have to imagine that he has some discomfort that has got the medical staff concerned. Would they do an MRI to check for structural damage to those neck tubes (technical term), or is it something a doctor can feel manually?

It's interesting that people who saw him at Steiner last night say he looked fine. You'd think his whole neck would be pretty bruised after that.

He looked and sounded fine, he spoke for a full hour. It must be something that the medical staff noticed. Rangers medical staff are top notch, and with a player as important as Hank, nothing was spared I'm sure.

AV said: "We found out about it last night."

That is the only thing that has be slightly worried. If Hank was sore, he would be playing. This sounds like something else.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ribeiro cracked a piece of cartilage in his throat several years back (from a high stick by Chris Higgins in his Ranger days no less). He missed a month because of that and it's what I'd be most concerned about in this situation.

Sounds like it affected him pretty immediately though. He couldn't fly back and had to go to the hospital that night. His breathing was constricted to 30 percent of normal and they had to do a tracheotomy on him.

Given that Lundqvist played a few days later and has generally been doing alright I'd guess it's not the same kind of situation

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Tread lightly on the speculation of Lundqvists injury guys and gals. There is a fine line drawn on what is allowed. Just a reminder. :)

With that being said, I hope it is nothing serious. What does scare me its that he finished the game on saturday, played on monday and, was at the event last night where multiple people say that he spoke and looked fine and now he is being held out of the game. One has to think that if they knew about these issues yesterday that he wouldn't have made the appearance.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The only thing that concerned me is the way AV spoke about it. Given several chances to make a somewhat reassuring comment. He wouldn't confirm it couldn't be serious. He wouldn't confirm it was minor.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
NHL.com is reporting headaches and light headed.. Why in the world would the highest paid player and most important player we have be doing a autograph appearance for steiner if for one second he wasn't up to par? I am sure this just didn't happen this morning. He is tough as 2 dollar steak finishing that game and playing the next but man not smart if he was out when wasn't 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad