Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Here is the full video from last nights event...it's awesome. Watch if you have a chance.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It's just a sport; I hope he is okey and it's not too serious an injury.

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
Not speculating, but everyone is obviously so focused on the puck to the neck he took against Ottawa on Saturday, does anyone think there's a chance he got hurt when he did that stupid header with the puck against Florida the other night? I absolutely cringe when he does that. I always think back to Richter.

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
So much for that stupid thought. Ugh

Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Word expected from NYR this aft on extent of Henrik Lundvist's apparent throat injury. Seemingly lots of concern. We'll see soon enough.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Word expected from NYR this aft on extent of Henrik Lundvist's apparent throat injury. Seemingly lots of concern. We'll see soon enough.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Not speculating, but everyone is obviously so focused on the puck to the neck he took against Ottawa on Saturday, does anyone think there's a chance he got hurt when he did that stupid header with the puck against Florida the other night? I absolutely cringe when he does that. I always think back to Richter.

Don't worry when he does that. Richter's injury was due to a faulty fitted mask/ and lack of padding. Plus, Hank's mask is much better built than Richter's was. Also, hit him on the side of the mask, not the top.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Henrik Lundqvist suffered a neck injury and is out on a day-to-day basis. Further updates will be provided when more info is available.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Day-to-day is good news, just want to know more. AV should update soon enough with more info...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Don't worry when he does that. Richter's injury was due to a faulty fitted mask/ and lack of padding. Plus, Hank's mask is much better built than Richter's was. Also, hit him on the side of the mask, not the top.

I've heard (am no expert) that goalie masks are also designed to deflect pucks away when hit in the front area like that, so you're not getting the full force of a shot on the mask. Richter got hit in the side of the head which isn't designed to handle that

At any rate, not good to hear what MacKenzie has to say but I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Pjosk

Dec 9, 2010
Lund
“@NYRangers: #NYR Henrik Lundqvist suffered a neck injury and is out on a day-to-day basis. Further updates will be provided when more info is available.”

tumblr_lq0a7zfg881qlq05h.gif

PHEW, thats what I wanted to see.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012

Hoping they actually have word that the injury is not severe and it's not just one of those scenarios where we don't know yet so he's day to day...

If this is true then I can actually be productive at work now

Vidic15*

Day to day is a lot better than out indefinitely. Breathe people, breathe.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
NHL.com is reporting headaches and light headed.. Why in the world would the highest paid player and most important player we have be doing a autograph appearance for steiner if for one second he wasn't up to par? I am sure this just didn't happen this morning. He is tough as 2 dollar steak finishing that game and playing the next but man not smart if he was out when wasn't 100%

Are they saying that about this current news? Cuz I remember Lundqvist himself saying he was having some headaches and being lightheaded during the actual game he got hit in the neck, but nothing really after that

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: “@NYRangers: Henrik Lundqvist suffered neck injury, out on day-to-day basis. Further updates when info available.” Good news, for now.”

^ Seems that McKenzie doesn't have inside knowledge of what it is.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I've heard (am no expert) that goalie masks are also designed to deflect pucks away when hit in the front area like that, so you're not getting the full force of a shot on the mask. Richter got hit in the side of the head which isn't designed to handle that

Gary Warwick, famous goalie mask maker, (he's done countless masks for NHL's and goalies everywhere, Ryan Miller, Nabokov, Turco, to name a few) told me when he was doing my mask that Richter's injury was directly due to the fact that his terrible Bauer mask was a stock shell that wasn't corrected moulded to his head, and had a severe lack of padding. It basically fit 'loose', so when the puck struck it, it actually caused a much more significant impact with his skull, than it would have if it fit tight with thick foam (like all current masks do)

Gary was the one who made Richter's new mask when he attempted his come back, but once he took the knee to the head and got another concussion, he knew that was it.

If Richter had a mask that fit properly, and was padded correctly, he would have played many more years. Crazy to think.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Can we say he's more of a liability than John Moore?

You can say anything you want to.

I wouldn't say that myself, because at the end of the day, as bad as McD has been this yr... leading by 1 with time running out and I looked down my bench and had to send out a Dman, I know who I'd pick between the two. But that's just me.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: “@NYRangers: Henrik Lundqvist suffered neck injury, out on day-to-day basis. Further updates when info available.†Good news, for now.â€

^ Seems that McKenzie doesn't have inside knowledge of what it is.

Don't see how you see that from that comment.

Him responding "Good news, for now" does not make me feel good at all.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Don't see how you see that from that comment.

Him responding "Good news, for now" does not make me feel good at all.

He's doing exactly what he intends to do--make you read his twitter quotes by putting unnecessary words into it.

Let's wait till later before drawing conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille