Post-Game Talk: "Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope." - Hawks 5 Jets 1

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Connor should publicly acknowledge Mo's lofty achievement!

81Hf5Rp8J2L._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

No No No, Dano gave him something similar I think and look where that got him

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Stick around you'll meet more people that think things are looking up.
Things are definitely looking up. Even if we limp into the playoffs that's something we haven't done in years. We are a young team and we won a bunch of games and have lost a lot of games and forget that winning is progress. We want it now, not have to wait.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Some of the things that were discussed ways back and ignored due to being tied 1st overall seem to be troubling the Jets now. 1st line's extremely high PDO coming down with Helleybucks performance leveling off along with Scheifs and Connors high sh%. 2nd line still not clicking, 3rd line is still the same with defensive work and all that but won't help the jets with scoring and the 4th line being figured out especially when you have to distribute Perreault elsewhere at times. Also, Chiarot might be bad but he wasn't the reason that the jets were down 3-0 early. He's the fall guy because he's some AHL call-up who can be gotten rid off easy but it won't magicly solve the jets problems.

Reactions: Ippenator

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We got beat by a good veteran team...move on.
We play another good team Sat/Sun.
I am 1.000 at Jets 2.0 games and I am going to the Sunday game.

Reactions: FFHockey and Saintb

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Some of the things that were discussed ways back and ignored due to being tied 1st overall seem to be troubling the Jets now. 1st line's extremely high PDO coming down with Helleybucks performance leveling off along with Scheifs and Connors high sh%. 2nd line still not clicking, 3rd line is still the same with defensive work and all that but won't help the jets with scoring and the 4th line being figured out especially when you have to distribute Perreault elsewhere at times. Also, Chiarot might be bad but he wasn't the reason that the jets were down 3-0 early. He's the fall guy because he's some AHL call-up who can be gotten rid off easy but it won't magicly solve the jets problems.
????

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fall to 3-5-1 in games following 2 or more days off this season. Let's call it "The Maurice Effect" - the more time he has to coach them, the worse they play. ;)

The Jets actually won the adjusted Corsi and the xGF tonight...but it was too little, too late, ultimately. Just their 2nd loss of the season when winning Corsica's xGF%.

WLOTGFGADiff
adjCF% > 5011336238+24
xGF% > 5012215526+29
adjCF% < 507624653-7
xGF% < 506745365-12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
As much as I appreciate all the little things CLT do well, they remind me too much of running on a treadmill, just a fast track to nowhere offensively. Down 4 goals there was no need to send them out so often, and even less need to keep the line together.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
As much as I appreciate all the little things CLT does well, they remind me too much of running on a treadmill, just a fast track to nowhere offensively. Down 4 goals there was no need to send them out so often, and even less need to keep the line together.
But individually do any of them have great scoring ability I mean better than Hendricks. But...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would love to see what Quenneville could do with our Jets.

We definitely got outcoached again.
I would love to see what any other coach could do with the Jets and compare it to what Mo does with the Jets it would be an interesting theoretical experiment

Reactions: Kgame

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
But individually do any of them have great scoring ability I mean better than Hendricks. But...
No but mixing in some of the other things they do well with others might develop some finish that the three of them don't seem to be able to do. I think Armia should have replaced Tanev after the 1st for example.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's weird, Laine just doesn't seem to hustle that much when he skates most games. His effort simply isn't there, maybe he relies too heavily on his shot? Ehlers on the other hand, and usually Wheeler are always skating thier assess off. It would be nice to see Laine put more effort into his skating like he is capable of.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Scheifele is a shell of the player in the first 20 games. He was a beast then. Speedy, checking, passing etc. now he’s mostly coasting and hardly skating the last 10 games or so.

There are way too much odd man rushes against Scheifele & Wheeler. Against Chigago there were at least 2 of those that did lead goal against: 1-0 (?) and 5-1. More precisely the line combination for those was ESW, though Connor is not defensively sound for himself so I don't think that E vs. C made the difference.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
No but mixing in some of the other things they do well with others might develop some finish that the three of them don't seem to be able to do. I think Armia should have replaced Tanev after the 1st for example.

I think this is time to try to build a scoring line around Lowry. Connor and Armia on the wings and see what happens. Always the option to go back to CLT if things don't work out. Lowry deserves the chance to prove that he can be more than just a shutdown checking Center. He has earned that opportunity with his play.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think this is time to try to build a scoring line around Lowry. Connor and Armia on the wings and see what happens. Always the option to go back to CLT if things don't work out. Lowry deserves the chance to prove that he can be more than just a shutdown checking Center. He has earned that opportunity with his play.
First of all I like it. I also think Hendricks deserves a game off. Like you been great, but you deserve a day off. So copp, dano and tanev. Alas Mo would never go for it.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Agreed

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
I was @the Last Jedi last night and was supposed to watch the game too, but while i was watching the movie our younger kid had catch a fever and threw up on our bed. Luckily our babysitter got the situation under control but I decided to skip the game for some sleep. It seems that was a blessing in disguise! Jets had a real stinker, illness or something else? I hope this leads some serious blender but I don't hold my breath. If Laine was not ill I'm expecting "Hockey is hard right now" speech part III any time now.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
There must be a lot of horrible teams in the NHL because there's only 5 teams with more points than the jets right now....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00