Post-Game Talk: "Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope." - Hawks 5 Jets 1

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
One of these years TNSE will realize that Maurice and I'm including his coaching staff are not the coaches for this team until then we will see results that we are seeing lately, have they banked enough points to help them make the playoffs, I would say if they continue on their current trend, no.

Glad you think things are looking up.... :sarcasm:

I'm outa here too much doom and gloom for me...

Where's that positive thread...

Go:jetsGo

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Mo's beloved shutdown line did a great tonight shutting the Jets down. Tanev and Copp playing over Connor and Armia. There's some unbelievable clown calling the shots behind the Jets Bench.
So you are centering out the one line that didn’t get scored on, that seemed to be able to exit their own zone regularly, and managed to get sustained pressure in the Hawks zone......interesting

Reactions: Scheifelaine

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
No hatty. Sniff.

OT: On that already notorious Iltalehti's article at the other infamous thread (currently locked) Posted first time here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139041607/

That tabloid article seemingly causes exactly what was it's intention. More clicks. Very likely Patrik's words are picked up and then arranged to compose suitable story in line with wanted narrative. While I take It that what Laine said as true statements, motives behind the article's composition and title may be the product of some ulterior, extra-hockey motives. Handle with care, and in context with the reality. /OT

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I am not sure if he said "I did like Kyle's game" or "I didn't like Kyle's game" initially I thought he said "did" but listening to it after reading your posts it sounds like "didn't". Gutless if he said "didn't", the forward who deserved to get called out and put on the 4th line was Laine (if Maurice was going to call someone out)

Why was Laine the guy who should have been dropped?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My thoughts are that they approached the game all wrong (whether it was by Moe's design or not). They tried to slow play the Hawks all game, get the puck slowly regroup and dump and chase... gain the zone then slowly curl and wait... rinse and repeat and they got burnt for it. Did our coaching staff not advance scout against the Hawks? There was a game two days ago that showed how you play that team. You come at them hard through the NZ with speed, you play direct fast hockey and go to the net hard. There was none of that in our game tonight, we completely played into their hands, they are a veteran enough team to maintain discipline and stay positionaly sound. All in all a terrible effort right from the planning to terrible execution by the players.

As for players, only Morrissey, Ehelers and to lesser extents Connor and Trouba showed up.

I don't like calling a young player out if that is what Moe did, when it was nearly the entire team.

I would like to see the Trouba experiment on the PP number 1 end and get JoMo there, he's earned the right.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
My thoughts are that they approached the game all wrong (whether it was by Moe's design or not). They tried to slow play the Hawks all game, get the puck slowly regroup and dump and chase... gain the zone then slowly curl and wait... rinse and repeat and they got burnt for it. Did our coaching staff not advance scout against the Hawks? There was a game two days ago that showed how you play that team. You come at them hard through the NZ with speed, you play direct fast hockey and go to the net hard. There was none of that in our game tonight, we completely played into their hands, they are a veteran enough team to maintain discipline and stay positionaly sound. All in all a terrible effort right from the planning to terrible execution by the players.

As for players, only Morrissey, Ehelers and to lesser extents Connor and Trouba showed up.

I don't like calling a young player out if that is what Moe did, when it was nearly the entire team.

I would like to see the Trouba experiment on the PP number 1 end and get JoMo there, he's earned the right.

get JoMo there, he's earned the right :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Schief last 5 games: 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point

top line not scoring = Jerts not winning

Reactions: Kgame

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They didn't do squat. NHL could take extra commercial brake every time when CLT is on ice. Guarantee nothing will happen meanwhile.
Then I guess they should have played the whole game, because the only meaningful thing that happened was the Jets got scored on.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Myers with a poor decision to go at the loose puck on first goal. With no back pressure support you can't make that choice and lose.

In first period nobody showed up. Who cares what happened after that when Hawks were on cruise control.

Clearly time to shake things up and move Perrault back up the lineup.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Jets is currently suffering from sort of ventricular fibrillations. Sooner the rhythm is restored, better.

Teams are apparently managed to hack into the Maurice's playbook, same time when Jets' fuel supplies are somehow particularly low. That combination can cause destructive self-feedback if not someway stopped ASAP.

Losing itself isn't bad thing here. Bad thing is the margin of Lose in conjunction to emerging inconsistencies of win-lose pattern. The team in "healthy" overall condition won't go from blowouts for to blowouts against. As there was enough time to breath and recharge batteries after last game, I take it the problem is at the mental-side of team synergy.

Reactions: JetsFan815

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, Mo calling our Connor is pretty weak when the whole team was struggling overall

Connor should publicly acknowledge Mo's lofty achievement!

81Hf5Rp8J2L._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
So you are centering out the one line that didn’t get scored on, that seemed to be able to exit their own zone regularly, and managed to get sustained pressure in the Hawks zone......interesting
Yeah, they really made a difference again. :help:

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Maurice threw Connor under the bus. Just, wow! Connor was the least of their problems. Didn't like that at all.
what else do you expect he needs to divert the blame from the vets so he can sleep at night.. still havent watched the game and not sure if i want too.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think any coach would be able to get players Myers and Chiarot to figure out how to manage a hard forecheck. Jets D is too oriented to skating, rather than passing. Morrissey and Kulikov and Buff are okay, but many of the others skate themselves into trouble and don't think quickly enough often enough.

I don't buy it, the Moose are full of defenseman who aren't what you would call skilled passers but Vincent has that team breaking out quite smoothly all the time. To me the forwards often do a poor job presenting passing options, the default is to stand on the wall and wait for the puck. If Moe had them move around a bit and present other options we would transition far better but he has the team playing such a simple breakout half the time. If you forecheck us hard we should have back up options to move the puck up the middle or make quick one - two passes off the board (Something our forwards have been terrible at).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad