Post-Game Talk: "Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope." - Hawks 5 Jets 1

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

ESW - Ehlers really had it going. Scheifele and Wheeler didn't.

PLL - Really bad game. Laine was sluggish again. Little just seems physically overmatched too often. Perreault was okay.

CLT - Lowry had a very good game Copp was okay. Tanev has list some zip lately.

CHA - Connor was outstanding. Too bad he got the Hendricks experience. Armia was okay.

44-8 Strong game by Morrissey, our best D. Trouba was okay.

5-57 Myers was a tire fire in the 1st and 2nd. Kulikov was okay.

7-3 Chiarot was list a lot in the first. Poolman was okay, all things considered.

Hellebuyck had a rough night. He couldn't be faulted for a few, but also didn't make ant big saves.

Hawks were much sharper. Jets looked sluggish.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
This guy standing behind Jet's players that by mistake called coach got his record, he is undisputed #1. Can we get a real coach now for this loaded on talent team or at least a coach who knows how to play any other way not just dump and chase and has more then 1 plan for every game? Pretty please

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I am actually happy we lost tonight- it forced Mo to FINALLY make some line adjustments! Finally!!!

For a period and a half.

Next game will be started with the old shit lines as usual just like after every loss. But hey, at least we have now seen progress in Maurice. He did something at 3-0. He didn't in Nashville.

At this rate of progress he will get it right once in 2025

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Stopped watching after the 4th goal so I am not sure if he got any better after that but Laine was bad. I don't even care about the speed or the scoring, at this point I would take him making a clean pass and not turning over the puck. Every player has bad games but when Laine has one of those he doesn't even look like an NHL player. Feels like I have been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs to expect a turnover anytime the puck is on #29's stick. The puck never gets out of the right side with him on ice unless it's a dump out and it never feels like he is interrupting the offensive flow when defending (that 3rd goal is a perfect example of that, he has to seal boards and make sure the puck doesn't get back to the points). I'm glad Maurice took Ehlers off of that line, I was feeling bad for the guy. I would not mind if Laine was made to watch the next game from the pressbox and Dano drew in. He is a man desperately in need of the Sip treatment.

Myers was pure garbage as well.

Chiarot was terrible as well while I was still watching but I don't really expect much more from him.

1st line was okay. Lowry line was decent too.

I hope Connor is not banished to the 4th line with Hendricks. :( Not his fault that the rest of the team played like garbage.

Slowly but surely we drift into the grind of the wildcard spots. :(

Edit: Please end the Hendricks experiment

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems like if u forecheck and take the boards away... Jets have no clue what to do. Coaching.
I don't think any coach would be able to get players Myers and Chiarot to figure out how to manage a hard forecheck. Jets D is too oriented to skating, rather than passing. Morrissey and Kulikov and Buff are okay, but many of the others skate themselves into trouble and don't think quickly enough often enough.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Stopped watching after the 4th goal so I am not sure if he got any better after that but Laine was bad. I don't even care about the speed or the scoring, at this point I would take him making a clean pass and not turning over the puck. Every player has bad games but when Laine has one of those he doesn't even look like an NHL player. Feels like I have been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs to expect a turnover anytime the puck is on #29's stick. The puck never gets out of the right side with him on ice unless it's a dump out and it never feels like he is interrupting the offensive flow when defending (that 3rd goal is a perfect example of that, he has to seal boards and make sure the puck doesn't get back to the points). I'm glad Maurice took Ehlers off of that line, I was feeling bad for the guy. I would not mind if Laine was made to watch the next game from the pressbox and Dano drew in. He is a man desperately in need of the Sip treatment

Myers was pure garbage as well.

I hope Connor is not banished to the 4th line with Hendricks. :( Not his fault that the rest of the team played like garbage.

Slowly but surely we drift into the grind of the wildcard spots :(

Ehlers was partly to blame for the first goal and he was -3 on the night while the stinker Laine caused zero goals and was -1.

Sometimes appearances deceive.

Laine was a complete non factor in the first and turned it over twice. He was one of the better ones in 3rd but that doesn't help , he only hit the post and that doesn't cut it.

I'm happy Ehlers got out of that line, he showed much better form in the 1st than he has in 2nd. As expected.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
For a period and a half.

Next game will be started with the old **** lines as usual just like after every loss. But hey, at least we have now seen progress in Maurice. He did something at 3-0. He didn't in Nashville.

At this rate of progress he will get it right once in 2025

The line shuffling actually started Before the end of the first period BTW

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ehlers was partly to blame for the first goal and he was -3 on the night while the stinker Laine caused zero goals and was -1.

Sometimes appearances deceive.

Laine was a complete non factor in the first and turned it over twice. He was one of the better ones in 3rd but that doesn't help , he only hit the post and that doesn't cut it.

You're assignment of blame for goals is irrelevant and frankly comes across as childish. On top of that you have demonstrated very little skill in breaking down plays so just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes