Post-Game Talk: "Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're My Only Hope." - Hawks 5 Jets 1

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Enstrom gets hurt , Charoit comes in , not good but Buff can drag Charoit around and we can mostly get by . Buff gets hurt and Poolman comes in to play with Charoit , and we really get to see how much Buff means to this team . Enstrom and Buff can't get back soon enough . Helly needs a break again , hopefully Mason is good to go and Laine has to score some goals to be successful , put him with Sheif already , move Wheeler with Little .I hate when the Jets lose like this at home .

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Scheifele is a shell of the player in the first 20 games. He was a beast then. Speedy, checking, passing etc. now he’s mostly coasting and hardly skating the last 10 games or so.

I totally agree with this--it seems like Scheifele has been invisible over the last 10 games or so. He hasn't been hustling or driving the play at all !!! The guy that has been driving the play is Ehlers. I hope Scheif wakes up--we need him to get that 1st line scoring.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Time to start Mason for 4-6 games - over the last 6 games or so, Helle's save percentage has dropped below .90 % - "not good." He let in 3 goals on 6 shots against the Hawks, and he's slowly drifting back to the way he played last year. It's time to change things up-give him a break, and time to reflect on his performance. You can't blame everything on Helle-especially against the Hawks, as defense was not good.

Mason was great his last 2 outings, and we should give him a 6 games in a row stretch, and see what he can do. We're paying the guy $ 4 mil per year, and this is why he's here. He's a proven solid goaltender, and let's give the net to him for awhile. Also when Helle is challenged for the # 1 netminder, his play elevates, as he plays better on the edge.

Also on BUFF- as much as some posters are always down on him, you can clearly see a hole in the right side defense with him out. Players no longer "fear" going into the corner boards and getting "wallpapered" right to them. Fans should appreciate what he does for the Jets--including his leadership. He's our # 1 defenseman.

Reactions: FFHockey

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Helle was maybe not amazing, but looking at those goals you can see defensive breakdowns here and there and at least two odd man rushes (against (E)SW, as expected).

That kind of defensive play + Mason, and I think 5 goals is bare minimum.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Jets were just handily outplayed in that game. Hope that is sickness related because many players looked really bad.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Some of the things that were discussed ways back and ignored due to being tied 1st overall seem to be troubling the Jets now. 1st line's extremely high PDO coming down with Helleybucks performance leveling off along with Scheifs and Connors high sh%. 2nd line still not clicking, 3rd line is still the same with defensive work and all that but won't help the jets with scoring and the 4th line being figured out especially when you have to distribute Perreault elsewhere at times. Also, Chiarot might be bad but he wasn't the reason that the jets were down 3-0 early. He's the fall guy because he's some AHL call-up who can be gotten rid off easy but it won't magicly solve the jets problems.

Indeed, it seems the Jets didn't "figure it out". What a surprise.

--

Nice to see some line changes, PLL is immediately much better, but if I were Maurice, I would have immediately put ESL together because they have by far the best goal output of all the combinations, even if they would not be solid defensively. High risk is fine when you are trailing that badly. Well, baby steps at least. We need some new tricks with the breakout

This time the bottom-6 could not deliver 5v5 scoring and the top-6 remains dry. Hawks didn't take too many penalties unfortunately.

Ehlers with a nice snipe. He looks so much better on the first line. ELL just kills the soul of anyone in it.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
The reaper is not here yet , go back to sleep my friends. We will win the next game , and the next one after that. There will be much rejoicing in the spring , people will be dancing in the streets and in the fields , and there shall be no gnashing of the teeth.

-chapter one of the gospel of St Maurice

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As much as I appreciate all the little things CLT do well, they remind me too much of running on a treadmill, just a fast track to nowhere offensively. Down 4 goals there was no need to send them out so often, and even less need to keep the line together.
Would it surprise you that Lowry has about the same 5v5 points per minute as Little?

That line allows an average of one even strength goal against every 11 games, and scores about 3 times as often as their opposing lines.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the Jets are showing some signs of fatigue, and perhaps the flu going through the room. They've done okay through a very tough portion of their schedule. They are also missing two of their top 4 D, and it's showing at times. I think they'll bounce back when the schedule eases a bit.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Helle was weak
Everyone was awful
I blame this on sickness so expect a rough patch next few games
GJG

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Would it surprise you that Lowry has about the same 5v5 points per minute as Little?

That line allows an average of one even strength goal against every 11 games, and scores about 3 times as often as their opposing lines.
Why would it surprise me? In a game down 4 goals I don't see much point in continuing to hold the opposition down. Break the line up and try to create some more scoring with Lowry in particular.

Reactions: 204hockey

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I totally agree with this--it seems like Scheifele has been invisible over the last 10 games or so. He hasn't been hustling or driving the play at all !!! The guy that has been driving the play is Ehlers. I hope Scheif wakes up--we need him to get that 1st line scoring.

His lack of hustle is puzzling, and I don't think its a new thing. Have we ever seen him hustle on a change? Its not always a fatigue thing, as he'll play entire shifts like that. Hope all the good press didn't go to his head.

Treskov

Oct 12, 2017
Turku Finland
Indeed, it seems the Jets didn't "figure it out". What a surprise.

--

Nice to see some line changes, PLL is immediately much better, but if I were Maurice, I would have immediately put ESL together because they have by far the best goal output of all the combinations, even if they would not be solid defensively. High risk is fine when you are trailing that badly. Well, baby steps at least. We need some new tricks with the breakout

This time the bottom-6 could not deliver 5v5 scoring and the top-6 remains dry. Hawks didn't take too many penalties unfortunately.

Ehlers with a nice snipe. He looks so much better on the first line. ELL just kills the soul of anyone in it.

!

What tricks could we try with the breakouts? I don´t know why they are so bad at it this season. Did the attackers cheat more last season, cause i´v noticed that Laine plays much lower.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I see the Flaherty effect creeping back in to Helles game. Hendricks is not an everyday NHL player. Jets stink last night. The only positive is I sold my seats to the game and didn’t have to witness it.

Jets should start playing some desperate hockey before the backwards slide continues in the standings.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wheeler literally looked like he was clenching a turd all night. Never got into a full stride.
he needed to do the Gretz and just let it go in his hockey pants.
i mean, that's what i'd do. and then stand in front of the other team's net.

Reactions: ps241

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I see the Flaherty effect creeping back in to Helles game. Hendricks is not an everyday NHL player. Jets stink last night. The only positive is I sold my seats to the game and didn’t have to witness it.

Jets should start playing some desperate hockey before the backwards slide continues in the standings.
ah yes, yes, back to the old "Blame the goalie coach" excuse that wasn't there for the first 1/4 of the season.
Flaherty's like a zipper, just undoing everything Helle learned in the offseason. for sure. for sure.

glad to hear that you sold your seats for yesterday. i look forward to future seat sale updates.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really don't understand Maurice's totally unwillingness to put Wheeler with Little , they played together for years and played quite well together . Has any reporter asked this question to Maurice ? Because i've never heard anything . Sheif with Laine and Ehlers and Little with Wheeler and Frenchie , if it doesn't work Maurice can go back to his lines . I really don't get it . :huh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know Maurice was pissed when he did his post game interview but saying Connor specifically didn't play well was kind of a joke , he just should have said the truth and said the whole team was bad , everyone including the coaches .

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I really don't understand Maurice's totally unwillingness to put Wheeler with Little , they played together for years and played quite well together . Has any reporter asked this question to Maurice ? Because i've never heard anything . Sheif with Laine and Ehlers and Little with Wheeler and Frenchie , if it doesn't work Maurice can go back to his lines . I really don't get it . :huh:
because you have 2 players that were top 10 in the league in scoring and you wanted to break it up?
i really don't get it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Outplayed, out goaltended, out coached....

We all have to stick together.

We all have to stick together!

We all have to stick together!

The Chariot twins!

All the Finns are busy fattening up the Reindeer!

Schief last 5 games: 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point

top line not scoring = Jerts not winning

Connor should publicly acknowledge Mo's lofty achievement!

81Hf5Rp8J2L._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

Ok Sip just doing some advanced stats here and noticing you have 9 posts in this PGT. I think this leaves me a few options:

#1 A go fund me page where we raise money to send you to see Tony Robbins Events Archive I am not sure an event will do it we might need a one on one session with Tony and his full team.

#2 An intervention. If you would care to leave your wife and friends contact information we can plan an event behind your back.

#3 A good old fashioned joint restraining order from TNSE, all their players and coaching staff, and HFBoards Jets threads (accept the Laine threads please go over there and get to work).

:surrender

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
because you have 2 players that were top 10 in the league in scoring and you wanted to break it up?
i really don't get it.
I would if it meant getting 6 players playing good as opposed to 2 , i think as a team we would be even more successful that way .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->