GDT: Hawks vs Devils: 6PM CT on NBCSNCH--Battle of the Former 1sts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Rutta needs to be locked up, 3-4 years @ 1.75-2.25M cap hit.

Q needs to go, so that new coach will deploy Kempny otherwise he will walk... Also this 'new' coach should hopefully get more out of Murphy.

Dan girardi was logging 18-22 mins in Nyr, and was hated by most fans, often labeled as the worst Dman in the league. With a reduced role in TBL (16mins p game) he has been an effective veteran shut-down dman.

Seabrooks legacy and price tag must be ignored, and delegated to 3rd pair and occasional 2nd PP/PK time.

Travis greene in vancouver had the Sedins log 8mins agaisnt Pittsburgh recently.. prob their lowest toi in their career.

Reactions: ModryJazyk

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Q in regards to sitting Hartman - "I think we have have a lot of guys who are all comparable.." :facepalm: How Q? Just how is freaking Bouma comparable to Hartman?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Thoughts.

Bad
- Toews was terrible and until he adds some risk and creativity back to his game he will not get back to what he was (it is not physical it is mental)

I'm not sure it's mental, he does not look as strong or fast as he needs to be and once was.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Q in regards to sitting Hartman - "I think we have have a lot of guys who are all comparable.." :facepalm: How Q? Just how is freaking Bouma comparable to Hartman?
He kind of has a point, the entire team comparatively sucks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure it's mental, he does not look as strong or fast as he needs to be and once was.

By removing the creativity and risk in his game he as neutered himself because he ALWAYS goes with the safe play. Make him much easier to defend. Is this Q or is it self infliceted?

His speed is fine so far.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Maybe. The way I heard it was more "we have of guys who are similar and I wanted to play 7D so hartman was the oddman out"
There is no excuse to sit Hartman for pylons. I get Hartman takes some dumb penalties but he has way more skill then Bouma, Wingels, and others. Q has a bug up his butt for Hartman while he always has soft spots for gritty stiffs like Bouma, Tootoo, Mashinter, Bolig, etc etc., guys who play hard but have no skill putting the puck in the net. The team has reached a point of desperation, you might as well trying putting 4 lines out there with the most skilled players available, even if you have to go to Rockford for a few. He refuses.

Saying that it’s not the reason we lost tonight.

Reactions: kuzy

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
and his balance is not what it once was. Neither are his hands.

Actually Toews will become less a liability when he reduces risk. He should not be attempting to enter the opponents zone with a power move any more --- what he used to do well (that power move) he can no longer do. If he played more to his remaining strengths than he does --- not attempting what he can no longer do, the turnovers would reduce.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
His love affair with Bouma is ridiculous. He's a poor man's Wingels. And Wingels is a poor man's Hartman.

I know Hartman had a bad game versus Carolina, but then sit Bouma and let Wingels at least play. Or better yet, drop Bouma entirely and call up Vinny.

It's just idiotic to waste a roster spot on a player who adds nothing. This team can't make up for a Scott, Bollig, Desjardins (circa last season) type any more. We need to ice the best roster we can to stay competitive.

Reactions: BrianE

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven't felt this way since 2012 when we were getting trounced by the Oilers. I don't look forward to watching Hawks games anymore. SOMETHING has to change.

The Hawks looked so f***ing great the first two games and in the 1st against Toronto to start the season and they've done a complete 180 since then. There's a lot of talent here,
it's just not being maximized.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
There is some talent...not a lot. And when you have that with a lot of young players you need a coach to coach and not pull all his antiquated shit that doesn’t work on this group anymore.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
and his balance is not what it once was. Neither are his hands.

Actually Toews will become less a liability when he reduces risk. He should not be attempting to enter the opponents zone with a power move any more --- what he used to do well (that power move) he can no longer do. If he played more to his remaining strengths than he does --- not attempting what he can no longer do, the turnovers would reduce.

Q's so-called system of a "good stick" in front of CC is killing this team. Ops know they can crash the crease all night without a worry and that's exactly what Devils did tonight. And all this talk about Forsling playing well, he has improved but he also may be the worst defender in front of Hawks' goalie.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Q's so-called system of a "good stick" in front of CC is killing this team. Ops know they can crash the crease all night without a worry and that's exactly what Devils did tonight. And all this talk about Forsling playing well, he has improved but he also may be the worst defender in front of Hawks' goalie.

And our two best D at engaging in front of the net don't play enough. Hopefully we woke up with the news that Q is stepping down.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Toews is an average 2C. Put a fork into the notion that he’ll ever regain form. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s concussion/vision related, because he doesn’t have the vision he used to. Tonight might be the worst I’ve ever seen him play.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
10M dead cap space between Seabs and Panarin’s bonuses. Just tank. I worry about Seabs though. Can we win with him on the roster? I hope the cap goes up about 4 or 5M and between that and getting the bonus money free, we can still build up the roster and just kind of forget he is there. The team has some nice pieces. Most of the young guys are coming along nicely. The team is definitely in need of another “star” type of player from the outside. That’s why I’m hopeful we can still see good progress with the youth but at the same time, just kind of meander through the season, finish around .500 but in the bottom 5, hopefully bottom 3 and just pray for the hockey God’s to smile on us again. It’s an interesting year with not really any awful teams outside of AZ. It’s a sneaky good year to be bad.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
I'm just here waiting for Q to get fired.
tenor.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So I woke up sick and called off work (Throwing up for some reason)

And then I turn on NHL Network to see Hawks score and WTF

This team isn't as talented as people want to believe , is in crapper cap wise , has several players who are no longer capable of playing at high level and when Crawford isn't playing like god they are doomed

Was there any positives? How did Forsling and Debrincat look?

Reactions: BrianE

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
10M dead cap space between Seabs and Panarin’s bonuses. Just tank. I worry about Seabs though. Can we win with him on the roster? I hope the cap goes up about 4 or 5M and between that and getting the bonus money free, we can still build up the roster and just kind of forget he is there. The team has some nice pieces. Most of the young guys are coming along nicely. The team is definitely in need of another “star” type of player from the outside. That’s why I’m hopeful we can still see good progress with the youth but at the same time, just kind of meander through the season, finish around .500 but in the bottom 5, hopefully bottom 3 and just pray for the hockey God’s to smile on us again. It’s an interesting year with not really any awful teams outside of AZ. It’s a sneaky good year to be bad.

I mean..we are tied with Dallas and Calgary for a wild card spot at the moment (granted with 2 more games but who cares :laugh: haha). And this is all after playing like absolute dog **** the past 1o games and everyone having helen keller - level shooting percentages. I'm still holding out hope that the boys can turn this around, start to play like they did at the start of the year and slip into a wild card spot rather than embracing the tank for a top 3 draft pick

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
His love affair with Bouma is ridiculous. He's a poor man's Wingels. And Wingels is a poor man's Hartman.

I know Hartman had a bad game versus Carolina, but then sit Bouma and let Wingels at least play. Or better yet, drop Bouma entirely and call up Vinny.

It's just idiotic to waste a roster spot on a player who adds nothing. This team can't make up for a Scott, Bollig, Desjardins (circa last season) type any more. We need to ice the best roster we can to stay competitive.

Agree but here in lies the problem...Q hates Vinny too otherwise he would have been called up awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad