Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 7 (MOD post 303)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks, your reports are always very much appreciated :handclap:. What did you think of the two young Dmen as far as physicality was concerned ?Do they look like they can hold their own ?

Didier for sure, he wasn't as physical as he was in the NCAA but that likely has to do with him getting his feet wet. Lernout was a little skinner then I was expecting but he wasn't pushed around.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Is Benoit Groulx the next coach of our AHL team?

Just heard that he's leaving the Q to coach in a higher league, calling him coming to the Habs (just my guess, no source).

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
After seeing Hamilton being eliminated from the playoff contention for this year, I've started to wonder whether Hudon will be called up or not. But in all honesty, I don't think we should mess with what's working!

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
After seeing Hamilton being eliminated from the playoff contention for this year, I've started to wonder whether Hudon will be called up or not. But in all honesty, I don't think we should mess with what's working!

It's almost certain he will get called up (to be part of the black aces), but very unlikely to play.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Usually they call up a bunch of people when the AHL season is over. Gives the young guys a chance to be around the big guys during the playoffs and I think they practice at Brossard. Final game in franchise history for the Dogs is tomorrow.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Hi folks,

Sorry to hear the Dogs are eliminated. I wanted the Hamilton fans to have a deep run. All the best for the OHL Dogs. looking forward to the 2015 - 2016 IceCaps.

Analyzer*

Hi folks,

Sorry to hear the Dogs are eliminated. I wanted the Hamilton fans to have a deep run. All the best for the OHL Dogs. looking forward to the 2015 - 2016 IceCaps.

You're in luck next year. Well, hopefully the habs get better vets, but McCarron and Scherbak should be there along with Hudon, Carr and Andrighetto.

Though, one of those 5 might make the team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched some of the game, Crisp got lucky as they waived off his goal for kicking it in but reversed it, didn't think they would. Also though Bennett was looking better. I thought Didier was looking good again, got to think they sign him at some point (they have till August 15th). Hudon's goal was a sweet tip off a Bennett point shot.

DD51*

I watched some of the game, Crisp got lucky as they waived off his goal for kicking it in but reversed it, didn't think they would. Also though Bennett was looking better. I thought Didier was looking good again, got to think they sign him at some point (they have till August 15th). Hudon's goal was a sweet tip off a Bennett point shot.

Has Bozon played so far ? If not, any chance seing him in the last game ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

no he hasn't, the game tonight was with the LE feed so no word on anything about the Dogs. Perhaps he will play tomorrow since the season is over, or perhaps they will just let him rest to get ready for camp in the fall.

Analyzer*

1 more game.

Last 18 games, 6 wins.

Hopefully Hudon can get 1 to reach 20.

For next season, hopefully the habs keep Tangradi. Re-sign Hensick, let Thomas go/trade him for a late pick, or a similar prospect who's better in the AHL.

Get an actual offensive dman.

Sign T.J. Brennan, maybe Sanguinetti.

Dogs need a threat on the pp on the back.

Bring in Jeffrey/Travis Morin.

Hopefully the dogs will be better offensively next year, as that's what seemed to hurt them.

Sign Kris Newbury? Puts up points and he's one tough dude.

Hudon - Hensick - Carr
Andrighetto - Jeffrey/Morin - Scherbak (?)/McCarron ?
Tangradi - Bournival - Scherbak/McCarron
Crisp - Cody Bass - Sorkin

Brennan - Dietz
Bennett - Lernout(?)
Other - Thrower/Ellis

Condon
Other

D still doesn't look that good, but who knows.

Forgot Dumont. He's still an effective AHLer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
1 more game.

Last 18 games, 6 wins.

Hopefully Hudon can get 1 to reach 20.

For next season, hopefully the habs keep Tangradi. Re-sign Hensick, let Thomas go/trade him for a late pick, or a similar prospect who's better in the AHL.

Get an actual offensive dman.

Sign T.J. Brennan, maybe Sanguinetti.

Dogs need a threat on the pp on the back.

Bring in Jeffrey/Travis Morin.

Hopefully the dogs will be better offensively next year, as that's what seemed to hurt them.

Sign Kris Newbury? Puts up points and he's one tough dude.

Hudon - Hensick - Carr
Andrighetto - Jeffrey/Morin - Scherbak (?)/McCarron ?
Tangradi - Bournival - Scherbak/McCarron
Crisp - Cody Bass - Sorkin

Brennan - Dietz
Bennett - Lernout(?)
Other - Thrower/Ellis

Condon
Other

D still doesn't look that good, but who knows.

Forgot Dumont. He's still an effective AHLer.

MacMillan and Didier will be somewhere in that mix as well. Ellis will be a summer decision but personally I don't expect him to get a new deal. We'll endup with a very young team again next year, which makes it even more important to have the right kind of coach at the helm...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For next season, hopefully the habs keep Tangradi. Re-sign Hensick, let Thomas go/trade him for a late pick, or a similar prospect who's better in the AHL

Lots of question marks for the off-season starting behind the bench and then how the roster will shape up. The influx of rookies next year makes it interesting to see how they will handle certain players, if they will bring them back or not.

G- Condon, Fucale

Need to find an ECHL starter, either on an NHL or AHL deal. Then at camp we'll need to see if Condon can steal Tok's job. Since Condon doesn't need waivers and Tok does, not sure it will happen. Both had impressive seasons in Hamilton as both were one of the top players on their team. I thought Tok was the MVP and Condon I'm not sure if I would call him the MVP over Hudon or Hensick as Condon was on a real hot streak but has cooled off at the end. He won 7 of his last 19 starts.

I doubt MacDonald is back. Don't know about Palazzese who is on an AHL contract. I never saw Brandon Whitney before so I don't know if he's just a fill in or if they would consider him on an AHL deal next year for ECHL depth.

D- Bennett, Dietz, Thrower, Lernout

are under contract. Pateryn has a one way and I don't expect him back. Tinordi won't be back since he wouldn't clear waivers. Will Didier be signed? I hope they do. What's going on with Nygren, they sorely need his help on the PP which looks to finish 30th in the league, dead last again (unless they score 6 PP goals tonight). Will they bring back Ellis? He's playing well so I don't see the harm, he has to clear waivers but that won't be an issue.

I don't see vets like Allen and Drewiske back although we need to replace them as we are short on LD's. Ellis is playing on the left but not sure they want to continue that if they were to re-sign him. Then there's the AHL contracts, Shea, Makowski and Finley. Finley has been a healthy scratch, would not bring him back. Shea is on the top pairing and playing his off-side. Could see them bringing him back but he's a RD and we are loaded with RD's. Same goes for Makowski, who I liked at Denver, if he would sign another AHL deal might be worth it for cheap depth.

F- Carr, Hudon, Ghetto, Crisp, Bozon, Fournier, Scherbak, McCarron, MacMillan, Grégoire

Going to be very interesting to see if any of the forwards can make the Habs out of camp or as a call up at some point. We know some will get called up but can they stick. Scherbak needs to show MT he won't hurt the team in his own end while putting up points. McCarron needs to show he can play well at both ends while playing his brand of hockey. Hudon needs to show that his lack of high end speed and strength won't hurt his two way game. Ghetto needs to show an improved defensive game. All eyes will be on these 3 at camp to see what they can do.

Then there's Thomas, Bournival and Dumont. Will they be re-signed and if so will we lose any to waivers? I don't know how bad Bournival's injury is, but got to think he will be back, would be a welcome addition to the Dogs and give the Habs cheap depth. Thomas as well, I know there was talk of teams being interested at the trade deadline, so if they can move them then that works too. Dumont hopefully will be back as he's one of the leaders. The other RFA's Tangradi and Bowman I would assume they are gone, I would bring back Tangradi but would think he would rather sign somewhere else.

Then there's the guys on AHL contracts, Dowell, Hensick, Sorkin, McNally and Macenauer. I would bring back Dowell if he would take an AHL deal, but not a big loss if not. Hensick is poor in his own end but we need offense so I would bring him back but who knows if he would return. Sorkin it would depend on other moves, if there's no room then he's gone but if not and he agreed to an AHL deal no harm. Macenauer must go. Not sure what to make of McNally, good size, skating, speed, perhaps he replaces Sorkin on an AHL deal. Saw him in the past at Dartmouth but don't recall him impressing.

Then there's the NCAA, CHL, Euro undrafted FA's that we could be looking at, trades, and any over aged draft picks that could also effect the roster.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Great report Montreal you are the best!
Would love to make a trip to St.John's to see the IceCaps next year.

Bozon-Dumont-Hudon
Scherback-McCarron-Ghetto
Bournival-MacMillan-Gregoire
Crisp-Dowell-Fournier

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Macenauer must go.

I like you already.

I don't know the Montreal org very well, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep a player or two from the current IceCaps for continuity or maybe fan recognition. I have mentioned Jaffray, and John Albert. Another possibility is Patrice Cormier. I for the life of me, don't know why he isn't playing a fourth line for the Jets.

A question, Albert and Cormier are Group IV UFA's. What is this?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like you already. I don't know the Montreal org very well, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep a player or two from the current IceCaps for continuity or maybe fan recognition. I have mentioned Jaffray, and John Albert. Another possibility is Patrice Cormier. I for the life of me, don't know why he isn't playing a fourth line for the Jets.

A question, Albert and Cormier are Group IV UFA's. What is this?

Macenauer was a favorite of the coaching staff, he was brought back right before the season started, not sure why but I would assume the coach had something to do with it. If the coaching staff is back, perhaps they will push for Macenauer to return but with so many incoming players not sure that it will happen. If the coaching staff is not brought back I would think there's no chance he is re-signed.

Group IV UFA's you don't see too much, you can read about it,

http://www.thehosers.com/2011/08/nhl-cba-group-4-free-agents.html

Bozon is playing tonight for the final game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Jason Ward and Corey Locke dropped the puck for the final AHL game in Hamilton. Have been showing lot's of clips over the 19 years.

The lines are all over the place, but so far liking Bennett and Didier again. Bozon has looked good. The new goalie is tall.

No Hudon? That's a shame.

they said Hudon, Dumont and Bowman are all injured.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Thomas now scoring at the lowest pace of his AHL career. Somehow he can regress that hard and still get time in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad