Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 7 (MOD post 303)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Marlies won today so I don't think there's any realistic chance of catching up and making the playoffs now.

They're 3 points ahead with 1 game in hand and only 3 regular season games remain.

Bulldogs will have to win everything and hope Marlies get less than 3 points from 4 games (they own the tiebreaker), which is highly unlikely considering the Marlies are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games and are riding a 3 game winning streak.

The Dogs are going to need some luck for sure, the bad news is that the marlies play the worst team in the AHL for their next game. After that they play a struggling Milwaukee team but on the road. The good news that their final 2 games are against teams currently ahead of them in the standings with one of them being a good Rockford team that is fighting for top spot in the conference and both games are on the road.

I still think (call it instinct or a hunch!) our playoffs' lineup would be better with Hudon in it (Pacioretty or no Pacioretty).
They should add Hudon for playoffs (Habs)...he's our no.1 Black Ace forward, imo. And, Hudon can always start in Hamilton next season...development won't be hurt (no?!).

One series with Habs, two series...maybe three or more! (can't hurt his development, especially that he can start again in Hamilton in Sept/Oct...and continue developing in the AHL and be more ready for '16 playoffs.... no? yes? would love to know what you and others here think about this...). I think he can be an offensive sparkplug for us...

I wouldn't want to see him called up for the playoffs and then get thrown into the fire. It might work but I would have rather seen him get his feet wet in a non playoff game since the stakes are so high. Would be very surprised if they did that unless Pac can't go and even then I would be surprised. Although it would be fun to see how he could do.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Didier fight yesterday...Can we see this?

I looked for it online and the only thing I found is somebody posting on Dropyourgloves saying that Didier was bleeding everywhere after the scrap.

So, I imagine he lost the fight pretty badly, which is not unexpected considering his last fight was 4 years ago.

DogsFan*

I looked for it online and the only thing I found is somebody posting on Dropyourgloves saying that Didier was bleeding everywhere after the scrap.

So, I imagine he lost the fight pretty badly, which is not unexpected considering his last fight was 4 years ago.

I thought it was a ****ing punk move my Gemel Smith. He threw a bunch of punches with Didier laying on the net. Disgusting play by a punk player.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

I thought it was a ****ing punk move my Gemel Smith. He threw a bunch of punches with Didier laying on the net. Disgusting play by a punk player.

Yeah, pretty dirty pushing him into the netting and then starting to throw punches. Tbh, I think Didier hurt himself more when he fell down, since it looked like he hit the post and netting hard, then from Smith's punches.

Last edited:

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

ouch, he was bleeding like crazy

I think maybe the netting cut him

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Andrigettho has been more productive than Hudon since going back to Hamilton.

by 2 points from the looks of it. Ghetto 23 points in 36 games, Hudon 21 points in the last 36 games. There was no way Hudon was going to keep up his torrid scoring pace. 55 points for a 20 year old rookie is impressive for sure, Subban had 53 under Guy Boucher, that was the last time we had a 20 year old rookie break the 50 point mark.

Edit- Subban had 53, not 58 must have mixed him up with Maxwell

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Skills were there.. desire to play anywhere but the perimeter was not.

That, essentially. I've rarely seen a more invisible player on the ice in his few games with the big team. Not that he got a HUGE audition mind you but you have to show at least something, you know. He's been doing fine in Europe for a few years, he was probably better suited all along for the big ice.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Andrigettho has been more productive than Hudon since going back to Hamilton.

Yeah, I'm a big Hudon fan, but Ghetto has also had a great year and has made a lot of progress. He is playing better without the puck and getting more consistent. It's really fun to watch him when he gets control of the puck in the offensive zone. He can often just hold on to it forever.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
They already have basically. They have to go 3-0 and hope the Marlies go 1-3 at best and Milwaukee/Lake Erie lose their games.

Are the Bulldogs like the sens and the Marlies/Milwaukee/Lake Erie like Pittsburgh/Boston/Detroit by any chance?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Are the Bulldogs like the sens and the Marlies/Milwaukee/Lake Erie like Pittsburgh/Boston/Detroit by any chance?

Dogs have choked hard down the stretch. Other teams have been choking and they haven't stepped up with only 3 wins in their last 10.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I'm curious about the changes for next year. Will Lefevre get replaced? What other changes will there be? The team has definitely been disappointing for the past few years, not making the playoffs once. They have managed to develop some NHLers....but I wonder if that couldn't have been done while maintaining a better record and making a playoff run. I have always felt that the Calder cup playoffs can make develop prospects like nothing else....especially a long run.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They're going to miss, aren't they?

If they lose tonight and the marlies beat the worst team in the AHL, it's over. Marlies would have 83 pts (plus a game in hand) while the dogs would only have 2 games left and they have 78 pts.

The dogs have been out of a playoff spot for most of the season if you go by win %, since they were among the league leaders in games played for much of the season. They had a run when they hit a really soft spot in their schedule but the end of their schedule was really tough so they were going to be hard pressed to make it. (over their last 25 games they lost 16 games)

I'm curious about the changes for next year. Will Lefevre get replaced? What other changes will there be? The team has definitely been disappointing for the past few years, not making the playoffs once. They have managed to develop some NHLers....but I wonder if that couldn't have been done while maintaining a better record and making a playoff run. I have always felt that the Calder cup playoffs can make develop prospects like nothing else....especially a long run.

Who knows what they will do with the coaching staff, perhaps they will be back, I would hope not as it's looking like 3 years of missing the playoffs, 3 years of the worst PP in the AHL (30th, 29th and 30th this year unless their PP goes crazy over the final 3 games) Perhaps management is happy with the situation since the AHL call ups while not producing much offense, consistently work hard and play well in their own end. I just shudder to think of the coaching staff working with Scherbak and McCarron.

The team will likely have a lot of roster turnover since we have a number of incoming rookies in Scherbak, McCarron, Grégoire, Fucale, Bozon, MacMillan, Lernout, Didier ?, plus if they add any NCAA/CHL undrafted FA's since they usually do. Granted we don't know how the roster will shake out, outside of Bozon, MacMillan and Didier, all the rest could return to the CHL as overagers although my guess would be only Lernout would really be in that position since we could have a lot of RD's next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad