Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 7 (MOD post 303)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
On the one hand, I do recognize that the kids that have been coming up from hamilton are hard working and ready to play the pro game. You have to give the coaching staff that much. On the other hand, I want a team full of winners. I don't think this is mutually exclusive. I hope they make some changes and bring in a different team of coaches.

I wonder if Bergy will be up for this. Has he fired anybody yet?

Who do we replace Levevre with?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
17 players from the 2013 Calder Cup final will on the Detroit/Tampa rosters for Round 1 in the playoffs.

I think this is somewhat of a testament to how much winning games in the AHL and going far in the playoffs can improve a player's game.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_nmqpc4CmDW1rnwj73o1_1280.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Lernout goes back to the CHL as an overager, will his ELC slide?

if he went back to the WHL next year, he would count against the 50 contract limit but I believe his contract would slid as long as he didn't play pro games.

No. You can't slide pro-eligible players.

That's what I thought, that contracts only slid for junior aged players but I believe it was brought up in the case of Thrower and Bozon that because they didn't play in a pro game their contracts slid.

Thanks. I'd be surprised if they send him back to the dub then.

Well management didn't have any problems sending Thrower and Bozon back to the WHL as overagers. Granted injuries/illness were the cause, if the case of Thrower if he had been born 12 days later he would had to of gone back to the dub. But management has done it twice in the past 2 years, in the case of Lernout if we bring back Ellis and sign Didier, plus Dietz and if Thrower makes the Dogs that could create problems for ice time with too many RD's unless they move someone to the left or prefer say Didier in the ECHL. Not saying it couldn't happen or that it wouldn't be the best but I've heard from someone that follows the dub closely that Lernout needs to work on his skating so it might be better for him to do that in the WHL but I'm just guessing as I haven't seen him play yet.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
if he went back to the WHL next year, he would count against the 50 contract limit but I believe his contract would slid as long as he didn't play pro games.

That's what I thought, that contracts only slid for junior aged players but I believe it was brought up in the case of Thrower and Bozon that because they didn't play in a pro game their contracts slid.

Well management didn't have any problems sending Thrower and Bozon back to the WHL as overagers. Granted injuries/illness were the cause, if the case of Thrower if he had been born 12 days later he would had to of gone back to the dub. But management has done it twice in the past 2 years, in the case of Lernout if we bring back Ellis and sign Didier, plus Dietz and if Thrower makes the Dogs that could create problems for ice time with too many RD's unless they move someone to the left or prefer say Didier in the ECHL. Not saying it couldn't happen or that it wouldn't be the best but I've heard from someone that follows the dub closely that Lernout needs to work on his skating so it might be better for him to do that in the WHL but I'm just guessing as I haven't seen him play yet.

I sat behind the Dogs bench last Friday in Texas and watched Lernout very closely. Please know that I am a total fan and not a qualified scout...
Lernout played with Ellis, on the PK and the PP. To me he looked better than Didier but it is early and I don't have game tape to review. My take is he can easily play in the AHL. He is tall but needs to grow into his frame. This guy defines "intriguing pick"!

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
I sat behind the Dogs bench last Friday in Texas and watched Lernout very closely. Please know that I am a total fan and not a qualified scout...
Lernout played with Ellis, on the PK and the PP. To me he looked better than Didier but it is early and I don't have game tape to review. My take is he can easily play in the AHL. He is tall but needs to grow into his frame. This guy defines "intriguing pick"!

Thanks. Size and attitude alone make him worth a look IMO

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dogs holding on in the 3rd, Hudon gets one, up to 56 points ! :handclap::yo: Bad news is marlies looking like they will get 2 points. :(

what did you think of his skating/foot speed? I haven't seen him but I have seen a lot of Didier over the last 4 years. I could see Didier in the ECHL next year assuming he gets signed, but depending on how the roster shakes out we could have problems getting Lernout ice time. It's one of those situations where we'll have to wait and see how he looks at camp and how others look as I'm hoping that Thrower steps up after a healthy off-season (haven't heard any info on his current injury though)

Analyzer*

Dogs win. Didier gets his first point an McNally had 1g 1a.

After giving up 3 goals on 51 shots vs the Sharks, Brossoit gives up 4 on 16...

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Marlies need to lose all 3 games in regulation and Dogs need to win the last 2 games to make the playoffs.

They will not make it.... I don't know but I think Lefebvre is gone.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd be more than fine with either Mario Durocher or Eric Veilleux , who both come from winning organizations and have already been around the team during the dev camps. Sly has done a decent job on the dev front but he's not getting the most out of his roster which is the main job of a coach IMO. You have to show at least some results in the win/loss column.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd be more than fine with either Mario Durocher or Eric Veilleux , who both come from winning organizations and have already been around the team during the dev camps. Sly has done a decent job on the dev front but he's not getting the most out of his roster which is the main job of a coach IMO. You have to show at least some results in the win/loss column.

I was a big proponent of Ducharme from the Mooseheads..

But watching their PK last night soured me. You seriously could not have a worse PK system.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
17 players from the 2013 Calder Cup final will on the Detroit/Tampa rosters for Round 1 in the playoffs.

I think this is somewhat of a testament to how much winning games in the AHL and going far in the playoffs can improve a player's game.

The Griffins had missed the playoffs the two or three years prior to that drive. It didn't hurt their development either.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ducharme is a good candidate too in my mind, he'd be an improvement , especially on working with the more skilled forwards.

Ducharme doesn't know what defense is.

aside from that he'd be great to developp prospects.

He'd actually be perfect assistant to Therrien instead of Lacroix.

Since Therrien is defensive minded, we wouldn't worry about Ducharme's influence on that end (again that PK last night was AWFUL.. you couldn't play a more passive box.. they went 1/4 on the PK).. but we would be able to develop the offensive talent, the PP would be way better, and we could use some creativity out there.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
He'd actually be perfect assistant to Therrien instead of Lacroix.

Since Therrien is defensive minded, we wouldn't worry about Ducharme's influence on that end (again that PK last night was AWFUL.. you couldn't play a more passive box.. they went 1/4 on the PK).. but we would be able to develop the offensive talent, the PP would be way better, and we could use some creativity out there.

I Agree, he is great with offensive strategies. Id like the habs to get him (better then jodoin or Lacroix), just not as head coach

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
What about JF Houle to coach the team in St-John's next year ?

If I'm not mistaken, the team he is currently coaching in the ECHL will be playing in the AHL next year, so I doubt he will just change teams.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wanted to see Didier and Lernout in action, so I paid to watch a replay of the last game vs OC. Here's the lines although they got all mixed up in the 3rd.

Thomas Dumont Tangradi
Bowman Hensick Sorkin
Carr Hudon Ghetto
Crisp Dowell McNally

Shea Dietz
Ellis Lernout
Bennett Didier

I was impressed with Didier, thought he had a good game especially on the PK which was good all night long. He moved well and of course got his first AHL point. Thought it was smart to put him with Bennett since they both played in the NCAA. Lernout wasn't as impressive, he was running around a bit too much but I thought he was skating well enough. Thought that Hudon and Ghetto were among the best forwards for the Dogs, not sure why they didn't play more. Carr played on their line but I didn't notice him at all until his scored a wicked backhander right after the game got tied up. Sorkin wasn't noticeable at all either but he's not under contract with the Habs so I didn't pay much attention to him.

Most disappointing player was easily Thomas, for someone that spent all that time in the NHL I thought he would look good but I barely noticed him. Crisp likely got the least amount of ice time for any Hamilton player, followed by McNally who was ok (his goal was a luck bounce, good job going to the front of the net at least) I also had hoped to see more from Bennett after a full season (first time I've seen the dogs since the 1st half of the season)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wanted to see Didier and Lernout in action, so I paid to watch a replay of the last game vs OC. Here's the lines although they got all mixed up in the 3rd.

Thomas Dumont Tangradi
Bowman Hensick Sorkin
Carr Hudon Ghetto
Crisp Dowell McNally

Shea Dietz
Ellis Lernout
Bennett Didier

I was impressed with Didier, thought he had a good game especially on the PK which was good all night long. He moved well and of course got his first AHL point. Thought it was smart to put him with Bennett since they both played in the NCAA. Lernout wasn't as impressive, he was running around a bit too much but I thought he was skating well enough. Thought that Hudon and Ghetto were among the best forwards for the Dogs, not sure why they didn't play more. Carr played on their line but I didn't notice him at all until his scored a wicked backhander right after the game got tied up. Sorkin wasn't noticeable at all either but he's not under contract with the Habs so I didn't pay much attention to him.

Most disappointing player was easily Thomas, for someone that spent all that time in the NHL I thought he would look good but I barely noticed him. Crisp likely got the least amount of ice time for any Hamilton player, followed by McNally who was ok (his goal was a luck bounce, good job going to the front of the net at least) I also had hoped to see more from Bennett after a full season (first time I've seen the dogs since the 1st half of the season)

Thanks, your reports are always very much appreciated :handclap:. What did you think of the two young Dmen as far as physicality was concerned ?Do they look like they can hold their own ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad