Sportsnet: Habs trying to trade Mark Streit

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Galchenyuk + Streit + 2nd for Shipachyov + Theodore + Lotto protected 1st

or what about

Galchenyuk + Streit for Shipachyov + Schmidt + 1st
both are terrible for the team that isn the habs.

Galchenyuk and Theodore are close. consider that when throing in a 2nd from the habs, and a 1st + shipachov from vegas

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Streit is garbage, can't believe Bergevin thought he was worth $700,000. Either trade Mark for an AHL forward or send him to the minors.

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
They can wave him and bury his 700K, but Laval already has too many veterans, not an ideal situation. If they can get a non veteran AHL body for him it would help. Doesn't negate the fact that this signing was very foolish, should have gone the PTO route if at all.

Bargain bin strikes again....fool.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Bergevin thought a struggling ahl goalie could do an ok job replacing the best goalie in the world in the year price went down. This is nothing compared to getting Scrivens.

OMG, you did NOT just go there did you. If I can figure out how to do it (I'm old and don't keep up with the tech savvy kids nowadays) I'm adding you as one of my favorite posters, lol

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
lol at an expansion team giving up their first round pick.

I'll throw a kidney in with Galchenyuk and Streit if it returns Theodore and Shipachyov

Sorry but your kidney is only worth 10g on the open market, it really doesn't add much value to the trade

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I can think of 5 million reasons.
084.png

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
OMG, you did NOT just go there did you. If I can figure out how to do it (I'm old and don't keep up with the tech savvy kids nowadays) I'm adding you as one of my favorite posters, lol
Wait.......
We can have favorite posters???

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
May as well try trading him, he can be waived and buried at no cost. Doubt anyone takes a flyer on him but if you checked the thread where they signed him in the summer you would have seen that this was evaluated as a "no-risk" move, which is exactly what it still is.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Bergevin is a bad GM. Don't understand why Molson gave him that Pejorative Slured extension. He has managed IMO to make the Habs worse and older since taking over

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Streit was the Penguins #8 defensemen with Letang injured last year. That should just about sum up his effectiveness as a player at this point. The dude is done.

Yup and the game he came in, he went back out right after. The guy is done. No idea what the habs management saw in him

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
It should be interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe a team like Toronto that needs some defensive depth offers a conditional 7th. The condition might be winning the Cup.

Future considerations..."Next time Matthews scores a hat trick vs you guys we'll buy you a beer"

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Trade him for a 7th in 2063. That'll give Bergevin something to look forward to.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It should be interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe a team like Toronto that needs some defensive depth offers a conditional 7th. The condition might be winning the Cup.
If we needed a useless plug, we could just recall Marincin.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Streit's had a good career but this was a very ? decision by Montreal to sign him this summer. Doubt any team will take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad