Sportsnet: Habs trying to trade Mark Streit

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Semin wasn't on a 35+ contract. Streit is. When you turn 35, contract flexibility really decreases. That's the difference here. Habs won't get any cap relief unless they can trade the contract, which they won't be able to.

If it's mutual agreement, it's ok. Still, someone needs to read the CBA about Mutual termination on 35+ contract.

EDIT: We will see, but I'm almost 100% certain that he can be terminate with a mutual agreement a la Semin. I think that's what will happen. See you in 2 days...

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
If it's mutual agreement, it's ok. Still, someone needs to read the CBA about Mutual termination on 35+ contract.

EDIT: We will see, but I'm almost 100% certain that he can be terminate with a mutual agreement a la Semin. I think that's what will happen. See you in 2 days...

35+ contract requires the following

1- Age 35+ when signed
2- Multi year contract.

Streit isn't since he signed 1 year.
Marleau is a 35+ contract since he signed 3 years.

If he was signed for multiple years, it will count on the cap regardless of the agreement

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
35+ contract requires the following

1- Age 35+ when signed
2- Multi year contract.

Streit isn't since he signed 1 year.
Marleau is a 35+ contract since he signed 3 years.

If he was signed for multiple years, it will count on the cap regardless of the agreement

Thanks for the clear explanation.

I still recall the explanation that a 35+ contract cap-hit will stay even if the player is abducted by aliens. So defining a 35+ contract is pretty important.

Reactions: llamateizer

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I can't wait till Bergevin gets fired. What a f***ing horrific GM.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Signs a 40 yo for 1y/700k, proceeds to try to get rid of him after a grand total of 4 games into the season. GM of the year candidate.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I was horribly disappointed when I heard we were interested in this old bum. Was even more shocked when we just threw him a contract. This could've been avoided if we just gave him a PTO.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bergevin is such an idiot. Total waste of space signing and everyone but this guy knew it.

1 million in dead cap space money that he could have used on Markov. Long live Bergevin.....

Officialy, this is the last year of MB in Mtl........ too much bad decisions

Found this on the Habs board :laugh:

DL9ARjPW4AAgWAH.jpg

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Gagner is that bad? AGAIN???

I'm in Europe now, so I rarely catch west coast games. I thought he was gonna do well after a decent season with the jackets?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad