Sportsnet: Habs trying to trade Mark Streit

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Apparently the 900 Habs fans on HF Boards who knew that Streit wasn't going to pan out, knew more than old Bargain Bin did about the player. Nice work Bargain Bin.

Lets see which one of the league powerhouses want in on Mark Streit. The auction starts.... NOW.

What a complete moron we have for a GM. Like Ricky, from Trailer Park Boys, he doesn't have his Grade 10, and I figure they're roughly the same IQ.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
michael-jordan-laugh.gif

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I love Mark Streit, but...
Seriously, his signing made sense if the was to be a player-coach in the AHL, in order to be grown-up as a future coach or something. Not to replace Andrei Markov on the NHL roster. That should've been obvious in July 2016, let alone July 2017.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
MTL GM needs to be fired---I am a leaf fan, and my opinion he screwed you guys for the long haul. He got rid of skill in speed for size and less skill. Look how it has panned out. The only real scoring threat is patches, drouin, and plekanec. Really quite sad. Wasting prime years of having the best NHL goal-tender. For me Weber is good in all, but the rest of the guys are not offensive or skilled enough to get him the puck for a clear shot. I have watched the games and apart from one period vs CHI they look really bad. Funny thing too, against CHI they had all those shots and could not finish it. That is what I mean by really 3 guys are being relied on for all the offense. In addition I dont know who would want Streit at that age and price tag of 5.2 million OUCH

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Fine, any team that can use a #7 D can offer a conditional 7th round pick for him. The condition is if they win the Cup, otherwise no pick.
That would still cost a contract slot and possibly a 7th rounder. I don't see how even the contract slot is justified.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It was abundantly clear Streit was done after he returned from the detached pubic plate. I cant believe ole' Bargain Bin Bergevin let Markov walk and signed Streit.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lol. Bergevin thought Streit was going to be a sufficient replacement for Markov

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
LOL but I was told on the Habs board that it was no big deal signing him Habs could bury him in the minors.

What a waste, they should have signed Markov from the start but that ship has sailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->