Speculation: Habs Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Pipe dream but as much as we suck right now with 30+M$ injured, I think we might be buyers by the TDL, though we'll see in a few weeks, we're what, 7 points out of the playoffs? There's like 130 points still on the table.
the worst thing the team could do would be to turn it around a bit and fall out of the top ten pick range . then we won't make the playoffs, draft at the end of the first round and lose a top ten pick .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Hab fans that think Chiarot will get a 1st are clowns basing there stupid reasoning on “Savard got a 1st last year”.

Trade prices are based on supply and demand like anything else. Players that are targeted at the trade deadline are the best UFAs from teams that will not make the playoffs. Teams that are looking to add are the top 2 or 3 teams with real shots at the cup (TB, Vegas, Colorado) looking to add depth for shorty term help for a playoff run. They don’t have plans to resign the player and are fine at letting them go at the end of the year cause they already have a group of dmen that already made their team a top contender. Teams that are in the hunt aren’t going to trade there own top end UFA dmen.

So if we look back at last years UFA dmen,.

Hamilton (Carolina not getting traded at the deadline)
Ditto Oleksiak, Larson, Suter, Ceci, Poolman, Forbort, kulikov, etc

That leaves Savard at the top, Haminic Goligoski, type of players.

let’s look at this years UFA dmen

Subban, Letang, Girodano, Boychuk, Stralman, Leddy, Ristolainen, Dekeyser, Dehaan, Klingberg, Manson, lindholm, maata, Miller, Butcher, Murphy, Edler……all UFA dmen on teams that will likely be on teams that are not on clear contenders, and most not ebven bubble teams. There is lots of supply, and demand will be the real contenders. Ben Chiarot is not going to be passing those players to be the prize UFA demand at trade deadline.

So it is time for you clowns to go back to the circus.
half the players on your list suck and shouldn't be in the playoffs . and who are you calling a clown ? are there any moderators on this site anymore ?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Talking about Anderson and only bringing up points is very disingenuous ...

Montreal doesn't need a peripheral scoring winger at that insane price. We have Hoffman and Toffoli now + Caufield on his way back.
Our 1st is top 5 right now and Romanov is looking like a second pairing dman lately. You're out of your mind. Even without Anderson that would be highway robbery.

Lol what's your counter-argument for saying that Anderson and Boeser are equal or even close in value then (as OP suggested)? I don't see any. Is he Mark Stone or Brad Marchand in that he has such a strong two-way game that it would elevate him to Brock's level? I get that roster construction-wise Boeser isn't a fit, but I'm just showing how much highway robbery OP tried to pull on Vancouver (along with addressing our roster needs, which can't be ignored either if we're trading the only player who's been an NHL all-star). We need Romanov or another young two-way D-man coming back, and him alone won't be enough (another of Vancouver's weaknesses is RH C, but I doubt Evans has the high ceiling to warrant a return which, along with Romanov, wouldn't look like pennies on the dollar if more wasn't added in return).

Also say what you want about a slumping player having depressed value, when trades actually happen you still see the team acquiring them shelling out assets -- and if you (or OP) want Brock, then it shouldn't be any different in this case.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would feel comfortable with Oilers trading for Price in this scenario:

Oilers

2022 1st
2023 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2024 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2025 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2026 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.

FOR

Carey Price half retained.
That is lot of conditions.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Hab fans that think Chiarot will get a 1st are clowns basing there stupid reasoning on “Savard got a 1st last year”.

Trade prices are based on supply and demand like anything else. Players that are targeted at the trade deadline are the best UFAs from teams that will not make the playoffs. Teams that are looking to add are the top 2 or 3 teams with real shots at the cup (TB, Vegas, Colorado) looking to add depth for shorty term help for a playoff run. They don’t have plans to resign the player and are fine at letting them go at the end of the year cause they already have a group of dmen that already made their team a top contender. Teams that are in the hunt aren’t going to trade there own top end UFA dmen.

So if we look back at last years UFA dmen,.

Hamilton (Carolina not getting traded at the deadline)
Ditto Oleksiak, Larson, Suter, Ceci, Poolman, Forbort, kulikov, etc

That leaves Savard at the top, Haminic Goligoski, type of players.

let’s look at this years UFA dmen

Subban, Letang, Girodano, Boychuk, Stralman, Leddy, Ristolainen, Dekeyser, Dehaan, Klingberg, Manson, lindholm, maata, Miller, Butcher, Murphy, Edler……all UFA dmen on teams that will likely be on teams that are not on clear contenders, and most not ebven bubble teams. There is lots of supply, and demand will be the real contenders. Ben Chiarot is not going to be passing those players to be the prize UFA demand at trade deadline.

So it is time for you clowns to go back to the circus.

I guess The Habs fans should ignore the actual insiders who said he could easily get a 1st and listen to some guy on the internet who has no real inside knowledge at all.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I guess The Habs fans should ignore the actual insiders who said he could easily get a 1st and listen to some guy on the internet who has no real inside knowledge at all.
At least he spelled Chiarot not a burning fiery chariot like some believers do.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I would feel comfortable with Oilers trading for Price in this scenario:

Oilers

2022 1st
2023 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2024 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2025 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2026 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.

FOR

Carey Price half retained.
Make it simpler. Price 50% retained for Koskinen and a pick.

One is an elite goalie with issues, but could well make a return to give elite goaltending for a few years.

The other is a passable 1B, somewhat overpaid.

The pick might not be that high.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

One is an elite goalie with issues, but could well make a return to give elite goaltending for a few years.

Price at 50% is worth more than what you offer.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Read my post. Supply and demand. Savard was the best cheese sandwich available on the table at last years trade deadline so there was a fool who was starving who ate the cheese sandwich. I just named nearly 20 players who are UFAs this year on teams that will likely be sellers at the deadline, that are steak dinners compared to Chiarot being a stale piece of bread. There is no way someone will pass up those steak dinners to pay a 1st for Chiarot.

that is as simple as I can draw it out. If you can’t understand that…time to get back in the little car with the rest of the Habs fans trying tell themselves lies.

You overvalue a first, a late first is not worth much and every insider stated that Chiarot can bring a first. So far you look bad

Reactions: glenbuis

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Price away on rehab is the gamble in it.

I agree it's a gamble, though I think he's in good hands and he's got a good head on his shoulders, the fact he had to carry the Habs on his back for the last 10 years surely didn't help him mentally, especially in a pressure cooker like Montreal.

Still, at 50%, if he comes back healthy and has a couple good years left, it would be downright robbery from the Oilers.

Conditional picks should do the trick.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Who on that list sucks?
dekeyser, matta, dehaan, elder, murphy, butcher cannot handle the playoffs minutes that chariot would . boychuk is finished and klingberg will be resigned . bringing subban to a new team wouldn't be recommended either . letang giordano leddy and lindholm are the only ones better . lindholm will also be resigned most likely

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Sorry for chiming in late, but...Wright won't 'right the ship' he is not a McDavid. Quit your dreaming and live in the present!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Both teams need a big shakeup.
Both in difference conference.
A trade would make sense.

To Vancouver:
Brendan Gallagher (a local)
Jonathan Drouin
Christian Dvorak
Artturi Lehkonen

To Montreal:
JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Bo Horvat

... You could take out any one of those players coming from Vancouver and this is still hilariously awful for the Canucks.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Pipe dream but as much as we suck right now with 30+M$ injured, I think we might be buyers by the TDL, though we'll see in a few weeks, we're what, 7 points out of the playoffs? There's like 130 points still on the table.

They need a .714 points percentage to get 100 pts from here until end of season. Only top 4 teams are at that record right now. The Habs would have to overnight become a top 5 team in league and maintain that for next 63 games, with no NHL goalie currently on active roster.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I agree it's a gamble, though I think he's in good hands and he's got a good head on his shoulders, the fact he had to carry the Habs on his back for the last 10 years surely didn't help him mentally, especially in a pressure cooker like Montreal.

Still, at 50%, if he comes back healthy and has a couple good years left, it would be downright robbery from the Oilers.

Conditional picks should do the trick.
Yep, Carey is a sound bloke.

But find me a GM who wants to condition picks five years out. They just don't.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

I’d rather keep Price if that’s the return. Retaining on him means Montreal is saving nothing on goaltending once you replace him with another starter. Taking your crap goalie back and a pick that might not be that high is an insulting offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad