Speculation: Habs Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Easy and simple for a 1st at the TDL ala savard a year ago. Chariot also only makes 3.5M so he’s going to be able to fit into a lot of teams salary structure and he’s a good fit as a physical shutdown d come playoff time.

do any of these teams do it to bolster the backend
NYI - I feel they need a better D then chara
Cgy
Wpg
Phi

was thinking a team that will finish between 20-32

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Easy and simple for a 1st at the TDL ala savard a year ago. Chariot also only makes 3.5M so he’s going to be able to fit into a lot of teams salary structure and he’s a good fit as a physical shutdown d come playoff time.

Cgy
Wpg
Phi

Why would any team pay a 1st for him? Philly added a bunch of solid d pieces , and they don't need one.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Yep.

2 years ago, J. Brisebois started a trend by paying the high price for gritty players molded for the playoffs style of game.
Winning it all with this strategy (he already had talent, he needed a little grit).

NHL is a copycat league, last year TD:

- Toronto paid a 1st for Foligno
- TB paid a 1st for Savard

I think Chiarot fit perfectly in this mold, he proved it last summer.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg

Cgy
Wpg
Phi

Chevy would never in a million years give up a first for Chiarot. 4th at most.

You should be expecting a second at best. And that would be a big win for you guys.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
In the same mold of defensemen that should be available at the TDL, you have Mark Giordano who should be the #1 target from teams since he can also bring you some offense on the PP. then you have guys like Hampus Lindholm, Dekeyser, Miller. Not sure thats a favorable market to sell Chairot high and get a first. We probably get a 2nd + 4th, hopefully Im wrong.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm not sure the Savard trade is a good comparison for Chiarot in getting a 1st. Savard had years of really good play (although I'm not sure he was much better than Chiarot at the time he finally did get traded) and generated a fair bit of talk around the league well in advance. Chiarot really only has some good play next to much better D partners, and certainly isn't as well known a name.

Add on to that that the lack of play and thus scouting of the 2021 draft meant draft picks had lower value last season than they will this season.

That being said, it's not out of the question that some team desperately lacking size on D will pay for him.

Not a chance the Jets will pay a 1st for him though. Our LD is pretty set.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Blues will be in the market for a LD at the deadline but Chairot is not worth a 1st. As long as Lindholm and Giordano are on teams that won’t make the postseason and as long as Lindholm has not extended then the valuation of Chairot will remain lower.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

jrs

Oct 11, 2017

Cgy
Wpg
Phi

is Montreal giving the 1st?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I thought he and Petry were very good vs the Isles the other night.

Made me want Chariot on the Isles but I don't know about actually pursuing him. I think a puck moving dman would be better. Chariot is more of the same.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I thought he and Petry were very good vs the Isles the other night.

Made me want Chariot on the Isles but I don't know about actually pursuing him. I think a puck moving dman would be better. Chariot is more of the same.

I'm a habs fan but I have to say this. He can't run his own pairing unless he's on the third pair. I wouldn't know who you guys would pair him with but I think he would do really well with a decent 2 way D. He's really physical and pretty good defensively and he's passing is not bad either. But he can't skate with the puck and he has a terrible shot. His decision making on the blue line is average. All said and done he's a batter version of savard in almost every aspect. I think a 1st is decent value if you your team would make the finals. Besides that a 2nd and 3rd would be a good price. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Chiarot is a kind of player that teams want to get at the TDL for the playoff. In playoff, he's really useful and he can play big tough minutes at a really good price (Habs will probably retain 50 % of his contract so he would be at 1,8m). We got a 2nd + 4th for Scandella 2 yrs ago and Chiarot is better then him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Savard and Foligno got 1sts last year. Chiarot is great in the playoffs and if the Habs retain 50%, I do think a top team wouldn't mind giving up a 1st. I think he would be a great fit on the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad