To Montreal:
JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Bo Horvat
That is f***ing horrendous for Van

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Oh so next year the Oilers woN't ven have a goalie, considering Smith and Koskinen are gone... Who's going to play there?

Any UFA will cost 6M$ on a deal for a good #1 G (See Grubauer, etc...)

So, again, 4 X 6 for Price, or 6X6 for any other UFA you'll sign who'll probably end up worst anyways!

Smith has one more year and at this rate, we'll keep re-signing him until his 95.

Signing a goalie at 6 million a year vs. trading for Price considering Habs fans current asking price are completely different.

Reactions: TFHockey

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not sure that Chiarot is seen the same way Savard was when Savard got traded, I get the sense Savard has more pedigree league wide.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Weber and Chiarot played super heavy reliable minutes last playoffs. Teams seen this. The guy has been good on this year's miserable team as well. The guy for a stretch was playing like 30mins a night during the playoffs. That is huge for a team who say put him on the second pair and know they bring him up to top line in case of injuries and such.

Like the tweet said the guy is low maintenance and easy going guy.

Reactions: Burke the Legend

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Pipe dream but as much as we suck right now with 30+M$ injured, I think we might be buyers by the TDL, though we'll see in a few weeks, we're what, 7 points out of the playoffs? There's like 130 points still on the table.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
you realise our 1st round pick is a lottery pick.... it could very well be Shane Wright

Thank god you're NOT the GM if you would trade our pick for Boeser :laugh:
You’re not winning the lottery. I’d be ecstatic if I’m first turned out as good as Boeser. It’s not even close. Why do people overrate draft picks? Especially when trading for a first line winger under 25 years old lmao

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd love a 1st+ but probably similar to what Van gave up for him
Yeah I doubt he’s getting a 1st. Going rate for 2nd line wingers has been about a 2nd+3rd. I’d offer Zac Jones+Julien Gauthier which I’d say is worth a little more than a 2nd+3rd

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Habs but it's more about us retaining our skating forwards. Habs lack good skaters and we need Caufield in our pipeline IMO.
I think you should watch Puljujarvi video as he is a great skater plus is 6’4 and 220.
For the record Edm would say no on this deal.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
You’re not winning the lottery. I’d be ecstatic if I’m first turned out as good as Boeser. It’s not even close. Why do people overrate draft picks? Especially when trading for a first line winger under 25 years old lmao
Every one says this until it's time to trade their first round pick.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I don't think Chariot makes sense for Edmonton, especially given the suggested price tag. Besides, he's not the Habs blue liner the Oilers should be after.

Petry should be appealing to the Oilers. They need to upgrade on (or find a better fit than) Barrie. Petry's age, contract, and play this season means he shouldn't have too much trade value, and it makes sense for the Habs to deal him if Montreal wants a mini-rebuild with their aging players.

Toffoli makes sense too. Although, Edmonton would need to send salary back for either or both, which makes things tricky.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
People always think there first brings back an eichel like player but then neglect the 4 other pieces that comes with it. I started a thread already saying chariot gets a first. I stand by it and would wager someone gives more in a bidding war

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Trade prices are based on supply and demand like anything else. Players that are targeted at the trade deadline are the best UFAs from teams that will not make the playoffs. Teams that are looking to add are the top 2 or 3 teams with real shots at the cup (TB, Vegas, Colorado) looking to add depth for shorty term help for a playoff run. They don’t have plans to resign the player and are fine at letting them go at the end of the year cause they already have a group of dmen that already made their team a top contender. Teams that are in the hunt aren’t going to trade there own top end UFA dmen.

So if we look back at last years UFA dmen,.

Hamilton (Carolina not getting traded at the deadline)
Ditto Oleksiak, Larson, Suter, Ceci, Poolman, Forbort, kulikov, etc

That leaves Savard at the top, Haminic Goligoski, type of players.

let’s look at this years UFA dmen

Subban, Letang, Girodano, Boychuk, Stralman, Leddy, Ristolainen, Dekeyser, Dehaan, Klingberg, Manson, lindholm, maata, Miller, Butcher, Murphy, Edler……all UFA dmen on teams that will likely be on teams that are not on clear contenders, and most not ebven bubble teams. There is lots of supply, and demand will be the real contenders. Ben Chiarot is not going to be passing those players to be the prize UFA demand at trade deadline.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
@Brixton

Wors players got 1st from other teams than chariot. every year GMs waste their first pick into pretty much nothing.

Tampa gave a first for Savard and Savard can barely play in the NHL anymore.

How many years on this board we laughed at the deadline giving 1st for 3th liners with grit.

Also people got different opinions

Reactions: Doc5

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Pipe dream but as much as we suck right now with 30+M$ injured, I think we might be buyers by the TDL, though we'll see in a few weeks, we're what, 7 points out of the playoffs? There's like 130 points still on the table.

The Habs also have to pass 7 teams to get there. There’s basically a 0.0001% chance they make it. They’ll be sellers.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

8 pts behind and most teams have 4 or 6 games on hand on Montreal
The Habs also have to pass 7 teams to get there. There’s basically a 0.0001% chance they make it. They’ll be sellers.

Agreed, heck teams have 4 to 6 games on hand to catch up being already 7-8 pts ahead. not looking good for Montreal

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
@Brixton

Wors players got 1st from other teams than chariot. Stop calling people clown when every years GM waste their first pick into pretty much nothing.

Tampa gave a first for Savard and Savard can barely play in the NHL anymore.

How many years on this board we laughed at the deadline giving 1st for 3th liners with grit.

Also people got different opinions
Read my post. Supply and demand. Savard was the best cheese sandwich available on the table at last years trade deadline so there was a fool who was starving who ate the cheese sandwich. I just named nearly 20 players who are UFAs this year on teams that will likely be sellers at the deadline, that are steak dinners compared to Chiarot being a stale piece of bread. There is no way someone will pass up those steak dinners to pay a 1st for Chiarot.

[MOD]

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
I would feel comfortable with Oilers trading for Price in this scenario:

Oilers

2022 1st
2023 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2024 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2025 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.
2026 3rd with condition if Oilers win the Stanley Cup this year and Price pays at least half the playoff games, pick transfers to a 1st.

FOR

Carey Price half retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad