Rumor: Habs made an offer for Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I expect he plays for the Jets this season. These players have dealt with this kind of thing before with Trouba. They're pro hockey players, they understand it's a business.

Very possible. I'm curious to see how this plays out. I do think Dubois heart and mind are in Montreal but I also don't think he's going to be disruptive if he stays for a year or two.

Look at Petry with the Habs. Still respected but demanded a trade. Didn't happen at the deadline and it's not like was disgruntled about it. He understood it's business

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Very possible. I'm curious to see how this plays out. I do think Dubois heart and mind are in Montreal but I also don't think he's going to be disruptive if he stays for a year or two.

Look at Petry with the Habs. Still respected but demanded a trade. Didn't happen at the deadline and it's not like was disgruntled about it. He understood it's business

Yeah if Chevy doesn't get the price he wants he won't move him. It's not like Dubois is a UFA next season. The team has 2 years of control.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
What do you call trading Lehkonen, Chiarot, Toffoli, and Kulak at the deadline for picks/prospects and finishing 32nd?
Sounds like a tank to me
Probably referring to the fact that the goal wasn't t tank at the beginning of the season, this year it is

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Probably referring to the fact that the goal wasn't t tank at the beginning of the season, this year it is
Right. Well, whether or not it was the goal in October, it was certainly the result. This is tank year 2, is the point.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

Petry was pretty much a bad apple for the Habs all year long... No compete lvl, poor lvl of play, don't give a shit if a player ran his goalie. Dubois is going to start the year in peg, but won't finish it. The guy is going to be a distraction all year long.

Reactions: Riddum

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Petry was pretty much a bad apple for the Habs all year long... No compete lvl, poor lvl of play, don't give a shit if a player ran his goalie. Dubois is going to start the year in peg, but won't finish it. The guy is going to be a distraction all year long.

Petry was not himself yes but he was not a distraction to the team. Dubois playing uninspired? Possible yes

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Montreal already have a couple of nice pieces in place. They’re not going Buffalo & Edmonton tank style.

I don’t know why you are so angry about this. Any tine Guhle was mentioned by a Habs fan was to say he is not available for PLD. So why are you angry, lmao? You should be happy about it.

Lots of Jets fans have asked for him or Caufield as the main pieces. Both aren’t happening. You should just be happy he isn’t going to be part of the deal. At least there’s that settled
What makes you think I'm angry? I'm not at all

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Just seeing what mess PLD creates want to play for Montreal, I would laugh if Bedard says during this season, he only wanna sign with Vancouver and will refuse offers from any other teams, oh man the panics =D

If Bedard does what PLD does and says when I'm a UFA I'll go where I choose that would also be his right as an NHLer. And in 7 years he can go there.

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
What do you call trading Lehkonen, Chiarot, Toffoli, and Kulak at the deadline for picks/prospects and finishing 32nd?
Sounds like a tank to me
good management practices
1658325601461.png

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It feels wierd that Tampa broke their bank for players like Hagel and Coleman for just 2 years of control....
I stated many times, if PLD gets his head out of his ass and sign a 2 year deal around 6 to 6,5 mil, he will by the TDL next spring be out of Winnipeg. PLD at 3 to 3,5 mil for 2 playoff runs.....
I think Jets rather want dead cap of PLD than a dead corpse like Hoffman for 2 seasons
Hagel had dirt cheap contract why he went high

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Best guess is this ends just like the Copp situation with PLD being moved to a contender at the TDL of the next 2 years. The main difference is that Copp manned up and was a total professional.

Reactions: Pongs21

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Petry was not himself yes but he was not a distraction to the team. Dubois playing uninspired? Possible yes
Petry was the definition of a distraction. He finally shut his mouth when the coach was fired, but his play and attitude was embarrassing. I get the on ice was product was trash the first half of the season, but we gave him a pretty sweet retirement contract, the least he could do is act like a professional instead of giving up on the team and throwing a tantrum.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Sounds like a tank to me
Tanking means we purposefully threw the season to get the result we did - except we didn't do that. We finished dead last because of all the injuries we had. Of course we traded pieces when we knew the year was lost

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
All the major sports news are all on that PLD to Habs again today ...
Think this thing is getting close to be honest

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Unrelated but I do find it odd no one else (3rd team) has even been mentioned in the Dubois saga
Why would any team willingly pay the assets to get themselves involved with this diva when he's made it known he'll only entertain playing for the Habs?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
That's how I think it has to be read, as well.

To a certain extent, the current cap crunch means we can't even try to be competitive - you don't sign Gudbranson to 4x4 when you have no cap room. (and veteran D would really help right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad