Gulp - Crow back to IR (vertigo-like symptoms, may be out for the season)

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
“...when finding out about Crawford injury...”

Groin, concussion and other medical conditions still fit within the verbiage.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Honestly, outside of brain damage or him breaking the law (Corey Colander don't break no laws!), I don't care what is keeping him up. I just want him back as soon as possible (and at 100%).

You can tell me that he's been lost in a corn maze for the past three weeks or that he's joined a cult that required a few weeks of orientation. I don't give a f***. Just want him back.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
who knows but when I heard or read Q say that he anticipates Crow will be back prior to the end of the season I was like WHAT?

seriously what the heck is happening to this guy?

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Honestly, outside of brain damage or him breaking the law (Corey Colander don't break no laws!), I don't care what is keeping him up. I just want him back as soon as possible (and at 100%).

You can tell me that he's been lost in a corn maze for the past three weeks or that he's joined a cult that required a few weeks of orientation. I don't give a ****. Just want him back.
We all want him back, but only at 100%. Don't rush the guy if he still needs time. Let the rest of the core earn their paychecks for once this season.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't recall any instance of him appearing to sustain an upper body injury. Very strange that they have no timetable on his return. Almost has to be a concussion.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I don't recall any instance of him appearing to sustain an upper body injury. Very strange that they have no timetable on his return. Almost has to be a concussion.
Probably took an elbow in a mosh pit

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Let's not be rumor-mongers. We'd all love to know his status, but don't make any statements about any off the ice matters without a verifiable source putting their name to it first.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not sure if this has been posted but it certainly doesn't clear anything up.

"We’re always concerned about our teammates first, and then our team second,” Toews said, via the Daily Herald’s John Dietz. “Crow knows he’s trying to get better. He’s one of those guys that we know we can rely upon as a person, as a teammate.
”He’ll do what he can to get himself better, so he can get back to playing and get back and help our team.”

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure if this has been posted but it certainly doesn't clear anything up.

"We’re always concerned about our teammates first, and then our team second,” Toews said, via the Daily Herald’s John Dietz. “Crow knows he’s trying to get better. He’s one of those guys that we know we can rely upon as a person, as a teammate.
”He’ll do what he can to get himself better, so he can get back to playing and get back and help our team.”

That is a concerning comment to me but I don't want to speculate too much.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
That is a concerning comment to me but I don't want to speculate too much.
Yeah we can't speculate really but those words are kind of odd if he is referring to a physical injury or even a concussion. ”He’ll do what he can to get himself better, so he can get back to playing and get back and help our team.” Kind of odd for sure ...

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The comment Bobby posted is literally the same comment from the tweet.

I am not saying anybody knows the answer cause nobody knows, but from those comments? It doesn't look like just another injury to me.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think it's pretty obvious what's happening here.

This city has gotten so violent over the years that Crawford, with his millions of dollars, has bought himself a bullet proof suit and a utility belt and is fighting crime at night under the name of Colanderman.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Let's not be rumor-mongers. We'd all love to know his status, but don't make any statements about any off the ice matters without a verifiable source putting their name to it first.

Okay, I apparently need to post this again. Don't post rumors without valid sources. Some random poster on another site isn't a valid source.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The comment Bobby posted is literally the same comment from the tweet.

I am not saying anybody knows the answer cause nobody knows, but from those comments? It doesn't look like just another injury to me.

That's one way to read it, but I'd hardly call hockey players the most articulate or thoughtful folks on the planet. I could easily read that as Toews recognizing that Crow's dealing with an injury and trying to work his way through that off the ice. If there's anything more to read into that, your guess is as good as mine, but I'd hope that we wouldn't give credence to no-name rumor mongers at the very least until a verifiable source says anything to the contrary other than some kind of chronic injury.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why is everyone afraid to think it’s a concussion or afraid to even say it for that matter.

What we know: Upper body injury

This means its not a groin which can sometimes keep a goalie out for a non suspecting amount of time.

Upper body speaking, if it was his shoulder or hand or anything of that sort there would have been a return time table.

Only back and concussion are remaining that can keep him out indefinitely, I tend to go with the latter...

You people want to sit here and not “speculate” but narrowing it down can only lead to one or two things, so let’s face just face it, it’s most likely a concussion...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Speculation is one thing. I'm not saying that's not allowed, and in fact is only natural given how long Crow's been gone and how tight-lipped the Hawks have been. Off-ice matters is another thing, though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why is everyone afraid to think it’s a concussion or afraid to even say it for that matter.

What we know: Upper body injury

There are a lot of occurrences where when you get more concussions you start to lose mental quickness, coordination, impact eyesight, and it can even impact balance.

Do I think this is what is happening? Not really but that is most likely why people worry about it.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It seems that Crawford has had the problems ever since he took that shot to the head back in November I believe. It could very well be a concussion. Goaltending has not been a problem with the Hawks. It is the players out front that have been the big problems and mainly the core.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
It seems that Crawford has had the problems ever since he took that shot to the head back in November I believe. It could very well be a concussion. Goaltending has not been a problem with the Hawks. It is the players out front that have been the big problems and mainly the core.

He took another one to the head in one of the games during his brief return too.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don’t like the idea of opposing forwards playing whack-a-mole with Crawford in the playoffs. The shot from Weber, all of these recent incidents, it’s a lot of impact in a relatively short amount of time. Guy still brings it at the highest level though so no reason to doubt him. This is something to watch out for though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad