Gulp - Crow back to IR (vertigo-like symptoms, may be out for the season)

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I wonder if he was injured prior to the last 2 games (or in one of the last 2 games).

Still, Sucks. Hope he gets better soon.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It seems as though when he has a bad stretch of games he goes on IR. Makes me think or realize how important attrition is to the NHL season. Wonder how many guys who are having bad seasons are just playing hurt through the entire thing.

Tough guy stigma needs to go and these guys need to get healthy. Rather have half a season fully healthy rather than play with nagging injuries and be half what you could be.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think I detected he pulled a groin ..slow to get up aftercare save ladt game...

BTW
.....Kampf called up along with Glass ...Will they try Kampf as 1RW or use him as 3C? DO not think he was great at faceoffs..but he sure looked like he had the speed and compete to fill a shutdown C role in the checking dept...I would be interested to see a Hino Kampf Hartman 3rd line ...Keep rotating Sharp and Panik as 1RW...not as if Toews and Saad will score much anyway no matter who plays with them.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was hoping that Fortin would be the next call-up but Kampf showed in camp that he had good wheels and can use his good size for puck possession. It will be interesting how Q deploys he and Hino going forward.

Some questions that come to mind:
Was Sharpie's promotion to the first line a Q experiment to see if he can still play offense ... and a failure in Q's mind?
Will Sharp be the odd man out going forward, or will we see a rotation between Hino/Kampf/Sharp/Panik?
Will Panik (and perhaps Kempny) be on the trading block?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Tough guy stigma needs to go and these guys need to get healthy. Rather have half a season fully healthy rather than play with nagging injuries and be half what you could be.

I agree it’s better to have healthy players on the ice than not but as players hit their 30’s, the truth comes out about who has a strong body and who doesn’t. Obviously Crow’s in on the weak side and he wants to hide it. I love Corey but the injuries every single year these last few years should tell us something.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It seems as though when he has a bad stretch of games he goes on IR. Makes me think or realize how important attrition is to the NHL season. Wonder how many guys who are having bad seasons are just playing hurt through the entire thing.

You mean, you favor the country club? :sarcasm:

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I think I detected he pulled a groin ..slow to get up aftercare save ladt game...

BTW
.....Kampf called up along with Glass ...Will they try Kampf as 1RW or use him as 3C? DO not think he was great at faceoffs..but he sure looked like he had the speed and compete to fill a shutdown C role in the checking dept...I would be interested to see a Hino Kampf Hartman 3rd line ...Keep rotating Sharp and Panik as 1RW...not as if Toews and Saad will score much anyway no matter who plays with them.

I have watched Kampf few times Live/Hogs... Unofficially- he was great at the dot... seemed to win maybe 60%+ (unofficially)...

I loved him in pre-season for Hawks... One game started with Saad/Panik... Kampf was great (albeit vs. 2nd team guys) with those 2...

I thought Kampf should have made team out of camp... With that siad... Hogs games- he played well... BUT- had two HORRIBLE turnovers... so- Hawks made right decision "seasoning" in AHL

But- as badly/weak as Toews looks at times... I would be perfectly fine with Kampf getting solid 3-5 game look... and even getting shifts with "1st Line guys" pushing 19 down to 2nd/3rd C

Reactions: ModryJazyk

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
200.gif

Reactions: Rooh

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Seems pretty obvious they rushed him back from his last injury.

But... I mean it's hard to blame them. If Corey Crawford doesn't play great, this team doesn't win. That's basically been the story of the season.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Should look into moving him for a good package, team isnt going anywhere with him healthy anyway

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You're utterly ridiculous. He's essentially the only reason we're battling for a playoff spot.
i would like to add, any team, needs their #1 goalie to do anything when it comes to winning and losing, even the Bhawks.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The wheels have about fallen off for this season. Squeaking into the playoffs seems to be the limit for this bunch and that will be very difficult. Aging underperforming vets, players not seeming to fit together, young guys very inconsistent, very questionable coaching, bad luck. We had a great run but to get out of this mess and back to a contending team looks impossible for a while with all these aging vets on NMC contracts. These vets cant carry this team anymore.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The wheels have about fallen off for this season. Squeaking into the playoffs seems to be the limit for this bunch and that will be very difficult. Aging underperforming vets, players not seeming to fit together, young guys very inconsistent, very questionable coaching, bad luck. We had a great run but to get out of this mess and back to a contending team looks impossible for a while with all these aging vets on NMC contracts. These vets cant carry this team anymore.
that is called progression

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yes, but not contending.

Time to think about the future

Yeah, I agree. These injuries worry me that he will not be able to keep this peak performance up as long as one would hope. If you traded him now, we go full tank for the best draft in years. It’s something to consider. You’d hate to look back and say we should have done something while we still could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->