Gulp - Crow back to IR (vertigo-like symptoms, may be out for the season)

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
It would be epically stupid, if not criminally insane, to put Crawford back out there this season.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It would be epically stupid, if not criminally insane, to put Crawford back out there this season.
this is me and not really knowing the injury that Craw has been experiencing. so if it is a concussion problem, then let him sit out the rest of the season. this season is lost, let him heal for next season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Crawford is traveling with the team. I really hope he's shut down the rest of the year and this is just a "I wanna be near my teammates" type of thing.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I suspect we will see Crawford again this year. I know this will anger some fans here, but the reality is if he's given a complete bill of health, I don't really see a problem with it.

Reactions: DPHawk

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Crawford is traveling with the team. I really hope he's shut down the rest of the year and this is just a "I wanna be near my teammates" type of thing.

I’d have to imagine that means he’s playing sometime soon then. Wouldn’t make any sense for someone who hasn’t fully recovered from vertigo to be getting on a flight.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
If he is going to play again this year, I'll have to give the organization the benefit of the doubt and assume his injury isn't related to a concussion or blow to the head.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I suspect we will see Crawford again this year. I know this will anger some fans here, but the reality is if he's given a complete bill of health, I don't really see a problem with it.
If he's healthy, of course...and not rushed.

Even still, if he plays this season again I'm expecting rust--and possibly not completely shaken off before the end of the year...and of course no help from the skaters (why would they start now?).

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If he is going to play again this year, I'll have to give the organization the benefit of the doubt and assume his injury isn't related to a concussion or blow to the head.

The only insider who uttered the "c" word was Scotty and he stated that he was only guessing. Hence it's possible that it wasn't a concussion at all. The wording by Toews in describing the situation really muddied the waters.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
True. I was on vacation during that time period, but I thought I'd read that he took a slapshot to the head in a game. Gave up 3 quick goals in the next, before being pulled, and then went on IR after the break. I guess I made the assumption that the "vertigo-like symptoms" were a result of that head shot. If they've linked it to something else and it's cleared up or being managed then by all means, get him back out there.

I guess it's also possible that the post concussion syndrome and vertigo-like stuff was just floated out there as cover for whatever is/was going on.

Anyway, I hope all's well that ends well. Crow is probably my favorite Hawk now that Hossa and Hjammer are gone.

Edit:. Just saw Crow's post morning skate comments. I go back to my original position. Epically stupid, criminally insane if he plays again this season!

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I just can’t think of anything that would have orginally kept him out for as long as the rest of the season being resolved to the point where he’s coming back for the last 6 weeks of a lost season. He should stay out at this point. We need to give Forsberg games anyway. If he does come back, split starts and ease him in.

On a related note, I’d take a look at Hutton on a 2 year deal around 3M AAV. We need 2 good goalies to make the playoffs.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
To me the injury question is a simple yes or a no question.

If he's not healthy enough to play then he doesn't play obviously. But if doctors have legitimately cleared him, I think it's unrealistic to expect him not to play. Guys get hurt all the time and they have to come back at some point, and their teams aren't always in the thick of a playoff hunt when they are ready to return.

Crow like any other player will want to return when hes able to.

Reactions: DPHawk

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
CC's interview yesterday...didn't sound so sure of himself regarding returning, and he seemed a little verbally unsure of himself. Also, contrary to speculation here, totally didn't sound like substance abuse. However, really sounded like a concussion or similar.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We're so far out of it that I would be shocked if the Hawks wanted to rush him back unless he was 100% ready, so I'm not too worried about the notion of him coming back too soon. If he does play again this year, I'd think it'd be a sign that he's a) healthy again and b) actually wants to play again and not have such a long time off heading into the offseason.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There was a follow up tweet that clarified that the question was, "was their any concern the injury is career threatening" for what its worth.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, it’s probably safe to say he will not be coming back this year. We are so obviously tanking too. Let’s try Oesterle on Kane’s line.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
There was a follow up tweet that clarified that the question was, "was their any concern the injury is career threatening" for what its worth.
let me clarify my question.

is this now going forward or was it at the time of the injury..... that is where i am a little confuse.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Well, it’s probably safe to say he will not be coming back this year. We are so obviously tanking too. Let’s try Oesterle on Kane’s line.
total agreement, if there is concerns, let him heal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad