GSN's Blame Game

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought I saw Pyatt on the ice for the third NJ goal and he was late getting to the shooter.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Game 11 (NJD):

GA4: I thought Condon was out of position. Way too much to the right of the net. 0.5 for Condon.

I thought the same. Condon was super slow with his glove hand too, he seemed to be deliberately keeping it low.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought I saw Pyatt on the ice for the third NJ goal and he was late getting to the shooter.
Little picky .. he would have had to be glued to him to be there on time ; Gibbons fired it as soon as he got it.. Thompson could have been harder on Zacha on the wall too.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Holy shit, this is going to be hard to keep track of all the goals. But let's give it a try. I might have forgotten a bunch.

Game 12 (MTL)

GA1: Karlsson is a pylon, and Andy lets in a good shot. 0.5 for both.
GA2: God damn goalies, playing the god damn puck. 1.0 for Andy.
Ga3: Oduya gambles and loses. 0.5 to him.
GA4: Karlsson is weak on the puck and then loses his positioning. Karlsson 1.0.
GA5: Karlsson tries to do too much and gets caught to provide a breakaway to Galchenyuk. Karlsson 1.0.
GA6: Karlsson loses puck in the o-zone, Stone loses battle with Gallagher, Ceci stands there and waves his stick. 0.5 to all 3.
GA7: Karlsson forces the puck across, Dzingel loses the battle. 0.5 each
GA8: Dido is slow and loses Lehkonen. 0.5 to Dido.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Holy ****, this is going to be hard to keep track of all the goals. But let's give it a try. I might have forgotten a bunch.

Game 12 (MTL)

GA1: Karlsson is a pylon, and Andy lets in a good shot. 0.5 for both.
GA2: God damn goalies, playing the god damn puck. 1.0 for Andy.
Ga3: Oduya gambles and loses. 0.5 to him.
GA4: Karlsson is weak on the puck and then loses his positioning. Karlsson 1.0.
GA5: Karlsson tries to do too much and gets caught to provide a breakaway to Galchenyuk. Karlsson 1.0.
GA6: Karlsson loses puck in the o-zone, Stone loses battle with Gallagher, Ceci stands there and waves his stick. 0.5 to all 3.
GA7: Karlsson forces the puck across, Dzingel loses the battle. 0.5 each
GA8: Dido is slow and loses Lehkonen. 0.5 to Dido.

Gold star for effort. The boys really made you work tonight.

Also, how do you give .5 goal blame to three guys on the same goal?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I mentioned in the first posting of this, that it's possible to get more than 1.0 total points if more than 2 guys are at fault. Maybe not the most perfect system, but I don't want to get into low decimals. It's either 1.0 or 0.5. Sort of like sacks in Football.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bell on team 1200 pointed out that on the Anderson giveaway, both Karlsson and Wideman were in the same corner, meaning Anderson had no reverse option. Anderson may not be 100% at fault there, his D put him in a no win situation.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Bell on team 1200 pointed out that on the Anderson giveaway, both Karlsson and Wideman were in the same corner, meaning Anderson had no reverse option. Anderson may not be 100% at fault there, his D put him in a no win situation.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but Anderson could have moved the puck sooner. He hesitated, and hesitated. I still think it's pretty much all on Andy.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, I noticed that as well, but Anderson could have moved the puck sooner. He hesitated, and hesitated. I still think it's pretty much all on Andy.
To be fair, he hesitated because his D didn't give him good options. Anderson certainly deserves a point against, but this is one of those cases where another players actions create a cascading effect leading to the ultimate error.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
To be fair, he hesitated because his D didn't give him good options. Anderson certainly deserves a point against, but this is one of those cases where another players actions create a cascading effect leading to the ultimate error.

Oh sure, Karlsson and Wideman might have started the chain of events but if Andy did absolutely anything other than what he did, we probably would not been discussing this right now.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Little picky .. he would have had to be glued to him to be there on time ; Gibbons fired it as soon as he got it.. Thompson could have been harder on Zacha on the wall too.

Yes, Pyatt should have been closer to him when the pass was made instead of where he was which was near nobody. The shot was taken at the top of the facoff circle and Pyatt was doing nothing where he was located. Yes, Thompson could have been harder on the wall but he was out-numbered.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Goven that some games award 2 points whereas other games award 3 points, it is simply karma for the GSN exercise.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 13 (DET):

Can't give any blame points as it was a 6 on 4 goal. No one really to blame.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 14 (LVK):

GA1: Tuch PP goal. Oduya loses puck, Claesson gets walked, Andy is weak. 0.5 to each.
GA2: Haula scores as the PP expires. Can't really blame anyone, maybe Andy for spilling the rebound, but I feel that's harsh.
GA3: Marschessault scores on the PP. Tough break as the initial shot is partially blocked then pushed to the side. I'm leaning on no blame.
GA4: Karlsson scores on Andy's weakness, the wraparound. 0.5 for Andy.
GA5: PP goal. Karlsson flails at the slow pass, Andy just sits there instead of following the puck. 0.5 each.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 15 (COL):

GA1: PP goal, Pyatt partly screens Andy. Can't really blame anyone.
GA2: Shot from the point, Karlsson should have tied up the stick better. 0.5 to Karlsson
GA3: Smith and Duchene get too agressive and run into each other creating a 3 on 2. Both 0.5.

Reactions: Uchiha

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 16 (COL):

Can't really blame anyone truthfully. 1st goal SH, bad bounce creates a breakaway. 2nd goal PP, that wasn't anyone's fault. 3rd goal luck bounce over Condon.

Game 17 (PIT):

1 GA: Stone turnover behind the net, Phaneuf doesn't tie up Hornqvist. 0.5 each
2 GA: Tipped shot from the top. I can't really blame anyone.
3 GA: empty net. Can't really blame anyone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Game 16 (COL):

Can't really blame anyone truthfully. 1st goal SH, bad bounce creates a breakaway. 2nd goal PP, that wasn't anyone's fault. 3rd goal luck bounce over Condon.

Game 17 (PIT):

1 GA: Stone turnover behind the net, Phaneuf doesn't tie up Hornqvist. 0.5 each
2 GA: Tipped shot from the top. I can't really blame anyone.
3 GA: empty net. Can't really blame anyone.
I know many may not agree,, but p9 tying up Hornqvist can go either way at least there are 2 schools of thought on it,, one is if Phaneuf engages with Hornqvist it would create a really bad screen,,, If he can move him out of there ... without getting a penalty that would be ok.. engaging and tying him up; Anderson would not have been able to see a thing.. so its not cut and dried his fault for not

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I know many may not agree,, but p9 tying up Hornqvist can go either way at least there are 2 schools of thought on it,, one is if Phaneuf engages with Hornqvist it would create a really bad screen,,, If he can move him out of there ... without getting a penalty that would be ok.. engaging and tying him up; Anderson would not have been able to see a thing.. so its not cut and dried his fault for not

Yeah, I hear you but Andy was screened pretty badly anyways. While I was writing I was debating whether P9 or Oduya should get the blame as neither did anything really. No box out, tying of the sticks, or pushing the players out. They just kind of stood there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why bother having Dmen in tight at all if they aren't going to do anything... I guess he's just there for the rebounds? Tie up the stick, box him out, do something imo. If the screen gets so bad Andy can't see, well at least there's a better chance the shot gets blocked. Allowing opposition free reign of the ice 6 feet from our net is not an option.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why bother having Dmen in tight at all if they aren't going to do anything... I guess he's just there for the rebounds? Tie up the stick, box him out, do something imo. If the screen gets so bad Andy can't see, well at least there's a better chance the shot gets blocked. Allowing opposition free reign of the ice 6 feet from our net is not an option.
I looked at the goal again on DTMTS. I had initially confused Hornqvist with Sheahan who was standing 1/2 inch in front of Andy... Phaneuf an Hornqvist were out further , Hornqvist was moving around , and Phaneuf simply could not follow him .,.He did try to hook him from his relatively stagnant position.. he could have got closer to him but Hornqvist was moving and had just moved into the position where he tipped it. You can blame Phaneuf if you like but ,,, I don't think he was able to stay with Hornqvist anyway.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 18 (PHX)
GA1: Unfortunate bounce. If Karlsson misses the puck it probably goes in the corner and nothing come out of it. I have a hard time blaming anyone, maybe Karlsson for letting Duclair have a breakaway. 0.5 Karlsson
GA2: 100% Condon. 1.0 for Condy
GA3: Ceci playing way to soft, Condon can't make the save. 0.5 each

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 19 (NYR):

GA1: Claesson loses the puck in the corner, Hoffman gets sucked in the middle, losing his positioning. 0.5 each.
GA2: Bobby doesn't tie up or do anything to Grabner, Paul loses positioning and lets Stall have all the time in the world. 0.5 each.
GA3: Even though it's an empty net goal, don't know why Phaneuf was trying to force the puck in the middle. 0.5 to him.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 20 (WSH):

GA1: Karlsson goes into no man's land and loses positioning. Claesson fails to tie up the stick of Vrana. 0.5 each
GA2: Ceci is either lazy or just fell asleep, gives Ovechkin a breakaway. 1.0 for Ceci
GA3: PP goal. It was a scramble and a broken play. Can't blame anyone.
GA4: Ceci is out of position, Andy lets in a good shot but from a bad angle. 0.5 each.

Reactions: Uchiha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad