GSN's Blame Game

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
OP you didn't reply to my post #65

Game 7 (NJD)

GA 1: Claesson loses puck, Brassard loses man. 0.5 each
GA 2: Anderson doesn't play the bounce off the backboards well. JGP loses man. 0.5 each
GA 3 and 4: Stone turnovers lead directly to goals. 2 for Stone.
GA 5: bad change but Andy should have had it. Anderson 1.

GA 1 : Actually it's Claesson who makes Anderson lose balance. I was wondering at first sight why Andy was doing the fish. I'd say Claesson deserves 0.5 but not sure Brassard deserves that much as many other players were partially to blame to.

GA 2 : garbage goal but that one is on Andy. Many things happened at the same time so he got fooled but he has the hardest job in the game. He must be so scared to get scored on it, that he was going already for the wrap-around and he lost his stick at the same time so he lost balance. Easy garbage goal for Nico who just had to out muscle Pageau who deserves some blame too but not as much as Andy. It should have been a routine play. But ok with 0.5 to JGP and 0.5 to Anderson.

GA 3 : Stone loses the puck in the neutral zone, at the same time, Oduya is changing with Phaneuf but why is Karlsson leaving his position for absolutely no reason? He created all kind of confusion and Stone who got fooled by Hall on that play... Another HM to Pageau who is soft again on the play. Stone : 0.5 - Karlsson : 0.5

GA 4 : Very lucky bounce but still bad choice of play by Stone 0.5

GA 5 : Boucher 0.5, Andy 0.5. Not the easiest stop to make but when a puck goes through you, it's not a good goal. Boucher bad line change and bad matchups.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
OP you didn't reply to my post #65

GA 1 : Actually it's Claesson who makes Anderson lose balance. I was wondering at first sight why Andy was doing the fish. I'd say Claesson deserves 0.5 but not sure Brassard deserves that much as many other players were partially to blame to.

GA 2 : garbage goal but that one is on Andy. Many things happened at the same time so he got fooled but he has the hardest job in the game. He must be so scared to get scored on it, that he was going already for the wrap-around and he lost his stick at the same time so he lost balance. Easy garbage goal for Nico who just had to out muscle Pageau who deserves some blame too but not as much as Andy. It should have been a routine play. But ok with 0.5 to JGP and 0.5 to Anderson.

GA 3 : Stone loses the puck in the neutral zone, at the same time, Oduya is changing with Phaneuf but why is Karlsson leaving his position for absolutely no reason? He created all kind of confusion and Stone who got fooled by Hall on that play... Another HM to Pageau who is soft again on the play. Stone : 0.5 - Karlsson : 0.5

GA 4 : Very lucky bounce but still bad choice of play by Stone 0.5

GA 5 : Boucher 0.5, Andy 0.5. Not the easiest stop to make but when a puck goes through you, it's not a good goal. Boucher bad line change and bad matchups.

I still think Brassard is at fault partially for losing his man (Hishier). I'll add Karlsson for GA #3. GA#4 I still think it was 100% Stone. He shouldn't have made that difficult play. GA#5, I don't do coaches unfortunately.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 8 (TOR)

GA#1: Dzingel fails to clear, then fails to break up the play. 1 pt for Dzingel
GA#2: This one is tough. I think Brown is partly responsible for failing to at least staying with Matthews, then I think Phaneuf is out position and his gap control is bad. Although you could make the case that Karlsson could have played it better. I still lean towards 0.5 for Phaneuf and Brown.
GA#3: I'm leaning on not blaming anyone as it is a PP goal that is hard to blame on. Perhaps at Phaneuf for not block the shot, but that would be harsh.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just going from memory; There was very little back pressure on Matthews. He was allowed to skate unimpeded right up the middle of the ice.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
GA#2: This one is tough. I think Brown is partly responsible for failing to at least staying with Matthews, then I think Phaneuf is out position and his gap control is bad. Although you could make the case that Karlsson could have played it better. I still lean towards 0.5 for Phaneuf and Brown.

Interesting here Boucher talk about this one.

He mentions Brown being F3 and should be splitting the D, but he wasn't there. Boucher also mentions he had a good game and acknowledges he needs to play to learn from those mistakes. Phaneuf played it like he was supposed to.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 9 (LAK)

GA1 : I can't give Condon full blame as it was a knuckle puck. So 0.5.
GA2: Full blame points for Condon. Just a clusterf*** of a play from him. 1.0

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Game 9 (LAK)

GA2: Full blame points for Condon. Just a cluster**** of a play from him. 1.0

You`re forgetting about SOGA1 and SOGA2 (I know, there's nobody else on the ice so it's kind of pointless, but). Didn't look sharp on either, though that Kempe did have some slick hands on the second one. First SOGA he just came out too far and let the guy walk around him. It's a Shoot out, so I wouldn't ever give a full blame point, but he really didn't give us a chance in the shoot out either.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You`re forgetting about SOGA1 and SOGA2 (I know, there's nobody else on the ice so it's kind of pointless, but). Didn't look sharp on either, though that Kempe did have some slick hands on the second one. First SOGA he just came out too far and let the guy walk around him. It's a Shoot out, so I wouldn't ever give a full blame point, but he really didn't give us a chance in the shoot out either.

Yeah, I'm not counting shootout goals. It's pretty much either the goalie or not.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 10 (PHI):

GA1: Bad bounce, can't really blame anyone.
GA2: Bad dump in by Dido. Claeasson and Boro have a lazy change. 0.5 for each one of them.
GA3: Provorov scores. Maybe 0.5 to Anderson, but that's harsh. Thoughts on this one?
GA4: Oduya ices it for no reason. Then on the goal doesn't tie up Couturier. 1.0 for Oduya.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Game 10 (PHI):

GA2: Bad dump in by Dido. Claeasson and Boro have a lazy change. 0.5 for each one of them.
GA3: Provorov scores. Maybe 0.5 to Anderson, but that's harsh. Thoughts on this one?
GA4: Oduya ices it for no reason. Then on the goal doesn't tie up Couturier. 1.0 for Oduya.

I wouldn’t give Andy any on the third. Screened shot from a tough spot.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wouldn’t give Andy any on the third. Screened shot from a tough spot.
I agree. Somebody must have blown his coverage on that one, as Provorov got that puck back way too easily. But I'm going from memory so I don't know who should have been there.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I agree. Somebody must have blown his coverage on that one, as Provorov got that puck back way too easily. But I'm going from memory so I don't know who should have been there.

I think it might have been Pyatt.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Game 10 (PHI):

GA2: the bad dump by Dido put the 2 D in a bad position, trying to make a change in the other end of the ice when tired. Dido deserves a portion of the blame, possibly 0.5 for each of the 3 players.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
on the 1st goal Pageau had a pass picked off by Giroux in the ozone , the flyers went down on an odd man rush and scored.. That and he banked it in off Phaneuf.

http://www.dtmts.com/?id=2017020143&vid=53921803 see the goal starting about 4:10

Ok. 0.5 for JGP then.

GA2: the bad dump by Dido put the 2 D in a bad position, trying to make a change in the other end of the ice when tired. Dido deserves a portion of the blame, possibly 0.5 for each of the 3 players.

That's exactly what I said.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Game 9 (LAK)

GA2: Full blame points for Condon. Just a cluster**** of a play from him. 1.0

Agreed on both. He should have stopped the first shot but it was not a super easy save as the shooter was not that far out too

Game 10 (PHI):

- 1st goal against : bad turnover by Pageau in the offensive zone, created a 3 on 2. He should just have reversed it behind the Flyers net. And then it was just the unluckiest bounce you could get. Yeah no blame points

- 2nd goal against : just an awful bench change. Didomenico should have put it deeper in the Flyers zone but the whole team is to blame here. Borowiecki was going way too slow to the bench. Just pure laziness for a few guys. Can't have both the defense and forwards change at the same time when your bench is in the other zone... particularly when the puck isn't behind the other team's net. Dido 0.5, Boro 0.5

- 3rd goal against : where are the forwards on that play? OK i understand they might be gassed at this point but Provorov had too much time and space to shoot. All Ceci could do was try and block a lane but he might have ended up screening Andy a bit. Anderson could have stopped it, but I wouldn't blame this goal on him, more on the forwards, particularly Pageau who didn't cover his man. Pageau 0.5

- 4th goal against : Unnecessary icing by Oduya but if we're going to start blaming players who iced the puck before, it will just never stop :laugh:. Deflection (double?) of a shot from the point. Ridiculous to blame Oduya for that goal, maybe 0.5 but that's already pushing an agenda. Oduya 0.5

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
^^^ Yip I pretty much agree on the above. Although I would give 0.5 to Claesson for the lazy changes as well on the second goal

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 11 (NJD):

GA1: Terrible pinch by Boro, awful positioning by Ceci. 0.5 each
GA2: PP goal, and I can't really blame anyone except for Smith for taking a stupid penalty. 0.5 for Smith.
GA3: Ceci with a turnover that leads to goal indirectly. Ceci 0.5
GA4: I thought Condon was out of position. Way too much to the right of the net. 0.5 for Condon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad