GSN's Blame Game

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 26 (ANA):
GA1: Chabot is beaten to the puck in the corner. Bobby doesn't pick up Henrique. 0.5 each.
GA2: Oduya slap rims it around for some reason which creates a turnover. Ceci lies down on the ice because he was tired. 0.5 each.
GA3: empty net. can't blame anyone.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Game 26 (ANA):
GA1: Chabot is beaten to the puck in the corner. Bobby doesn't pick up Henrique. 0.5 each.
GA2: Oduya slap rims it around for some reason which creates a turnover. Ceci lies down on the ice because he was tired. 0.5 each.
GA3: empty net. can't blame anyone.
On GA2, any blame on Smith for not being able to do anything with the puck he got from Oduya? Admittedly it wasn't exactly a pass, or meant for him.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
On GA2, any blame on Smith for not being able to do anything with the puck he got from Oduya? Admittedly it wasn't exactly a pass, or meant for him.

I thought about it, but it would be harsh to blame Smith on it. That was a hard rim around, and Smith had a guy on his back. I peg this on Oduya. He had an easier play.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, thanks for the input but there are a couple of problems. One, it's way too late to comment on the games. Two, looks like I'm not the one has issues analyzing "neutrally".

Oh really? So where was I biased? It's easy to say things without developing some kind of argumentation/evidence. I say things too, but I support it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
G2 fault should also go to condon that was a save-able puck

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 27 (LAK):

GA1: Harpur gets walked. 1.0 to him
GA2: Oduya out of position, lets Iaffalo have an open shot. Condon should have been better. 0.5 each.
GA3: Tough to blame anyone on the Brown tip. Perhaps Karlsson for not tying up his stick. I'll give him 0.5 for that.
GA4: OT goal. Duchene doesn't really do anything, Condon lets it in. I don't know. Maybe feels like it's harsh to blame anyone. Thoughts?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 28 (SJS):

GA1: Karlsson gambles and loses. Smith does a pirouette which he calls defense. 0.5 each.
GA2: Vlasic scores basically a PP goal. Can't blame anyone.
GA3: For some reason Ceci decided to leave his man and go after Brassard's. His man (Karlsson) scores as he's wide open. 1.0 to Ceci.
GA4: PP goal. Can't really blame anyone.
GA5: Every one gives up on the game and stands around watching Hertl score a PP goal. 0.5 to Karlsson, P9, Duchene and Stone for not doing anything.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 29 (BUF)

GA1: Phaneuf misses check, Condon lets in a soft one. 0.5 each.
GA2: Karlsson stops skating and loses his man. He scores. 1.0 to Karl for his "defense".
GA3: PP goal. Can't really blame anyone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 30 (NYR):

GA1: Karlsson has it covered until the most crucial point when he doesn't for the Grabner tip in. 1.0 to Karl.
GA2: Oduya plays defense? Dzingel watches as his man skates by him and scores. 0.5 each.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Don't worry GSN, I quote this to keep track of my own analysis.

Game 21 (CBJ):
GA1: Burrows muffs the puck, then panics and tries to pass it unsuccessfully creating a breakaway goal. 1.0 Burrows.
GA2: Seeing eye shot that was borderline goalie interference. No blame.
GA3: Duchene fails to clear, resulting in a defensive zone turnover. Hoff and Dzingel are ghosts. 0.5 each.
GA4: Karlsson gambles and gets caught in the o-zone, Dzingel doesn't cover. Karlsson and Dzingel 0.5 each.
GA5: Empty net goal. No blame.

GA1 : agreed. Andy could have bailed him out but played badly on that breakaway. Still 1.0 to Burrows.
GA2 : agreed.
GA3 : Duchene 0.5 for failing to clear. O.5 to Andy for not stopping a stoppable shot. Dzingel and Hoffman didn't help much but I think they were all gassed after a long shift. Can't give them all 0.5 blame points because there is only 1 blame point in total per goal...
GA4 : agreed. Karlsson and Dzingel 0.5 each.
GA5 : agreed.

Game 22 (NYI):
GA1 : PP goal, can't really blame anyone.
GA2 : Smith gets taken for a ride, then bumps into Thompson taking him out of the play creating a odd man mini rush. I also thought Andy could have been better. Opinions on that? But for now 0.5 to Smith.

GA1 : agreed.
GA2 : Smith creates confusion by bumping into Thompson. Andy somehow went the other way, leaving an open net to Eberle. 0.5 to Smith and 0.5 to Anderson

Game 23 (MTL)

GA1: Ceci caught sleeping and lets Drouin have a breakaway. 1.0 Ceci.
GA2: Ceci coughs up the puck, Brassard has a chance to control it but loses the battle, Smith is just standing there watching as his man goes by him and scores. 0.5 each.

GA 1: it was a pretty good unexpected breakaway pass, maybe Ceci shouldn't have commit the hook on Drouin as Andy had a better chance to stop Drouin there than the penalty shot. 1.0 to Ceci because he was the last man out there and allowed a penalty shot. No one else to blame there.
GA2 : Ceci didn't recognize the aggressive forecheck fast enough, Brassard gets beat by Shaw and the puck goes in front. Smith let his man alone in the slot. 0.33 each? Again, only 1.0 blame point to distribute.

Game 24 (NYI)

GA1: Pyatt and Karlsson both just stand there. 0.5 each
GA2: PP goal, P9 is weak in front of the net. Can't give him a full point since it's on a PP. 0.5 Phaneuf.
GA3: Dumont misses the initial dump in, Karlsson is weak in front of the net. 0.5 to both.
GA4: Andy plays the puck, passes it to the NYI instead of leaving it for Chabot. 1.0 Andy
GA5: Unlucky stick break for Karlsson. I feel like Andy should have played it better. 0.5 to Andy? Thoughts?

GA1 : Agreed, bad coverage by Pyatt and Karlsson, 0.5 each
GA2 : Phaneuf could have tied Lee in front of the net, 0.5 because that doesn't deserve a full point.
GA3 : Agreed. Dumont was not well positioned and it allowed that 2 on 1 that created havoc. Karlsson could have done better, 0.5 each
GA4 : Agreed. His teammates didn't bail him out but it could have been avoided by not playing the puck unnecessarily. If he was good at it, I wouldn't mind but...
GA5 : Unlucky stick break for Karlsson but it is still what allowed the breakaway. Andy could have been better, 0.5 each

Game 25 (WPG):

GA1: PP goal. Not sure why Oduya was so aggressive. Totally screwing up the coverage. 1.0 Oduya
GA2: Oduya and Ceci let Perrault behind them, and neither one ties him up or at least engage him. Brassard is late on the shot from the top. 0.5 each.
GA3: It was a mess, but I gotta say Bobby, Stone and Brassard all played that poorly. Bobby was all over the place, while Stone and Brassard just stood there and watched. 0.5 each.
GA4: 5 on 3. Can't blame anyone
GA5: PP goal. Can't really blame anyone. Maybe Condon for letting the shot through. Although he was screened a bit. I'll say no blame.

GA1 : Agreed. Easier to do that at 5 on 5, but on the PK, it can easily create an hole. Weak on Condon though. 0.5 to Oduya and 0.5 to Condon
GA2 : No blame here, a screened shot that had "eyes", deflected several times on the way.
GA3 : Bobby too soft to recover the puck, another weak one for Condon. 0.5 each. Others could have helped but those 2 were the main culprits.
GA4 : Agreed.
GA5 : Condon with no confidence, another shot goes through him. It was the PP and a player passed in front but still needs to make that save. 0.5 to Condon

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 32 (MIN):

GA1: Crazy tip by Stall. I don't know if I can blame anyone. Perhaps Phaneuf who lost a board battle before the puck went back to the top. P9 0.5.
GA2: Karlsson is lazy and loses Stewart. Chabot could have been stronger on the boards, but that would be harsh. 1.0 Karlsson
GA3: Pretty much a PP goal. Can't blame anyone.
GA4: Pyatt loses the puck, then doesn't block the point shot. 1.0 Pyatt.
GA5: Andy fails to control the rebound, is about the grab the puck in front of him, but Ceci does a weak clear which goes straight on the stick of Brodin. 1.0 Ceci.
GA6: PP goal. Can't put a blame on anyone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 33 (TBL):

GA1: Delayed penalty goal. Bobby takes a stupid penalty, then is lazy and doesn't follow Johnson to the front of the net. 1.0 Bobby.
GA2: Claesson turnover in the neutral zone, Karlsson is weak on the side of the net. 0.5 each.
GA3: Claesson gets built on the outside, Stone fails to follow his man for the tap in. 0.5 each.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Game 35 (BOS):

GA1: Hoffman floats to the middle for some reason, leaving the right point open. 1.0 Hoff.
GA2: Claesson gets beat outside (again), Karlsson is just watching, Dzingle loses his man. 0.5 each.
GA3: Karlsson gets his shot blocked (again) giving Nash a breakaway basically. 1.0 Karlsson.
GA4: Phaneuf is slow and gets stripped. Paul could have been harder on the play, but really it's all on P9. 1.0 P9
GA5: Karlsson loses his man, and just waves his stick leading to Backes scoring. Andy should have sealed the bottom of the net. 0.5 each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad