GDT: Group B - May 6 - Korea vs Canada

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Canada rarely runs up the score intentionally on weaker opposition.

McDavid was almost embarrassed when he scored there. I don't know, maybe it's just a deeply embedded character trait we have.

Good. It's nice of them to do that. They can't stop playing completely, but the number of shots dropped, they're passing even more, some things will end up in goal, but they don't look like they're trying very much.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good. It's nice of them to do that. They can't stop playing completely, but the number of shots dropped, they're passing even more, some things will end up in goal, but they don't look like they're trying very much.

If you watch we just pass the puck around and control possession.

Not anything new, Canadians have done this for decades against inferior competition.

Realistically this could be a 15-0 game.

Reactions: Instant

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't know, no such saying comes to mind.

Ever wondered where comes the sata nolla saying

Back in the day when Finland was just starting to play basketball,
they played an exhibition game vs USA

Team USA was leading Team Finland 100-0 (sata nolla)
but in the dying seconds, Team USA felt sorry for us
and scored an own basket, so that the game wouldn't end 100-0

The game ended 100-2.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Slight off-topic but....do you know the biggest defeat in any team sport (cricket not included)
btw. i know :) (there is even a finnish saying because of that)
Is that saying Lumi-erät? Its good and active Tennis säying but I dont know at all where it possibly could be from.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo

That game (And the Latvia 16-0 WJ20 game the following year) were back before the whole "Other countries are getting better" rhetoric/truth. Plus it's a bunch of teams who might not even make pro depending on their team.

As was said, Canada usually farts around against the promoted teams when it comes to the men's division. It cost them against France a few years back, and as I said earlier, was kind of worried this game was going to be Hungary 2.0, completely inferior team getting dominated on the shot clock but hanging in because *Insert Euro League goalie here*

Feel bad for Dalton and his crew. but glad he didn't go beast mode like he did against the Czech Republic in the Olympics.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That game (And the Latvia 16-0 WJ20 game the following year) were back before the whole "Other countries are getting better" rhetoric/truth. Plus it's a bunch of teams who might not even make pro depending on their team.

As was said, Canada usually farts around against the promoted teams when it comes to the men's division. It cost them against France a few years back, and as I said earlier, was kind of worried this game was going to be Hungary 2.0, completely inferior team getting dominated on the shot clock but hanging in because *Insert Euro League goalie here*

Feel bad for Dalton and his crew. but glad he didn't go beast mode like he did against the Czech Republic in the Olympics.

He wasn't beast mode against the Czechs. He let in a shot between his left arm and body, just because the shot was too fast for him. The first goal was when he left a wide open net for the Czech player to score.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Korea and next year GB! I think the IIHF should be cut the WHC from 16 to 12 teams.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I guess this is what happens when you have a 16 team Hockey Tournament, you might get away with having Norway in a 15 team tournament but 16 is 1 team to far

On a side note why not Italy? Don't they usually have a team made up of dual citizen Canadians

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
He wasn't beast mode against the Czechs. He let in a shot between his left arm and body, just because the shot was too fast for him. The first goal was when he left a wide open net for the Czech player to score.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the dude had like 40+ saves in that game, that ended in a 2-1 loss for the 18th ranked team VS a big six member. By Korea standards that's kind of beast mode.

Like I said, after watching Dalton in the Olympics, my worry for a fresh "not yet chemistry" team for Canada was running into Miklos Rajna 2.0 in the form of Dalton. Thankfully that didn't happen and we dominated from the start this time, no Cristobal Huet's or Miklos Rajna's to somehow make Taylor Hall look like a joke player for a period and a half.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but the dude had like 40+ saves in that game, that ended in a 2-1 loss for the 18th ranked team VS a big six member. By Korea standards that's kind of beast mode.

Like I said, after watching Dalton in the Olympics, my worry for a fresh "not yet chemistry" team for Canada was running into Miklos Rajna 2.0 in the form of Dalton. Thankfully that didn't happen and we dominated from the start this time, no Cristobal Huet's or Miklos Rajna's to somehow make Taylor Hall look like a joke player for a period and a half.

Miklos Rajna 2.0?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad