GDT: Group B - May 6 - Korea vs Canada

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
IIHF's official news tells the story very well: IIHF - Korea wants to stay

They have no false expectations, but they know they will learn more... So, Canada! Teach them a lesson!

They have a great speed skaters, maybe hockey will continue to grow there. Always cool when a country gets it's first tournament in the top group.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
They have a great speed skaters, maybe hockey will continue to grow there. Always cool when a country gets it's first tournament in the top group.

Indeed. It's awesome. But it only means that top hockey countries must not give an inch of pity points to newcomers. It's better for their programs development if the reality check is given fast, furiously, and without any mercy as that will give best experience and starting point for further developments.

Disparity is incredible, but so it has been all hockey history long (including Finland few decades back in time). Team Canada cannot succumb to attitude problems, it's still their responsibility to act as supreme school master in occasions like this. Koreans will thank Canada for it, sooner or later.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Elliott had his own injury problems. Got back just in time to get shelled by the Pens in the playoffs. Canada has sent worse rosters than this. The thought is one of our goalies will get somewhat hot going into elimination stage and the forwards & d should provide plenty of help. So it goes at the World Championships

I just hope the second round of the playoffs is over, so that we can see better Canadian goalies in the IIHF.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
I just hope the second round of the playoffs is over, so that we can see better Canadian goalies in the IIHF.

It's really only Murray or Holtby. Murray has played a lot of hockey recently which is always tough on a young goalie. I bet he'd choose to rest over stealing someone's job. And if Caps lose 6 & 7 I just can't picture Holtby coming. Hopefully I'm wrong though

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I genuine feel bad for Korean team, even before the game. They should be playing 2div, would be perhaps making more sense for everyone. But lets see the game first.. I hope they somehow are able to put up a crazy fight and not look too bad :) Go Korea!

Reactions: wunderpanda

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I genuine feel bad for Korean team, even before the game. They should be playing 2div, would be perhaps making more sense for everyone. But lets see the game first.. I hope they somehow are able to put up a crazy fight and not look too bad :) Go Korea!

Are you Korean?

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
12-0.

Finland scored 'only' 8 but could've had more than that. This will be a man slaughter and it's not going to look pretty for Koreans. Canada will come in dry but not even hard.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Most Canadians play on these remaining eight NHL teams? Not that I understand how is that relevant.

I was responding to a question that asked why many of the good Canadians weren't on the national team. It's relevant. You just fail to see what kind of conversation transpired beyond my post. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad