93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 97 Connor McDavid - 17 Jaden Schwartz
72 Anthony Beauvillier - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
18 Pierre-Luc Dubois - 53 Bo Horvat - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau
21 Tyson Jost

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
8-0 Canada, there is a small possibility the koreans gets one in as goaltending isn't looking the best for Canada, but the D should balance that problem out when against a team like Korea.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Generally, don't predict 10 goal wins, because the winning team always gets tired of scoring after 6 or 7.

9-0.
I saw the Latvian exhibition game vs. Canada and I saw the Korean game against Team Finland.

Let me tell you what, the scoreline could easily get real ugly. The Canadians don't need a lot of effort to score, while the Koreans have never faced a full blown NHL team. They had 3 shots on goal halfway through the game for God's sake.

14-0

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Team Canada should remember take some penalties, at least when they need more goals... ;)

It's nice Korea appears in the tournament, but this game is going to be total slaughter. Canada can allow two or three goals and still winning margin will be ridiculous. If Canada won't go to full scale overrun-mode (as they should for educational mentoring purposes), then Korea's next opponent Team USA probably will. Chock therapy for new comers:

"Welcome to the worlds!"

I expect Goal Differential of Team Korea to be something like -25 or -30 after first three games.

Reactions: Bobby G

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Games like this showcase everything that is wrong with the world championships, too many piss poor teams that result in a bunch of meaningless exhibition games.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
This really should be lopsided. The Aho line (Fins in general) just shredded these guys, Canada's 4 lines are like nothing this Korean roster has ever played against.

Think they'll start Dalton again?

He actually looked pretty good. But if they have dreams of avoiding relegation maybe they will give him the day off. Him facing 90-100 high quality shots in less than 24 hours doesn't seem like the best long term plan. I assume he wants a shot at his home country.

Anyone mind sharing Canada's two PP lines? I missed most of the first game.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Games like this showcase everything that is wrong with the world championships, too many piss poor teams that result in a bunch of meaningless exhibition games.

I disagree. I think it is really cool in one sense. Korea reshaped their entire hockey program leading up to their home Olympics. As a result they won promotion all the way up to the top division. Now these guys get to play against some of the top players in the world, a dream come true. I'm excited to see Great Britain next year. It's not a perfect tournament by any means but the fight to avoid relegation is it's own tournament & great entertainment to many hockey fans.

Plus you get some fans who travel to experience the tournament & it helps grow the sport.

Korea is one of the most extreme examples you will see, yes the will have some ugly scores, but f*** it still cool to me!

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Why is Kuemper starting? Where's Price?

Price had a shit year. Dealt with knee injury, concussion and some mysterious chronic fatigue or something. I don't think he was ever viewed as a legitimate candidate. He does have World Junior, Olympics & World Cup gold (with ridiculous numbers), so maybe he will take down world's at some point.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I disagree. I think it is really cool in one sense. Korea reshaped their entire hockey program leading up to their home Olympics. As a result they won promotion all the way up to the top division. Now these guys get to play against some of the top players in the world, a dream come true. I'm excited to see Great Britain next year. It's not a perfect tournament by any means but the fight to avoid relegation is it's own tournament & great entertainment to many hockey fans.

Plus you get some fans who travel to experience the tournament & it helps grow the sport.

Korea is one of the most extreme examples you will see, yes the will have some ugly scores, but **** it still cool to me!

IIHF's official news tells the story very well: IIHF - Korea wants to stay

They have no false expectations, but they know they will learn more... So, Canada! Teach them a lesson!

Reactions: Bobby G

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Price had a **** year. Dealt with knee injury, concussion and some mysterious chronic fatigue or something. I don't think he was ever viewed as a legitimate candidate. He does have World Junior, Olympics & World Cup gold (with ridiculous numbers), so maybe he will take down world's at some point.

That's a pity. Isn't Brian Elliott from Canada, though?

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
That's a pity. Isn't Brian Elliott from Canada, though?

Elliott had his own injury problems. Got back just in time to get shelled by the Pens in the playoffs. Canada has sent worse rosters than this. The thought is one of our goalies will get somewhat hot going into elimination stage and the forwards & d should provide plenty of help. So it goes at the World Championships

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad