GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Good game by the US. They could have just rolled over but they didn't.

I'm sure playing against Team Canada in Canada had something to do with it.

Now lets see if they show in during the relegation round.

4thliner*

Goal!! Stone to Schwartz!

That was a great example of how Stone dominates play in the dub setting up his teammates as well as finish himself.

I laugh every time a Huberdeua fan tries to mention Hubby, as if he is carrying that line or is the reason Stone is dominating. Pretty sure Hubby had nothing to do with Stone dominating there behind the other teams goal handling the puck bullying dman before he set up the goal. Stone is dominating the WHL without any real star support and is by far the best player on Brandon team he is captaining. Further more he was way more assists than he has goals with the Wheat Kings. Even in this tourney he produced just the same when Hubedeua was injured in pre-tourney. Even that game vs. Sweden when Huberdeua was invisible on a different line, Stone scored 2 goals including the Forsberg style goal of the tourney.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Drop the back and forth bickering now, please.

It was a good game. Canada won.

Everyone enjoy New Years Eve and have a good time. Be respectful of one another. Don't allow a game or tournament we have no effect on to compromise that.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't think the US played as bad as some say on here.
They controlled the play and out shot both Finland and the Czechs.
The bounces did not go their way. Crap happens in a short tournament.

Canadian fans should know that too.

In 1998 we ended up in 8th place and lost to Kazakhstan.

The US will be back next year with a vengeance.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
How dare an opposing team's player say they're going to beat their next opponent!!! Show some class!!! :rant:

Yeah I usually feel its only bulletin board material if you were to say something like I would stop it. In terms of Luongo or if someone said we will beat them and it won't be close.

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
How dare an opposing team's player say they're going to beat their next opponent!!! Show some class!!! :rant:

If it was the right thing to do he wouldn't have toned it down today. Thing is, in toning it down, he did show some class. If it was the right thing to do it would happen more often.

4thliner*

If it was the right thing to do he wouldn't have toned it down today. Thing is, in toning it down, he did show some class. If it was the right thing to do it would happen more often.

It has nothing to do with being classless because everyone
KNOWS Canada is the better team and he only looked like a fool saying such a thing.

Now if he said it when they were about to play a weak opponent...yes it could have been.

But he only looked like a fool. I was laughing at the guy because I knew why he was trying to put on a brave face an say such a foolish thing to say. I don't think even the camera guy believed him.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So what's the schedule look like now?

Finland Vs Slovakia
Russia vs Czechs

Who does Sweden and Canada play?

Edit: Nvm, Sweden vs winner of Finland/Slovakia and Canada vs the other winner. So basically, Sweden vs either Canada or Russia

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wanted to watch this game, but I went to see my Jackets get shat on instead... :(

How did Jenner and Tynan look?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That should be a beneficial experience for Canada. One period of very good hockey, then they were punished for lazy play. It was also good for them to have to play in a situation that actually involved some pressure. I am tired of Gallagher playing on the top line. He seems so much better in an energy role. I would much rather Connolly on odd man rushes.

Good job to USA too, as they played much better than I expected after the third goal. Definitely some quality players on that team, but the chemistry is terrible for some reason (along with a few defencemen).

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Call me crazy, but I don't like our chances.

You have to beat the best to be the best. Both Russia and Sweden look very good this year and I expected that Canada was going to have to face both to win. No easy path to gold for Canada. Should be great games. Finland will play their hearts out against Sweden as well.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So what's the schedule look like now?

Finland Vs Slovakia
Russia vs Czechs

Who does Sweden and Canada play?

Edit: Nvm, Sweden vs winner of Finland/Slovakia and Canada vs the other winner. So basically, Sweden vs either Canada or Russia

Canada will play the winner of the Czechs/Russia.

I am predicting an upset of Russia by the Czechs - the Czech goalie will stand on his head; the Russians will also have trouble getting past tonight's loss.

The Fins will beat Slovakia and play Sweden in the Semis. I also believe they will upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad