GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Credit to the USA for making a game out of it and pushing Canada right until the final buzzer. A little adversity can't ever hurt.

With Wedgewood in goal Canada has an excellent chance to win gold

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
Congrats, Canada.

You'll have to carry the torch for North America this go around. Sad that Team USA didn't show up this tournament for another battle. Go get 'em, neighbors.

Funny, I can get all worked up about a Canada/USA WJHC game, big time. But when it went sideways for the States this year, I wasn't as happy I should have been. I got robbed of my big New Year's game. Better luck next year, neighbors.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Credit to the USA for making a game out of it and pushing Canada right until the final buzzer. A little adversity can't ever hurt.

With Wedgewood in goal Canada has an excellent chance to win gold

Yeah, this game will do nothing but benefit Canada for their remaining games. A real benefit to get tested in a game they didn't want to lose to their rival.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario

We quit playing half way through the second and the worst part is losing Herrington and Beauli in a game that meant nothing

Harrington should be okay to go according to Hockey Canada and Beaulieu should be able to battle through, albeit with a (possibly customized to fit that grapefuit-sized cheekbone) full face shield.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Funny, I can get all worked up about a Canada/USA WJHC game, big time. But when it went sideways for the States this year, I wasn't as happy I should have been. I got robbed of my big New Year's game. Better luck next year, neighbors.

Well, at least it was a good game still. I suspected Team USA to roll over after that 2nd goal. Campbell had to make some good saves to give his team time to wake up. At least they made it competitive. Team USA has a history of throwing in the towel in this tournament once their chance of winning gold is gone. Still a pathetic showing but at least they showed some heart tonight.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
excellent effort by the americans tonight, they could have easily rolled over and packed it in after the third goal, you guys should be proud of your boys.

FanHabtic*

I think the US can take some pride in how they didn't quit in this game when it would have been so easy to do so. Jack Campbell was player of the game for the US. He kept em in it.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Harrington should be okay to go according to Hockey Canada and Beaulieu should be able to battle through, albeit with a (possibly customized to fit that grapefuit-sized cheekbone) full face shield.

I am fearing a possible broken jaw lets hope not and he can play Herrington hopefully isn't too bad it looked like he was having his left shoulder worked on sitting on the bench.

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Can someone explain the relegation round to me? So the 2 losers between USA/SUI and DEN/LAT get sent down to Division 1? If that's the case hen that would be so embarrassing for USA hockey.

FanHabtic*

Harrington was kept out for precautionary reasons. If this game counted for something he would have played. Beaulieu is obviously ok otherwise he would have been iced rather than returning.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Can someone explain the relegation round to me? So the 2 losers between USA/SUI and DEN/LAT get sent down to Division 1? If that's the case hen that would be so embarrassing for USA hockey.

No, after a couple of games they will have a 7 vs 8 and a 9 vs 10. The loser of 9 vs 10 gets relegated.

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
Well, at least it was a good game still. I suspected Team USA to roll over after that 2nd goal. Campbell had to make some good saves to give his team time to wake up. At least they made it competitive. Team USA has a history of throwing in the towel in this tournament once their chance of winning gold is gone. Still a pathetic showing but at least they showed some heart tonight.

I thought that the States showed some character tonight as well. Looking back at their games, they probably deserved more for their effort. Lots of shots anyway.... They needed some production from guys like Saad and Coyle, obviously.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Itès next to impossible for the U S to be sent down. They play a round robin they carry over the s cores they played against each other. So already the U S is 1 and 0 having beaten enmark 12 to 3. Only the bottom team this year gets relegated. It will more than likely be Latvia or Denmark.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.

Agreed, Campbell made some big saves when another goal would have sealed the deal. Credit to the U.S. for waking up and making a real good contest out of it. Can't wait to see Coyle and Huberdeau playing together.

Last edited:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Itès next to impossible for the U S to be sent down. They play a round robin they carry over the s cores they played against each other. So already the U S is 1 and 0 having beaten enmark 12 to 3. Only the bottom team this year gets relegated. It will more than likely be Latvia or Denmark.

I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad