GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImOnFire81

Aug 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Correction, if Stone gets cold. Hubeduea hasn't been finishing and only has 1 goal. Stone drew in 2 defenders in the far corner and set Hubby up in-front of USA net with no one anywhere near him near the end of the 1st period.

I think Schwartz has been excellent at both ends of the ice, Scheifele has been invisible, even that game he scored his only 2 pp goals. Schwartz was producing more in the pre-tourney games when he was centering Stone.

Connolly is also elevating his game.
Also Ryan Murray is ballin too.

4thliner*

Ryan Murray is gonna be a great pro. Hasn't showed any of the offensive skill and scoring ability I am sure he has but he's been very solid defensively.

Says something he is playing significant minutes on team Canada when he is still draft eligible.

AugustBurnsRed*

Man, Beaulieu looks rough. Looks exactly like I did 2 years ago.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Again I vote Thisguy as most negative Canadian fan.
He's got my vote! The fact is that Canada was so dominant in both of those games that they eventually lost interest. Only after the Canadian intensity waned did those teams seem even slightly dangerous.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
He's got my vote! The fact is that Canada was so dominant in both of those games that they eventually lost interest. Only after the Canadian intensity waned did those teams seem even slightly dangerous.

Amazing. :laugh: I'm the most negative Canadian fan because I'm not impressed by the fact that this team hasnt been able to produce a solid 60 minute effort in their last two games heading into the medal round?

Anyone with half a brain who watched last year's Gold Medal Game should realize the utter importance of playing a 60 minute game rather than a 30 minute one (against Denmark) or a 20 minute one (against USA). :shakehead

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
Amazing. :laugh: I'm the most negative Canadian fan because I'm not impressed by the fact that this team hasnt been able to produce a solid 60 minute effort in their last two games heading into the medal round?

Anyone with half a brain who watched last year's Gold Medal Game should realize the utter importance of playing a 60 minute game rather than a 30 minute one (against Denmark) or a 20 minute one (against USA). :shakehead

With all due respect dude, who the hell cares if they didn't play well in the 3rd against Denmark when the game was already 7-0 or whatever. I GET what you're saying, but I am not going to judge their medal round intensity based on two games that ultimately meant nothing. I do concede they SHOULD still play a full 60 minutes, as if it were still 0-0 against a good team like the USA, even if the game meant nothing.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
both of our countries are so intertwined that is no longer a true Canada vs US anymore. You have have Canadians playing in the states, and Americans playing in Canada. And nationalities shared, kids of Canadians playing in America, kids of Americans playing in Canada etc

GM17*

Correction, if Stone gets cold. Hubeduea hasn't been finishing and only has 1 goal. Stone drew in 2 defenders in the far corner and set Hubby up in-front of USA net with no one anywhere near him near the end of the 1st period.

I think Schwartz has been excellent at both ends of the ice, Scheifele has been invisible, even that game he scored his only 2 pp goals. Schwartz was producing more in the pre-tourney games when he was centering Stone.

Connolly is also elevating his game.

Why would you exclude the player who has the primary assist on all of his goals?

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Wedgewood is a product of the system. He'd be nothing without the trap.

Just getting it out there before he actually starts playing for the Devils.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I hope yesterday's game does not come back to haunt Canada whether it be the injuries or the way they seemed to take their foot off the pedal.

I hope they can turn it on again in the semis.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

For all those who criticize the Canadian fans for booing and getting involved in the WJR's to the level we do... (from Bob McKenzie and TSN)

The Canadian fans did their best to make the Americans feel unwelcome. They cheered every U.S. opponent, booed the Americans mercilessly, and mockingly chanted the surname of U.S. goalie Jack Campbell.

Campbell said he heard it, but didn't mind at all.

"As weird as this may sound I'm so thankful the fans are this involved in hockey," said Campbell, a Dallas Stars draft pick.

"Obviously they weren't chanting my name to root for me, but it's a special thing I can tell my grandkids about: 20,000 people were screaming my name."

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I hope yesterday's game does not come back to haunt Canada whether it be the injuries or the way they seemed to take their foot off the pedal.

I hope they can turn it on again in the semis.

Especially with a looming game against possibly Russia.

Looking at this tournament, its clear that there are 3 "top tier" teams: Canada, Russia, Sweden. The semis will be are first test against a top tier team

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Especially with a looming game against possibly Russia.

Looking at this tournament, its clear that there are 3 "top tier" teams: Canada, Russia, Sweden. The semis will be are first test against a top tier team

I am still predicting an upset of either Russia or Sweden - or both.

I think Russia is ripe for the picking. They will be running into a hot goalie and they had their hearts ripped out NYE.

I also feel Finland can take out Sweden but... I am less confident about that.

desdemona

May 25, 2008
I am still predicting an upset of either Russia or Sweden - or both.

I think Russia is ripe for the picking. They will be running into a hot goalie and they had their hearts ripped out NYE.

I also feel Finland can take out Sweden but... I am less confident about that.

I strongly disagree. Russia was upset last night, but tomorrow they'll be pissed off and taking out their misplaced anger on Mrazek & company. They know that they could have played better for the full game, but didn't. Now they will.

And this is why Canada should be fearful of Russia right now. They'll likely beat the Czech Republic to play Canada. Canada hasn't been tested by a team as good as Sweden or Russia yet, nor have they kept up their intensity for a full 60 minutes in any of the games. They won't be ready for an aggressive, determined team. If Russia builds a lead in the semis, Canada will likely be able to regroup and finally play to their full potential, but will they catch up? And what a time in the tournament to learn this lesson.

Of course it doesn't have to be like that. Hay is a really great coach and he might not let it get that bad. I hope.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
For all those who criticize the Canadian fans for booing and getting involved in the WJR's to the level we do... (from Bob McKenzie and TSN)

The Canadian fans did their best to make the Americans feel unwelcome. They cheered every U.S. opponent, booed the Americans mercilessly, and mockingly chanted the surname of U.S. goalie Jack Campbell.

"As weird as this may sound I'm so thankful the fans are this involved in hockey," said Campbell, a Dallas Stars draft pick.

"Obviously they weren't chanting my name to root for me, but it's a special thing I can tell my grandkids about: 20,000 people were screaming my name."

Thats a great attitude towards the booing and name chanting. Im impressed.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I strongly disagree. Russia was upset last night, but tomorrow they'll be pissed off and taking out their misplaced anger on Mrazek & company. They know that they could have played better for the full game, but didn't. Now they will.

And this is why Canada should be fearful of Russia right now. They'll likely beat the Czech Republic to play Canada. Canada hasn't been tested by a team as good as Sweden or Russia yet, nor have they kept up their intensity for a full 60 minutes in any of the games. They won't be ready for an aggressive, determined team. If Russia builds a lead in the semis, Canada will likely be able to regroup and finally play to their full potential, but will they catch up? And what a time in the tournament to learn this lesson.

Of course it doesn't have to be like that. Hay is a really great coach and he might not let it get that bad. I hope.

Agreed.

The other thing is that Russia has the biggest X-Factor in the tourney: Kuznetsov. We all know what he did in last years medal round.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Agreed.

The other thing is that Russia has the biggest X-Factor in the tourney: Kuznetsov. We all know what he did in last years medal round.

lots of ppl tlaking about how Canada let the us back in it then someone is pumping up russia

what exactly did russia do last night? oh right they caved.

they were outplayed for most of the game too. If Russia plays like that they won't get past Canada

skroob**

He can also tell them 'I had more class than an arena full of people'.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004

Jack Campbell shows more class than the fans in Canada show during this tournament. Why the US is targeted like this is one of the great mysteries to us below the 48th. Whether it is this or the baloney about a Canada-based NHL team winning the cup when most of the players on all the US-based teams are from Canada, I simply do not get it. What have we done to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad