Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2012 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP B
DECEMBER 31, 2011
6:00 PM MT • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET (JAN. 1)

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

Rexall_Place.jpg

REXALL PLACE, EDMONTON
(CAPACITY: 16,839)

Canada
Official lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
8 Jaden Schwartz (C)
|
19 Mark Scheifele​
|
12 Brendan Gallagher​
|-
11 Jonathan Huberdeau​
|
18 Ryan Strome​
|
16 Mark Stone​
|-
21 Quinton Howden​
|
13 Freddie Hamilton​
|
14 Brett Connolly (A)
|-
10 Michaël Bournival​
|
20 Boone Jenner​
|
15 Tanner Pearson​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
3 Brandon Gormley (A)
|
4 Dougie Hamilton​
|-
6 Scott Harrington​
|
27 Ryan Murray​
|-
2 Jamie Oleksiak​
|
5 Mark Pysyk​
|-
28 Nathan Beaulieu​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
30 Scott Wedgewood​
|
29 Mark Visentin​
|-

Scratches | Reason
R 22 Devante Smith-Pelly|
Foot injury​
|-

United States
Official lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
11 J.T. Miller​
|
3 Charlie Coyle​
|
10 Emerson Etem (A)
|-
16 Jason Zucker (C)
|
2 Adam Czarnik​
|
14 Bill Arnold​
|-

20 Kyle Rau​
|
27 Nick Bjugstad​
|
21 Josh Archibald​
|-

22 Brandon Saad​
|
19 T.J. Tynan​
|
26 Austin Watson​
|-
-​
|
23 Connor Brickley​
|
-​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
24 Jarred Tinordi (A)
|
15 Jon Merrill​
|
12 Kevin Gravel​
|
8 Jacob Trouba​
|
-​
|
5 Adam Clendending​
|
28 Stephen Johns​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
1 Jack Campbell​
|
35 John Gibson​
|
-​

Scratches | Reason
D 4 Derek Forbort|
Unknown​
|-

Officials
- | -
wru.gif
|Vyacheslav Bulanov
wse.gif
|Sören Persson
wse.gif
|Johannes Käck
wsk.gif
|Milan Novák

Last edited:

Macman

May 15, 2004
Hopefully no injuries for Canada but I have a feeling it's going to be nasty.

Fehr Time*

Canada will have a very tough time tonight IMO. They will be facing a very angry and focused American team and Canada may come out flat with the birth in the semi final already clinched. 7-3 USA the final.

This will be a very physical and chippy game as well.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Canada will have a very tough time tonight IMO. They will be facing a very angry and focused American team and Canada may come out flat with the birth in the semi final already clinched. 7-3 USA the final.

The States could win but it won't be 7-3 more like 3-1.

Fehr Time*

The States could win but it won't be 7-3 more like 3-1.

I dunno, I think they are due for a bit of an offensive explosion after being snakebitten the last two games. I would be surprised if they scored less than 5. Canada could probably use a bit of an ego deflater to make sure they are focused for the playoff round.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I dunno, I think they are due for a bit of an offensive explosion after being snakebitten the last two games. I would be surprised if they scored less than 5. Canada could probably use a bit of an ego deflater to make sure they are focused for the playoff round.

They don't have the team mentality or the scoring talent for a 7 goal outburst against our D and their D is terrible Tinordi especially is crap and it kills me to see that as a HABS fan.

Rally Donkey

Aug 13, 2009
Chatham, Ont

7-3 USA?? Bwahhahhahaaa :facepalm:. No disrespect, but that is the height of dellusion. On it's best day, this team struggles to score more than 2 or 3 goals against an average team. With Wedgewood in net for Canada, the USA is more likely to be shut out in this game than any other. If their embrassment, anger and resentment does not result in undisciplined penalties which Canada will convert better than 50%, it will result in resignation and hoplessness which will lead to the most shameful blowout this tournament has ever seen. Either way, the US team will lose tongiht 7-0 or 9-1.

Davebo*

Based on your track record, as a Team Canada fan I'm ecstatic with your prediction. :handclap:

I fully expect the yanks to attempt to goon it up.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
7-3 USA?? Bwahhahhahaaa :facepalm:. No disrespect, but that is the height of dellusion. On it's best day, this team struggles to score more than 2 or 3 goals against an average team. With Wedgewood in net for Canada, the USA is more likely to be shut out in this game than any other. If their embrassment, anger and resentment does not result in undisciplined penalties which Canada will convert better than 50%, it will result in resignation and hoplessness which will lead to the most shameful blowout this tournament has ever seen. Either way, the US team will lose tongiht 7-0 or 9-1.

I think if Canada takes a early lead the States could get frustrated.

Fehr Time*

This game reminds me of the '99 game in winnipeg against the USA. The U.S. had nothing to lose as they were eliminated from the playoff round while Canada would be advancing. USA won 5-2.

FanHabtic*

Has any of your predictions come true in this tournament? :laugh:

I remember when the flood gates were supposed to open in the Finland game...

FanHabtic*

I just hope the US comes out strong tonight and doesn't quit early. The Canadians need a challenge. So far only the Swedes have played the Canadians on equal terms and that was in the preliminary games.

Canada needs a pressure cooker of a game to see where they are at. Hopefully the US can supply it but i'm not holding my breath. I fear Russian/Sweden.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
This game reminds me of the '99 game in winnipeg against the USA. The U.S. had nothing to lose as they were eliminated from the playoff round while Canada would be advancing. USA won 5-2.

to use a "Fehrism" wouldn't USA be way too tired to put up much resistance??
Afterall that was your theory when Canada had to play 2 in 2 and lose to Denmark! :laugh::laugh:

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Man, this could get ugly. With nothing to play for but pride the U.S. could get tuned.

Actually....it could be something like 5-3 for either side.
I'm not really expecting a blow-out.
I'm hoping Gibson gets the start and show everyone what he can really do! IMHO...he's still the best goalie in the WJHC. (yes...including Mrazek)

FanHabtic*

Does the usa even have the muscle to goon it up? They have a bunch of little guys up front. Canada has a pretty big team all round.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Because you have been so accurate in the past?

You would think after taking so many stabs in the dark you would finally be right here and there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Expect being surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad