Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Here's how I see the Griffins looking in 14-15, assuming that Jurco will start with the Wings and XO will start with the Griffs. If a D-man prospect (XO or Marchenko) is pulled up, replace that player with Lashoff on this team.

pcxnxEE.jpg

Given that the defense will only improve as prospects develop and the goaltending team is the same, the Griffs should be early favorites in the AHL. Also, that first line is going to terrorize the league.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miele ended up as a 2nd line wing, though, so that they can put a bigger center like Nesty or Nosek on the top line. Either way, this team will be good.

I don't think both Callahan and Ferraro will be waived down. Maybe Ferraro, if Holland re-signs Alfredsson, but definitely not both. Callahan won't pass waivers. He was that good at last season. PK, net-front, agitating game + 26 goals with bottom6 ice-time.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wings giving Miele and Porter good deals to play with the Griffins. $325k and $300k respectively for their AHL side of the deal per capgeek.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
What is the evidence? Is it fact or just opinion? I don't like some of his decisions either but to say he does not know what he is doing is pushing it, IMO.

The way he managed the cap and the roster last year so that Nyquist couldn't even play with the club for a quarter of the season? The fact that he even signed Dan Cleary last season? Or Williams, Colaiacchivo, Bertuzzi, or Samuelsson in previous seasons? Quincey this summer? The Quincey and Legwand trades? It seems like a larger and larger sample size is making itself evident that Holland is becoming more incapable of handling this roster. The Detroit Red Wings draft well, and Holland surely has a hand in that, but handling the pro roster, its contracts and its player personnel are his foremost responsibility, and he doesn't handle that well at all anymore. 2009 was 5 years ago.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
The way he managed the cap and the roster last year so that Nyquist couldn't even play with the club for a quarter of the season? The fact that he even signed Dan Cleary last season? Or Williams, Colaiacchivo, Bertuzzi, or Samuelsson in previous seasons? Quincey this summer? The Quincey and Legwand trades? It seems like a larger and larger sample size is making itself evident that Holland is becoming more incapable of handling this roster. The Detroit Red Wings draft well, and Holland surely has a hand in that, but handling the pro roster, its contracts and its player personnel are his foremost responsibility, and he doesn't handle that well at all anymore. 2009 was 5 years ago.

This is how i feel as well....

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Funny how last three Calder Cups have been won under current or former Red Wings management.

2012 - Syracuse (Yzerman)
2013 - Grand Rapids (Holland/Nill)
2014 - Texas (Jim Nill)

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I don't see it that way.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So we are almost set with players, just not the lines

I added Aubrey whose under contract and removed Hodgson who isnt

offense: GRG usually keep 14-15 forwards with 2-3 real Vets

Tomas Jurco - Andrej Nestrasil - Teemu Pulkkinen
Anthony Mantha - Tomas Nosek - Martin Frk
Jeff Hoggan - Kevin Porter - Andreas Athanasiou
Triston Grant - Louis-Marc Aubry - Marek Tvrdon
Colin Campbell - ? - Shane Berschbach

defense: GRG usually keep 8 D with 2 real Vets

Xavier Ouellet - Ryan Sproul
Mattias Bäckman - Alexei Marchenko
Richard Nedomlel - Nick Jensen
Nathan Paetsch - Evans

in goal:
Petr Mrazek & Tom McCollum

in Toledo Jake Paterson & Jared Coreau

That roster could hang with a couple bottom feeder NHL teams :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
And it's still missing likely #1 C Miele... :)

Tough to say who is 1st line center, there will be really strong Top6 with two equally good lines and very dangerous 3rd line.

I'd like to see these:

Jurco 6'2 Left - Nosek 6'2 Left - Pulkkinen 5'11 Right
Porter 6'0 Left - Miele 5'9 Left - Mantha 6'5 Left

I'd like too see those Europeans thogether and put Mantha with those two mentoring North Americans. Miele is aheck of a playmaker, perfect match for sniper Mantha. Porter does the dirty work on that line.

Same duties on that European line, Jurco does the dirty work, Nosek makes plays and Pulkkinen scoooors. Of course these more in each guys, Pulkkinen can make plays and Jurco is a great scorer, those should just work. nice size combinations also.

Hoggan 6'1 Left - Athanasiou 6'2 Left - Campbell 6'1 Right
Tvrdon 6'2 Left - Nestrasil 6'2 Left - Frk 6'0 Right

Another totally North American line and "czechoslovakian" line at Bottom6. Nice 4-line machine. Every line is dangerous with good combination of different kind of skill.

Grant and Aubry 13-14th forwards.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Mantha does seem like a good fit with the 'NHLers'. Could be an insanely capable AHL line if Mantha makes a fast pro transition.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Have to think the Wild are not happy about that. Challenging change for a team that is trying to get back off the ground in Des Moines. Also sorry Drumnj looks like less in person games this year. I think they are much better off being affiliated with the Wild, but still that is an interesting twist for that franchise.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Excited to watch some GR games this year. The only roster this organization knows how to construct properly anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad