Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Griffins sign a dude from my hometown, who went to Univ of Wisconsin.

Mark Zengerle (Rochester, N.Y.) will be gainfully employed come this fall as Wisconsin hockey’s top assist man from the last four seasons has signed a one-year contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL. Grand Rapids is the top minor-league affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings.

Described as a "speedy playmaker". Center---25 years old, 5'11 182 lbs, shoots right.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like Toledo is going to have a really strong team. If Callahan and Ferraro can't fit to Wings also they will push this kind of 'Zengerles' to ECHL.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
So both the Wings and the Griffins have to find two new assistants this off-season. One down, three to go.

CouchScout

I have watched Zengerle a little bit the last few years, and he's got great offensive awareness and hockey sense. Always poking around the net and he's got some physicality as well. If he's playing in the ECHL, then Grand Rapids has the best team in the AHL, including Texas.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The team has to be prepared for them to be claimed off waivers. They are already losing a decent amount of players.

I don't think they have to be prepared for that, because I think that there is a very low chance of they happening.

Could be wrong, but I would be surprised.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
The team has to be prepared for them to be claimed off waivers. They are already losing a decent amount of players.

They have plenty of quality AHL players already, a lot of these guys will be in the ECHL, I'm pretty sure they are stocking up for Toledo because the Walleye are no longer affiliated with the Blackhawks.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
They have plenty of quality AHL players already, a lot of these guys will be in the ECHL, I'm pretty sure they are stocking up for Toledo because the Walleye are no longer affiliated with the Blackhawks.
And Toledo has been quite terrible so it would be good for the kids to be on a winning team in the ECHL as well.

As of now, Zengerle sounds like the most interesting one of these college pick-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille